Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013   #1981
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: At what point does Kubiak run out of leash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
DITTO... for 10 years and counting.
& I'll wait another 10 years if I have to.
Old 09-30-2013   #1982
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I wonder if Mcnair will allow Kubes to stay and get a new QB...????

that usually never works out tho for change u got to get a hole new coach and QB and that means Bye bye Andre OD and new center has well this Offesnive will have to be torn apart and re built
A new QB and HC would not mean that Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, or any of the real "stars" on our offense would have to go. That's just crazy talk right there. The WR's are fine and AJ and Nuk start in just about any system you care to implement. Foster is a franchise back and will produce in just about any system you care to implement. Duane Brown, arguably the sole "gem" on our OL is a franchise LT and he's going to play in whatever we do. Our OL is young but we've got some talent in there. OD, Graham, and Griffin are not tied to this system either. If it's just a new HC then Schaub will suck just as much in any other coaches system so no need to go looking for a QB to suck in the new offense. Matt got that covered.
Old 10-01-2013   #1983
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Marciano is a problem & needs to go.

I do not think Kubiak is the problem. He makes mistakes, but they all do.

Schaub I'm on the fence about, although there's no doubt he's been boneheaded lately, & I think it's time to start looking elsewhere: Keenum (next year....or MAYBE sooner...), draft, FA, whatever.

Kubiak might not want to let Schaub go or bench him (understatement of the week), & some may think that's reason to let HIM go, but he didn't want to let DC Richard Smith go either, & that worked out fine. McNair just has to put his foot down at some point.

I wonder if Kubiak needs to, ironically, say something to McNair about Marciano???

Old 10-01-2013   #1984
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Marciano is a problem & needs to go.

I wonder if Kubiak needs to, ironically, say something to McNair about Marciano???
Personally, I don't believe that firing a person is or should be the only recourse when someone isn't performing to standards. As a head coach my job is to make sure my coordinators are getting the most out of their position coaches who in turn should be getting the most out of their players.

I would think Marciano would be more like a coordinator as he most likely reports directly to the head coach. Like the Tandon doss return. When Kubiak was asked about the breakdown in coverage he replied there was no breakdown in coverage. We had 4 unblocked players there to make the play. They didn't, Tandon Doss did & you know the rest.

Still Marciano's fault, not saying any different, but the problem (in that instance) is different from the perceived problem. Last year, in addition to poor play, there was also a lot of penalties so even if we did cover a kick well, or get a decent return, the penalty negated it. This year I'm seeing a lot less penalties. Different penalties if nothing else.

Having said that, I also think the Texans are slow to remove a person that needs to be removed. This isn't a new problem. Last year wasn't the first year this was a problem.

Just like our defense, Kubiak had his guy & he did not deliver the product we needed. Instead of firing him, he brought in Frank Bush. Performance didn't improve he ended up firing Smith anyway. If he thought replacing Smith was the best thing for the team, he should have done it when he brought Bush in. All he did was prolonged the inevitable.

Joe's assistant is probably Joe's replacement. He probably should have been brought in last year, they're probably prolonging the inevitable.
Old 10-06-2013   #1985
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever the point is it will be longer than any other team in the NFL would give.
Old 10-06-2013   #1986
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Whatever the point is it will be longer than any other team in the NFL would give.
Marvin Lewis may have a thing or two to say about that.
Old 10-06-2013   #1987
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

To expand on this, I think there are two very definite time periods that we are talking about here, intertwined so as to look like one long time period.

How long should it take to turn around a losing club? 4 years? 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009.. only one losing season.

How long should it take to turn a winning club into a Super Bowl contender? 4 years? 3 years? 2010, 2011 <--contender-->, 2012 <--paper tiger-->, 2013 <--not looking good so far-->

I don't know if you can say we should win a super bowl within a certain time period. It's such a long shot to begin with. At the same time, if we don't get to the AFC Championship game this year, I won't argue that we were never a Super Bowl contender to begin with.
Old 10-06-2013   #1988
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the only way Kubiak gets yanked is if the team misses the playoffs. McNair said as much 2 seasons ago when we signed Joseph and Manning.

I wonder if that does happen if Rick Smith would be a casualty of that as well. Overall I think he has done a good job of getting players into our system.
Old 10-06-2013   #1989
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I think the only way Kubiak gets yanked is if the team misses the playoffs. McNair said as much 2 seasons ago when we signed Joseph and Manning.

I wonder if that does happen if Rick Smith would be a casualty of that as well. Overall I think he has done a good job of getting players into our system.
If 6-10 was not enough to get fired, what makes you think missing the playoffs is?
Old 10-06-2013   #1990
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
If 6-10 was not enough to get fired, what makes you think missing the playoffs is?
Only that McNair said he would fire Kubes if they didn't go "deep in the playoffs". Not sure that he will follow through on that promise, but he has said it on tape now, so we have something to hold him on.
Old 10-06-2013   #1991
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Guess When Kubiak Gets Fired

i predict the team goes 9-7, misses the playoffs and he gets canned at the end of the season.
Old 10-06-2013   #1992
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess When Kubiak Gets Fired

Well unfortunately you are way off if you think Kubiak is getting canned.
Old 10-06-2013   #1993
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I think if we got 8-8 this year he'll be gone. Simply because McNair came out and made "Super Bowl or Bust" type predictions before the year.
Old 10-06-2013   #1994
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

No way he goes in the middle of the season, I do think this is looking like his last year.

Texans can come back, it's only three games. Take it one game at a time and maybe they can hit a 6 game win streak or something but they need to finish the seasons strong for him to keep his job.

Otherwise they won't even make it to the playoffs, and I'd be surprised if even Bob keeps Kubiak after that.
Old 10-06-2013   #1995
cameronkrazie86
Rookie

Rep Power: 90 cameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respectedcameronkrazie86 is a quality contributor and well respected

Never.
Old 10-06-2013   #1996
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
i think there will be enough of an uproar this time. Seems like 70 percent of people already want some change
Old 10-06-2013   #1997
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78947 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

We go 7-9 this year. McNair stands behind Kubes yet again.

Those 2 division titles that we won by default have given him a ton of equity that he doesn't deserve.

- The Immortal Bo
Old 10-06-2013   #1998
thetexanator
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
No way he goes in the middle of the season, I do think this is looking like his last year.

Texans can come back, it's only three games. Take it one game at a time and maybe they can hit a 6 game win streak or something but they need to finish the seasons strong for him to keep his job.

Otherwise they won't even make it to the playoffs, and I'd be surprised if even Bob keeps Kubiak after that.
yep, only possibly at end of season. and even then its a big if.
Old 10-06-2013   #1999
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36122 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Even during the 2-14 season Bob Mcnair didn't fire Capers until the season was over. So if the Texans don't make the playoffs... Monday, December 30th would be a good bet.
Old 10-06-2013   #2000
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

January 23rd

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read