Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2013   #11
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16278 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Despite all the big O stat numbers, while watching Schaub and the Texans, have you ever gotten the feeling that we're indeed always going somewhere, but still so often never quite seem to get there? Well, Pro-Football-Reference.com gives us a hint to why we may be getting that feeling. The Texans' percentage of drives leading to a score is a very unimpressive 28.8% (18th in NFL).

Compare that to:

1 Denver Broncos 52.0%
2 San Diego Chargers 46.5%
3 Indianapolis Colts 43.9%
4 Green Bay Packers 41.7%
5 New Orleans Saints 41.7%
6 Atlanta Falcons 40.5%
7 Seattle Seahawks 38.8%

Great stat, Doc. Very telling. Our current 3rd down conversion rate is 21/59. I heard a stat on the radio about how little the Broncos even reach a third down. I wish I could find it.

P.S., How do I send someone a rep?

Edit: I found the Broncos stat from the Philly game.

Quote:
THIRD DOWNS: Teams always talk about getting off the field on third down, but the Eagles couldn’t even put the Broncos in third-down situations to begin with.

Manning drove Denver on a trio of touchdown drives in the third quarter covering 80, 80 and 65 yards, and not once did the Broncos face a third down in any of them.

Denver collected 35 first downs overall and only five of them were on third-down conversions.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read