Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #1161
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
It doesn't matter if he can. Schaub doesn't deserve to be on the field. If Yates comes out & throws 3 INTs in the game.... so the fk what. But he needs to do that before Schaub starts for this team again.
At this point, Schaub has to prove to the rest of the team that he can get the call under center. He has lost this job, whether or not Yates or Keenum deserves to start. Schaub has not played well, and has lost games for his team.

If Yates comes out there and stinks it up, then I still think you go to Keenum before you go to Schaub until Schaub can prove he's the starter
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1162
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

no offense fellas but imo, Schaub is killing you guys! he is INT prone! pick 6's to be more specific. it may be time for you guys to move on and find another QB. your thoughts?
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1163
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
why dont people not want to give keenum a chance?

i mean give him a chance to fail at least before writing off the idea as ludicrous.

Why not give him a chance?
Because deep down, people hate being proven wrong more than anything.
Old 10-06-2013   #1164
BaTtLe ReD TXN
waterboy

They need to rip that Captain patch off his jersey Sons of Anarchy style!

BaTtLe ReD TXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1165
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Because deep down, people hate being proven wrong more than anything.
I've seen nothing from Keenum that suggests he's any better than Yates. They are probably equivalent at best. Start one over the other, but it's crazy to think Keenum's the savior we need.

If Keenum meant we go 13-0 from this point on, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. But if you think that is actually going to happen, you're either a student at UH or grasping for straws.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1166
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

i mean give him a chance to fail at least before writing off the idea as ludicrous.

Who said they don't want to give him a chance? I'm willing to bring Chris Brown in & give him a chance to be our starting QB
Old 10-06-2013   #1167
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't see what he's done to deserve a shot before Yates to be honest. I like him, but I think you roll with Yates for at least a few games.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1168
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I've seen nothing from Keenum that suggests he's any better than Yates.
I havent seen anything from Schaub that makes him better than Yates but that doesnt mean anything.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1169
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've seen nothing from Keenum that suggests he's any better than Yates. They are probably equivalent at best. Start one over the other, but it's crazy to think Keenum's the savior we need.

If Keenum meant we go 13-0 from this point on, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. But if you think that is actually going to happen, you're either a student at UH or grasping for straws.
As a corollary to my earlier statement, I'd point out that only people who make such concrete statements run any risk of being proven wrong.
Old 10-06-2013   #1170
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As a corollary to my earlier statement, I'd point out that only people who make such concrete statements run any risk of being proven wrong.
Christ, I really hope Kubes puts in Keenum so either we win or this insufferable Keenum love just stops. I'd be happy with either situation.
Old 10-06-2013   #1171
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 137757 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's footage of Matt schaub in the face of a pass rush

Old 10-06-2013   #1172
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
None of us have seen anything from Keenum yet.

What we have seen is Matt Schaub , we can see he's all but washed up.

We have seen Yates , what he showed us was that he was nothing more than a capable backup.

I'll take the unknown upside of Keenum while the games still matter over Yates.

If Keenum should succeed , fail or look like a backup ... at least we know what we have now with all three of them.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1173
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Christ, I really hope Kubes puts in Keenum so either we win or this insufferable Keenum love just stops. I'd be happy with either situation.
I would as well. What I hate is not knowing while Schaub gives games to the opposing team.
Old 10-06-2013   #1174
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Reports coming out that Schaub threw a fit, but it was intercepted.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1175
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
aaaaaaaaaaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1176
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You pretty much proved his statement to stand true.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1177
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Word is that Kubiak is blaming himself for not coaching Matt better because he was too busy mapping out some "3rd and 20" run-plays.
Old 10-06-2013   #1178
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115757 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
None of us have seen anything from Keenum yet.

What we have seen is Matt Schaub , we can see he's all but washed up.

We have seen Yates , what he showed us was that he was nothing more than a capable backup.

I'll take the unknown upside of Keenum while the games still matter over Yates.

If Keenum should succeed , fail or look like a backup ... at least we know what we have now with all three of them.
And I just don't understand what is so hard to understand about this philosophy at this point? We know what we have with Schaub and Yates. We don't know what we have in Keenum just yet. We do have potential though. Lets see what he can do in a real game. How can it be any worse than the alternatives?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1179
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm hoping the Texans' defense has been struggling because they've been practicing against Keenum running our offense & not the scout team offense. Hopefully Kubiak's been teaching Keenum our offense, getting him ready to start.
Old 10-06-2013   #1180
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
And I just don't understand what is so hard to understand about this philosophy at this point? We know what we have with Schaub and Yates. We don't know what we have in Keenum just yet. We do have potential though. Lets see what he can do in a real game. How can it be any worse than the alternatives?
This point seems a little strange to me, since it assumes Yates has done nothing since he played for us in 2011. We don't know if Yates has improved or not, either, since all we've seen out of both Keenum and Yates is preseason performances, which can be pretty misleading.

However, I'm fully aboard the start Keenum train just because I'm tired of all the Keenum nuttiness on this board. Either he wins for us and and I'm happy, or the Keenum love stops, and I'm happy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read