Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-07-2013   #81
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Season is over, unless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
this is nothing like the rockets. the rockets havent had an allstar player since yao and tmac left. the organization at least acknowledge that and worked on getting one.

the texans on the other hand, have all stars galore on both sides of the ball and still cant get it done.

If Morey was gm of the texans he sure as hell would be smart enough to know that schaub is not the answer and would be looking for ways to replace him.
If Morey was texans gm he'd have signed Peyton when we had a chance to and he would have traded Schaub.

Morey isn't afraid to rock the boat.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #82
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
We have been grooming a backup .... Just not a replacement.

QB is the hardest position in sports to fill. How many truly elite QB's are there on the planet ?! Four. Manning , Brady , Brees , Rogers So we have 32 teams who all want one of those few players.

28 teams dont have one elite QB much less a second standing there waiting to replace the guy in front of them. Those teams have to win by other means and this team was built to win with average QB play with its balanced offense and very good defense.

Sadly for our Texans , Schaub went from middle of the pack to absolutely horrible right before our eyes , from 11th in QBR alltime to damaged goods.

I can only think of two times where teams went from one great QB to another instantly Favre to Rogers & Montana to Young. You might throw Manning to Luck in the conversation but that wasn't a seamless transition , they had to go 2-14 to get Luck.

At this point , I'd like to see a change under center too .... But not because I believe one of those backups are better , but because of the potential (however slim) that one might be.
(bolded) Kinda' reminds me of the drop off we saw in Donovan McNabb. Toward the end, he was a competent enough QB, but almost overnight went south and looked like a shell of his former self. He could not make a play to save his life, and it's obvious with Schaub setting such a dubious pathetic record that his best years are way behind him.

Kubiak's faith in Schaub is blinding his objectivity.
Old 10-07-2013   #83
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If Morey was texans gm he'd have signed Peyton when we had a chance to and he would have traded Schaub.

Look ... There's just not enough evidence that warrants a change of Matt , Gary , Bullock , or anybody yet . It takes about 8 pick 6's as evidence that teams know what we're doing and Matt tips it off . Now go buy your battle red gear , $8 dollar beers , and by golly cheer the boys on .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #84
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Look ... There's just not enough evidence that warrants a change of Matt , Gary , Bullock , or anybody yet . It takes about 8 pick 6's as evidence that teams know what we're doing and Matt tips it off . Now go buy your battle red gear , $8 dollar beers , and by golly cheer the boys on .
First a Dallas fan, now McNair is trolling us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I didn't think we'd ever sign Peyton. Whether it was a money thing, or a Boselli thing.

But I think it's curious that they went gaga over Ed Reed, but wanted nothing to do with Peyton Manning.

"Ed Reed is going to help us in January."

Like Peyton Manning wouldn't.
Old 10-07-2013   #86
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah...this is nothing like the rockets.
It's not a perfect analogy, but the Texans are destined to be a middling team as things are configured today.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #87
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Right , this team had high expectations going into the season .... the Rockets were expected to suck.

This team is very good at the skill positions outside of QB and has a very good defense.

How the hell does the opposing QB go 6/15 113 yards (293yards total offense) and you give up 34 ? Oh , Turnovers .....
They certainly were not expected to suck. They were expected to be competitive and make Les Alexander money. At times they were a fringe playoff team resulting in consecutive middle round picks that did nothing to upgrade the teams needs.
Old 10-07-2013   #88
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
this is nothing like the rockets. the rockets havent had an allstar player since yao and tmac left. the organization at least acknowledge that and worked on getting one.

the texans on the other hand, have all stars galore on both sides of the ball and still cant get it done.

If Morey was gm of the texans he sure as hell would be smart enough to know that schaub is not the answer and would be looking for ways to replace him.
My point isn't about talent. My point is both teams were/are mediocre and were stuck/are stuck on the mediocrity treadmill without change. For the Rockets that change was trading for Harden which eventually resulted in Dwight Howard joining the team. For the Texans this change needs to be an on-the-field regime change where one or both of Kubiak and Schaub are replaced.
Old 10-07-2013   #89
busterspencer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 busterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Smith, Kubiak, his staff & Schaub must all go.
Why Smith...I actually think he has put togather a pretty good scouting/draft team. He has also picked up some substantual free agents and walk ons. I have been a Kubiak supporter from day 1 until last week. I did not know he would not let Matt change a play at the line after he looks over the defense..That is plain stupid. He is the one who calls all of those screen passes and plays that are always 1-2 yards short on 3rd down.. BS
Old 10-07-2013   #90
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishman View Post
It's not a perfect analogy, but the Texans are destined to be a middling team as things are configured today.
Well, I think the difference is that the rockets exceeded expectations. Those teams always fought hard.

The texans otoh, are well below expectations. There are tons of other differences.

I get what you are saying, I just don't agree with it. Their paths have been very different.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #91
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #92
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 296273 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf, what's the address of that tombstone maker? I've got a few ideas myself.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #93
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Wolf, what's the address of that tombstone maker? I've got a few ideas myself.
http://www.jjchandler.com/tombstone/

Here you go and I think they have other generators lol
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #94
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

All in know is I feel like the parrot in that Ron White joke where in the end the parrot and the ship's magician are adrift at sea among the flotsam and the parrot says ............

"braaaaach [my parrot noise..lol].........I give up, where's the damned ship."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read