Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2013   #21
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Remember when they had Manning and we had Carr and Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Seattle still doesn't have a QB IMO. 15/31 for 210 yards is not a great game. Yes, he can run and extend plays, but he can't throw, which is what you need in a QB. Neither SF or SEA will make the SB this year. Neither team has a QB that can beat you with his arm. Seattle wins games with defense alone and they should be 3-2 right now.
You may be right. I also think Seattle is struggling now more because their O-line is all banged to hell. They need Lynch going, and much like us their O is predicated on that (which is why we are struggling as well)... and Wilson and Kaep do add more of that elusive element that can keep a play alive that would otherwise be dead we saw last week and will see tonight.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #22
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

But keep making the excuses. Remember, this is the same fan base and team that largely scoffed at bringing in Peyton manning.

?
There is no way, absolutely no way we would have been able to afford Manning.

We could have made an offer, but I seriously doubt Manning would have turned down the offer Denver made him.

I didn't even want to entertain the idea of bringing in Manning, because I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #23
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

The sad thing is the Schaub could very well slam shut our very small window with his poor play. Watt will need to be resigned if he doesn't bolt due to his dislike of losing...our big free agent signings in the secondary from a few years ago will need to be replaced soon (Joseph is already on the decline) .... The mileage will be piling up on Foster and Andre may not have many years left. We'll probably downgrade from the Ninja to Crick next year as well.

Our track record drafting corners is poor...it took us 5+ years to get a legit #2 receiver that we'll only be able to enjoy for a year or two before he could be asked to move to #1 (starting the search for a #2 all over again).

Nothing in the NFL should take this long. Two teams in our division are already recovering from a few down years....why is it taking us 8 to get to inconsistent play and a handful of wins in the wild card round? Kubiak needs to go. He got us to this point but I think a coaching change is required to get us over the hump.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #24
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

Double post.

Last edited by AMartin56; 10-06-2013 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Double post.
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #25
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 11584 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMartin56 View Post
The sad thing is the Schaub could very well slam shut our very small window with his poor play. Watt will need to be resigned if he doesn't bolt due to his dislike of losing...our big free agent signings in the secondary from a few years ago will need to be replaced soon (Joseph is already on the decline) .... The mileage will be piling up on Foster and Andre may not have many years left. We'll probably downgrade from the Ninja to Crick next year as well.

Our track record drafting corners is poor...it took us 5+ years to get a legit #2 receiver that we'll only be able to enjoy for a year or two before he could be asked to move to #1 (starting the search for a #2 all over again).

Nothing in the NFL should take this long. Two teams in our division are already recovering from a few down years....why is it taking us 8 to get to inconsistent play and a handful of wins in the wild card round? Kubiak needs to go. He got us to this point but I think a coaching change is required to get us over the hump.

This last paragraph is spot on. Should any coach get this long with as little to show for it as Kubiak does? I've been as critical of Schaub as anyone, but it all comes back to the head coach, fair or not. Two playoff wins in seven years is not very impressive.
tedr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #26
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
There is no way, absolutely no way we would have been able to afford Manning.

We could have made an offer, but I seriously doubt Manning would have turned down the offer Denver made him.

I didn't even want to entertain the idea of bringing in Manning, because I knew it wasn't going to happen.
I agree. Manning would never come to a GK system. Why would he sacrifice maybe his biggest strength and depend on GKs mettle. Really?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #27
Tesuns
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton will be wearing a Broncos jersey when he breaks Favre's record this year. I rather have Peyton over Luck, if I was the Colts.
Tesuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #28
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody watch the Colts highlights against Seattle? Luck is better than MS in every aspect. Not even close.
Again I won't be burning a Schaub jersey. MS is MS. It is not his fault that he is the QB of the Texans.

The problem is coaching/Gm/owner. Time to plan for next year. What do we have in the backups. Who knows we may be surprised.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read