Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #21
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Season is over, unless ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Real talk tho the season isn't over ...
This is just like when people kept pumping sunshine that the Texans could beat the Pats in the playoffs last year. Anyone who paid attention knew the season was over before they ever played the Pats. The Bengals game didn't even matter.

The Texans will win games against the Rams, Jags, etc., but lose at least one to the Colts and probably the one remaining with the Tacks. They're going to lose to the Broncos and the Pats. They're probably going to lose against the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised of the Colts swept, to be honest.

And if you want to be real about it, spot the Cards or Raiders a couple extra possessions and/or a TD, and they'll probably win.
Old 10-06-2013   #22
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

It's pink soap time.

Gary's loyalty to Schaub is going to end up costing him his job.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #23
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

2010 started off 2-0 as well.
Old 10-06-2013   #24
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not sure if anything will be done midseason, but I think the only way Kubiak saves his job is by opening up the deep routes. Without it, our routes are going to be jumped.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 296677 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The reason I said fired first was to refer to Schaub. That guy has to get benched after this. If he doesn't, the guy making that decision needs to be fired.
He needs to get a "concussion" & struggle to pass the protocol over the next two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not hoping he gets hurt. "concussion" is in parenthesis because it's going to be a made up injury.
Old 10-06-2013   #26
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Kubiak needs to make Schaub stand on Kirby with a sign that says "I throw pick six's"!!!!
I just saw the highlights. couldn't believe that Schaub tossed another Pick 6. wow! it may be time for you guys to move on from this dude.

Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #27
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Which QB's are coming out next year? I wanna start looking ahead.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #28
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He needs to get a "concussion" & struggle to pass the protocol over the next two weeks.

To be clear, I'm not hoping he gets hurt. "concussion" is in parenthesis because it's going to be a made up injury.
Honestly, I wonder if Schaub has actually had a concussion. He's clearly looks off. He just doesn't seem to be seeing everything the way he did 2 seasons ago.

That said, I think Schaub needs to be benched for a few weeks until he can earn his job back.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #29
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

A Super-bowl quality QB is not on this team. (Definitely not Schaub or Yates. 1% chance Keenum is that guy...just haven't seen enough of him to put him at 0).

Rick Smith has done a fine job. His last four 1st rd picks - Watt, Mercilus, Hopkins, Kareem - have all been hits. Only reason Schaub is here is b/c of Kubiak, don't fool yourselves.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #30
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 3496 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I've been saying this is a Kubiak problem and not a Schaub problem. Also been calling for McNair to call Oliver Luck about Becoming GM and David Shaw about becoming HC.
Preach on brother!!!!
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #31
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I am calling it as well. This season is over. The team even played like the season is over. Oh well, at least we have those two years of above average play to wash out the now going on 9 years of sucking, to fall back on.

Yeah Go Texans.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #32
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

unless..... peyton breaks his right wrist. brady gets fed up with his receivers and quits. joe flacco's chicken wing addiction gives him diabeetus. andrew luck would rather work on rebuilding the astrodome than being a qb.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #33
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

And I think we will win vs Indy, and at least one of @KC, vs NE, or vs Denver.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

It could be worse...we could be Jacksonville.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #34
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
This is just like when people kept pumping sunshine that the Texans could beat the Pats in the playoffs last year. Anyone who paid attention knew the season was over before they ever played the Pats. The Bengals game didn't even matter.

The Texans will win games against the Rams, Jags, etc., but lose at least one to the Colts and probably the one remaining with the Tacks. They're going to lose to the Broncos and the Pats. They're probably going to lose against the Chiefs. Wouldn't be surprised of the Colts swept, to be honest.

And if you want to be real about it, spot the Cards or Raiders a couple extra possessions and/or a TD, and they'll probably win.

hey man in the NFL I cant predict W L and be right everytime

WHat if Luck gets Injured and the titans fall apart there is a lot of wut ifs to say the season is over
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #35
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30026 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx

I wouldn't worry about the season,just think of the choke hold luck will have on the division for the next 10 yrs.
Old 10-07-2013   #36
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
Guys, we just need to get to the playoffs. If last year's Ravens did it we can do it...we whooped the Ravens in similar fashion last year on national TV.

I hate Schaub as much (probably more) than the next guy. I'm tired of Kubiak's lack of charisma. I'm fed up with Joe Marciano.

But this is our team, and we are still 2-3. We've got games against the Rams, Cardinals, Raiders, Jaguars x2, and Titans remaining.

I can easily see us getting 9 or 10 wins and getting to the dance, then who knows what happens.

I hate to break it to you guys, but us going 8-8 or 7-9 isn't getting Kubes fired, and isn't getting us a top pick / franchise QB. So lets just support our Texans.

And who is supposed to lead this team once they get to the playoffs if that were to happen? Schaub? You still feel like he is capable of making that kind of run as the leader of this team in today's NFL?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #37
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post

Easily see this happening, huh? You admittedly have little confidence in Kubiak, Schaub or our S/T.

With the 11 games remaining in the season, I give you this challenge. First, go back 11 games, starting with tonight's game and pay close attention to who Houston beat, including the gifted Thanksgiving day W. Tally all that up. Then go forward on the next 11 games applying just a teeny bit of logic in that Schaub, Kube's or Marciano will likely have little impact on causing any change the trend that we'll struggle with pretenders and get embarrassed by contenders. Tell me where you see this team easily taking another 5 or 6 wins.

I'll concede both Jags games. Outside of that, week 8 will the be only easy week Houston has. If you think STL, KC, ARZ or OAK are easy... your stuck in last year and haven't been paying attention to this season.

I hate to break it to you. 8-8 or 7-9. We may be real lucky to see that. I'm not suggesting we don't support the team, but I'm sympathetic to all the koolaid drinkers out there thinking this is a playoff team. It's kind of like thinking the Coyote is going to catch the Road Runner. When that anvil lands on your head... It's gonna hurt.
Old 10-07-2013   #38
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18754 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't what we need to do to salvage the season, but I sure can't decide if still having 5 games against the division worries me or gives me hope. The Jags could go down as one of, if not THE worst single season team ever and right now they scare me. With Kubiak as coach we'll let them stay in the game because he is coaching the players not to lose. We had to go to OT to beat them at home last year. Had to comeback just to get to OT. We've regressed as an offense since then. I don't want to be the team that loses to them.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #39
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I don't what we need to do to salvage the season, but I sure can't decide if still having 5 games against the division worries me or gives me hope. The Jags could go down as one of, if not THE worst single season team ever and right now they scare me. With Kubiak as coach we'll let them stay in the game because he is coaching the players not to lose. We had to go to OT to beat them at home last year. Had to comeback just to get to OT. We've regressed as an offense since then. I don't want to be the team that loses to them.
Texans tried to lose to the Jags last season, when they let Henne put up over 400 yards and 37 points. That was one of the wins during the bad stretch to end the season. Just food for thought.
Old 10-07-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Smith, Kubiak, his staff & Schaub must all go.
I agree with that. We need a culture change.

Though I will say that I think smith would be the most likely to be able to fit with a new regime. I think he would be the most likely in the organization to have the balls to cut ties with Schaub.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read