Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013   #1
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread**

Bring your hearts to San Francisco

Quote:
A decisive and much-needed victory helped the San Francisco 49ers end their recent two-game slide and regain some confidence.

Now, they hope to prevent the Houston Texans from doing the same when the teams meet Sunday night at Candlestick Park.

After being outscored 56-10 in consecutive losses to Seattle and Indianapolis, San Francisco (2-2) looked dominant on both sides of the ball during a 35-11 win at St. Louis on Sept. 26.

After rushing for 142 yards in the first three games, Frank Gore ran for 153 and a touchdown against the Rams. Teammate Anquan Boldin caught five passes for 90 yards and a TD following the same two-game stretch in which he had six receptions for 74.

Colin Kaepernick completed 47.3 percent of his passes while throwing four interceptions, no touchdowns and taking six sacks versus Seattle and Indianapolis. Against the Rams, he went 15 of 23 for 167 yards but threw two TDs without a pick.

"We know the talent we have on this team," Kaepernick said. "We know what we're capable of."

A defensive unit that gave up 356 rushing yards to the Seahawks and Colts held the Rams to 18 even without stars Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith in the lineup.

As Smith remains out indefinitely while attending a rehab facility following his second drunken-driving arrest, it's uncertain if Willis will return from a groin injury. Offensive lineman Joe Staley is expected to play after he injured his leg at St. Louis.

Like the 49ers, Houston (2-2) is a Super Bowl hopeful mired in a mediocre start and looking to avoid a third consecutive defeat.

"We're not where we want to be, but there's a long, long way to go," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "We're a very capable football team, but we've got to be a more consistent football team."

After beating San Diego and Tennessee by a combined nine points, the Texans were blown out 30-9 at Baltimore, then blew a 17-point halftime lead in last Sunday's 23-20 overtime loss to Seattle.

That defeat prompted the team to hold a players-only meeting Monday.

"This isn't fun, man. I was sick of it after one loss," said defensive end J.J. Watt, who has recorded all 3 1/2 of his sacks in the last three games.

"We'll get it fixed. Everything that's wrong will be fixed. I can promise that."

Quarterback Matt Schaub needs to show some improvement after throwing six interceptions already - one of which has been returned for a TD in three straight games.

Despite those struggles, Kubiak has no plans to make a change.

"He's our quarterback," he said. "I don't see a lack of confidence. I see poor decision-making situations. It's something he has to handle and something we have to help him handle."

Schaub should remain comfortable relying on running back Arian Foster, who recorded 171 total yards last Sunday after totaling 227 in the first three games.

Houston allowed an average of 91.3 rushing yards through the first three weeks of the season, but yielded 179 to the Seahawks.

Quote:
What I want to see:

Stuff the run, make the indecisive Kaepernick...indecisive.

I cannot stress this enough. CK7 can run, but when he is flushed out the pocket, he has a tendency to make mistakes. To get him outside of his comfort zone, we have got to stop their run game. Outside of a 43 yd run, Lynch last week: 16 car, 55 yds. It CAN be done.

Do not hide Schaub

Last thing we need to see is Kube hiding 8 like he's a rookie. I know he's made some mistakes (hell, I've said I'm done with him), but hiding him is a mistake. Allow him to make amends. Let him throw it like nothing has happened. We got no choice here.

Test out the middle of SF's D

Whether it's running the football or passing to the TEs, the middle of the Niner D must be tested. If Patrick Willis is a go, Texans must test him. Running the football...I don't even have to go into that. We'll do that regardless.

FINISH

Last week, that's something our boys did NOT do. So, it's time to make up for it. This game is huge for us, so finishing and playing 60 minutes; any cliche you can come up with, definitely applies here.

Well, folks...our old friend has come; the friend known as "Nationally Televised Game". So, let's do like Hannibal Lecter and have that old friend for dinner. Huge game tonight, folks, so let's do this! Same goals as always; 1-0 every week! So, let's go to 'Frisco, get this W, and get back on the winning track! Haven't done this all year, but we need some extra mojo, so...

LET'S MUTHA****IN' GO, TEXANS!!!!
Old 10-06-2013   #2
qqert
Veteran

Rep Power: 10591 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread*

lets go matt schaub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #3
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans @ San Francisco 49ers. 7:30. 10/6. NBC. **Official GameDay Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
lets go matt schaub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Has he decided who he's throwing the 6 point gift to this week?
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #4
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready for this thing to kick off.

Going to seem like forever waiting for tonight.
Old 10-06-2013   #5
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on Texans, huge game!!!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

If it's anything like the two blowouts that I watched last night, nothing good will come of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #7
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Mattilda is wearing her big girl panties.
Old 10-06-2013   #8
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

It is going to be a long day so pace yourself!Must go slow on the NEWCASTLE WEREWOLF ALE!
Old 10-06-2013   #9
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1017 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

Go Texans!!!!!!
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

My fear is that we are going to see Schaub (as he put it) "cut loose." And with his limitations a given and unchanged, he will be Hell-bent to prove that his foot, arm and brain are not a problem, in turn leading to a concentration of more WTF moments. This would be especially a worrisome scenario if our rushing game falters.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
My fear is that we are going to see Schaub (as he put it) "cut loose." And with his limitations a given and unchanged, he will be Hell-bent to prove that his foot, arm and brain are not a problem, in turn leading to a concentration of more WTF moments. This would be especially a worrisome scenario if our rushing game falters.
Way to brighten and already gloomy forecast. Maybe I should just start drinking now...it's a been a few years (or more) since I drank for 12 hours straight.
Old 10-06-2013   #12
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 5468 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gooooooooo Texans!

Old 10-06-2013   #13
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see your point, but I fear the opposite. I can see Schaub so concerned to not make a mistake in this game, that he holds on to the ball too long and allows the offense to stagnate.

This is a WCO, which is designed to get the ball out on time. Use the backs and TEs. 160 yards receiving by backs and TEs in the 1st half. 52 yards in the 2nd half and overtime. And everything doesn't have to be play action. Give Schaub a chance to keep his eyes on the defense. If Schaub must be the QB, at least give him the best chance for success.
Old 10-06-2013   #14
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt's play has really depressed me lately but I absolutely love it when everyone is picking against the Texans, I see a dubya tonight...or a complete meltdown.
Old 10-06-2013   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I see your point, but I fear the opposite. I can see Schaub so concerned to not make a mistake in this game, that he holds on to the ball too long and allows the offense to stagnate.

This is a WCO, which is designed to get the ball out on time. Use the backs and TEs. 160 yards receiving by backs and TEs in the 1st half. 52 yards in the 2nd half and overtime. And everything doesn't have to be play action. Give Schaub a chance to keep his eyes on the defense. If Schaub must be the QB, at least give him the best chance for success.
That would be a strange definition for what he calls "let loose." But nothing would surprise me, as Schaub may have the exact same handle on the English language as he does of the QB position.

I'd be somewhat worried of Schaub without a healthy dose of play action (which he has also lost handle on), in that that would leave him very exposed as a statue waiting for a pigeon to crap on him.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I cant convince myself they can pull it off tonight.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #17
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn it's gonna be a long day.

I think we get back on track. Foster and Tate with over 200 rushing yrds combined.

27-24 Texans
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #18
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
I cant convince myself they can pull it off tonight.
I'm having a hard time myself, other than the whole any given Sunday.

A win tonight would be so so sweet.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

It ain't over now, 'cause when the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin'. Who's with me? Let's go! Come on!

What the f--k happened to the Texans fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest game of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. 'Ooh, we're afraid to go with you, we might get beaten.' Well, just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Kap, he's a dead man! Gore dead! Davis dead!

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #20
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34647 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My fear is that we are going to see Schaub (as he put it) "cut loose."
You mean he may try and throw a BOMB over 20 yards? OMG! The humanity ...

Go Texans ... if we win it will be the defensive or running attack game of the year.
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read