Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ill Say It. Reed Looks Like Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
No this is who he has always been in primetime... this same guy. Luckily he got hurt the year TJ Yates played in the playoffs. Matt Schaub was never the reason why we won games. His numbers are flawed due to the fact we were always down in games and he would bring us back to still lose most times. Last 8 games he has thrown an interception... now that the texans are relevant contender wise teams have been scouting us harder the last few years hence Schaub gets exposed and now looks worse when in reality this is the same quarterback we have always had. Wake up!
I'm as big a Schaub hater as anyone on this board, but that is wrong. Sorry. Schaub has shown in the past he's a very good QB, just not consistently. But now he's showing us he's not even that.

But anyway, I guess we both agree on he has to go. And I mean NOW.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #42
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273093 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

We signed Ed Reed to help us in the second half of the season and the playoffs. That's a fact. We didn't really care all that much about his early impact and I get that. I don't hold anything against the Texans for taking a shot at Reed. I applaud them for doing it. I do think that Reed was less than honest about his hip and that he had a pretty damn good idea that he would probably never deliver on the contract he signed. I think he probably felt like he wouldn't need to put up until late in the year anyway and then maybe he felt like he had another playoff run in him at best.

unfortunately we're not going to the playoffs this year and Ed Reed isn't going to make any difference at all.

Like I said, I applaud the Texans for taking a shot at someone. I just don't understand exactly why they'd go this deep into investing in Ed Reed and not make every possible effort to pursue Manning. He's only possibly the greatest QB in the history of QB's. It's nice to see the Texans taking the rare shot at an epic move. It would be nicer if their moves made more sense though.
Old 10-07-2013   #43
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm as big a Schaub hater as anyone on this board, but that is wrong. Sorry. Schaub has shown in the past he's a very good QB, just not consistently. But now he's showing us he's not even that.

But anyway, I guess we both agree on he has to go. And I mean NOW.
Schaub has only been that when he is absolutely under no pressure. Playoffs and primetime games are nothing but pressure. He gave Cincinnati a touchdown last year in the playoffs. He is what he is.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #44
dickieb
Veteran

Rep Power: 148 dickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respecteddickieb is a quality contributor and well respected

I was not a fan of the Ed Reed signing, and to think they didn't even offer Glover Quinn any contract. They didn't even give him a chance to stay a Texan. Ed Reed is Ahman Green part deux!! Paying big for people at the end of their careers I'll never understand. Make him a coach if you want, but don't pay a player on their way out. There is a reason Baltimore didn't want him...
Old 10-07-2013   #45
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
How about you wake up and stick to the topic of the thread please. We have plenty of Schaub-talk threads.
The Ed Reed topic was dead even before it started just like the game last night.
Old 10-07-2013   #46
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How about you wake up and stick to the topic of the thread please. We have plenty of Schaub-talk threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
The Ed Reed topic was dead even before it started just like the game last night.
You'll learn to take hints from me so I'd suggest you tread lightly. #Heisenberg

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #47
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We signed Ed Reed to help us in the second half of the season and the playoffs. That's a fact. We didn't really care all that much about his early impact and I get that. I don't hold anything against the Texans for taking a shot at Reed. I applaud them for doing it. I do think that Reed was less than honest about his hip and that he had a pretty damn good idea that he would probably never deliver on the contract he signed. I think he probably felt like he wouldn't need to put up until late in the year anyway and then maybe he felt like he had another playoff run in him at best.

unfortunately we're not going to the playoffs this year and Ed Reed isn't going to make any difference at all.

Like I said, I applaud the Texans for taking a shot at someone. I just don't understand exactly why they'd go this deep into investing in Ed Reed and not make every possible effort to pursue Manning. He's only possibly the greatest QB in the history of QB's. It's nice to see the Texans taking the rare shot at an epic move. It would be nicer if their moves made more sense though.
Maybe they did but Manning found Kubiak's system, playcalling and overall coaching ability wanting???
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #48
cstyle42
Veteran

Quote:
You'll learn to take hints from me so I'd suggest you tread lightly. #Heisenberg
Ok I see lol!
Old 10-07-2013   #49
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Maybe they did but Manning found Kubiak's system, playcalling and overall coaching ability wanting???
There is zero indication that they even sniffed in Manning's direction. Kubiak is a control-freak on offense, and given that Manning is a self-sustaining, self-aware QB robot who can break down defenses, audible, and call his own plays in the huddle, he was not a good fit for Gary's ego. OFFENSE, I mean offense. Right.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #50
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Season stats:

Ed Reed, 3 games, 3 starts, 8 tackles, 0 pdef, 0 int., 0 fumble rec.
5 mil a yr. avg. salary, plus the cost of hip surgery but not sure who pays for that.

Glover Quin, 5 games, 5 starts, 21 tackles, 4 pdef, 2 int. for 57 yds., 1 fumble rec.
4.7 mil a yr. avg. salary, younger healthier experienced productive and cheaper.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #51
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I looked for Reed to bring veteran leadership back there against the big boy QBand be a mentor for swearinger. That was about it and so far I am not seeing much
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #52
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 12966 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Definitely not putting the blame solely on him, but one incredible stat that I can't get out of my mind is this: Reed has played in 3 games for the Texans, and all 3 were losses for the Texans.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #53
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

correlation =/= causation.

but yes, Reed looks like hot ****.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #54
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 132411 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Fwiw

Quote:
tania ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 6m
kubiak says the vernon davis touchdown was not ed reed's responsibility. Had a bust in coverage. #texans
Old 10-07-2013   #55
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Season stats:

Ed Reed, 3 games, 3 starts, 8 tackles, 0 pdef, 0 int., 0 fumble rec.
5 mil a yr. avg. salary, plus the cost of hip surgery but not sure who pays for that.

Glover Quin, 5 games, 5 starts, 21 tackles, 4 pdef, 2 int. for 57 yds., 1 fumble rec.
4.7 mil a yr. avg. salary, younger healthier experienced productive and cheaper.
Eh, you're kind of leaving out the fact he has only been thrown at one time. Kind of hard to get any passes defended if they don't throw at you enough. Can't really hold that against him. He's just basically...out there.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #56
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99579 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Fwiw

tania ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 6m
kubiak says the vernon davis touchdown was not ed reed's responsibility. Had a bust in coverage. #texans
This is the same guy who defended Schaub at halftime and threw the defense under the bus. His words aren't worth a damn. If Wade says it then I'll believe it.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #57
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

You wanted:

You got:
Old 10-07-2013   #58
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 10980 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans' defense is only giving up 17 points a game without the help from Schaub and the ST. If Ed Reed (who is playing like what you'd expect from a 35 year old player of his caliber) was our biggest problem, this would be a different season.

Fitzpatrick is legit.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #59
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49032 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed will be fine.

Getting his sea legs under him.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Reed will be fine.

Getting his sea legs under him.
Okay
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read