Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2013   #1081
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Despite all the big O stat numbers, while watching Schaub and the Texans, have you ever gotten the feeling that we're indeed always going somewhere, but still so often never quite seem to get there? Well, Pro-Football-Reference.com gives us a hint to why we may be getting that feeling. The Texans' percentage of drives leading to a score is a very unimpressive 28.8% (18th in NFL).

Compare that to:

1 Denver Broncos 52.0%
2 San Diego Chargers 46.5%
3 Indianapolis Colts 43.9%
4 Green Bay Packers 41.7%
5 New Orleans Saints 41.7%
6 Atlanta Falcons 40.5%
7 Seattle Seahawks 38.8%

Great stat, Doc. Very telling. Our current 3rd down conversion rate is 21/59. I heard a stat on the radio about how little the Broncos even reach a third down. I wish I could find it.

P.S., How do I send someone a rep?

Edit: I found the Broncos stat from the Philly game.

Quote:
THIRD DOWNS: Teams always talk about getting off the field on third down, but the Eagles couldn’t even put the Broncos in third-down situations to begin with.

Manning drove Denver on a trio of touchdown drives in the third quarter covering 80, 80 and 65 yards, and not once did the Broncos face a third down in any of them.

Denver collected 35 first downs overall and only five of them were on third-down conversions.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #1082
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching Extra Points and they keep showing THE PLAY.
Look at it again and tell me this guy is going to lead us to the SB.
He shows no idea that he understands the QB position. This is not the first time he has done this. He assumes his receiver is going to be over and tries to make a quick throw to deceive defense. Look to make sure open first. It is not like we are throwing to a speedster that can break it for a TD. We are throwing to 81 that will be lucky to run 10 yards if he is wide open. I don't think that type of play is worth it unless you can make a big play every once in a while.

I think Kubiak needs to handle Matt like a rookie and tell him the obvious like before the play, " Matt if it isn't open eat the ball so the clock continues to run."
After the game Matt said he should have thrown it at his feet.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #1083
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Watching Extra Points and they keep showing THE PLAY.
He shows no idea that he understands the QB position. This is not the first time he has done this. He assumes his receiver is going to be over and tries to make a quick throw to deceive defense. Look to make sure open first. It is not like we are throwing to a speedster that can break it for a TD. We are throwing to 81 that will be lucky to run 10 yards if he is wide open. I don't think that type of play is worth it unless you can make a big play every once in a while.

I think Kubiak needs to handle Matt like a rookie and tell him the obvious like before the play, " Matt if it isn't open eat the ball so the clock continues to run."
After the game Matt said he should have thrown it at his feet.
After watching the play over and over myself, there's one thing that's been glossed over: Watch OD. He throws up both hands in the classic "I'm open" pose. He basically tells Schaub he's open then proceeds to let the DB run up his back and take the ball. Look at the angle. I wonder if Schaub could even see the DB behind OD with the oncoming blitzer in his face.

I also wonder if that shouldn't have been PI since the DB ran thru OD while the ball was in the air to make the pick.

Still, if there was any doubt, he shouldn't have thrown it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #1084
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
After watching the play over and over myself, there's one thing that's been glossed over: Watch OD. He throws up both hands in the classic "I'm open" pose. He basically tells Schaub he's open then proceeds to let the DB run up his back and take the ball. Look at the angle. I wonder if Schaub could even see the DB behind OD with the oncoming blitzer in his face.

I also wonder if that shouldn't have been PI since the DB ran thru OD while the ball was in the air to make the pick.

Just got finished throwing up again after watching play. Is there any QB even close to MS is lack of physical ability and pocket presence. He is in full retreat and awkwardly tries to throw the ball. Not only was it a weak throw it was not accurate. Throw was wrong on EVERY level. Can someone post full play so every one can see.
Old 10-05-2013   #1085
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Here is a scary hypothetical for everyone:

What would you do if Schaub throws a game killing Pick 6 this week?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I would Kiffen him and leave him in San Fran for his own safety.
I'm going to go out tomorrow & buy a puppy. That way if Schaub throws a pick 6 (& I really don't think he has any influence over whether it's returned for 6 or not, that's just bad luck) I'm going to kick the sht out of that puppy.
Old 10-05-2013   #1086
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm going to go out tomorrow & buy a puppy. That way if Schaub throws a pick 6 (& I really don't think he has any influence over whether it's returned for 6 or not, that's just bad luck) I'm going to kick the sht out of that puppy.
How bout if you just leave the puppy with the kids.........and go meet and kick the $H*T out of Schaub when he gets off the plane?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #1087
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You make a lot of assumptions here .... Assuming that Kubiak is holding back Schaub (or another QB) when it really could be the other way around , and when you consider Schaub's inadequacies - arm strength , lack of mobility and recent poor decision making .... can you blame the coach for a conservative plan when all signs point to the QB not being capable of more ?!
It really don't matter to me. I don't care how conservative we are, as long as we win games. We won 12 of them bad boys last year & one January of this year (I was there, I saw it).

We don't challenge deep safeties over man coverage. So what, they're giving us the first down underneath. We don't throw into the endzone, so what we've got two badas5 RBs & one of them is especially tough around the goal line.

Yeah, we'll run into problems from time to time. We might lose a game or two.... it happens. But get our backs against the wall & we'll test them deep, we'll throw into the endzone... but we might make a mistake.
Old 10-05-2013   #1088
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I sure would like for Andre to lead us to the Super Bowl. Or Arian. I don't have a problem with Matt doing it... but I'm not expecting him to. I just want him to play his part.
Old 10-05-2013   #1089
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

I mentioned it days ago. Nobody wants to talk about it. If there wasn't so much attention on Schaub... if he hadn't thrown 2 pick 6es already, they would be saying the receiver has to help his QB, can't sit & wait for the ball.

As far as PI, Sherman can play through Owen if he's going for the ball. If it was just a hit to try to stop OD from catching it, that would be pass interference.
Old 10-05-2013   #1090
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
How bout if you just leave the puppy with the kids.........and go meet and kick the $H*T out of Schaub when he gets off the plane?
Uh... I only talk sht on the internet. I'm not "really" a bad ass.
Old 10-05-2013   #1091
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Uh... I only talk sht on the internet. I'm not "really" a bad ass.
I'd still like to see you kick the sht out of Schaub if he throws another INT.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #1092
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I sure would like for Andre to lead us to the Super Bowl. Or Arian. I don't have a problem with Matt doing it... but I'm not expecting him to. I just want him to play his part.
I should have said be the QB of a team that makes it to the SB. 2011 Matt could but 2013 Matt is a shadow of 2011 Matt.

I will predict MS for some reason or another will not finish season as starting QB. Have they done a concussion study on him?
Old 10-06-2013   #1093
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I should have said be the QB of a team that makes it to the SB. 2011 Matt could but 2013 Matt is a shadow of 2011 Matt.

I will predict MS for some reason or another will not finish season as starting QB. Have they done a concussion study on him?
They need to do a gonad and heart study on him. He doesn't appear to have either.

Schaub just doesn't have the right stuff.
Old 10-06-2013   #1094
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh hi...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1095
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We need to sit Schaub

The moderators or whoever took this off & added it to the all-encompassing choke-artist schaub thread last week. How long will it take this week?
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1096
edwardc5637
Rookie

Rep Power: 2228 edwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respectededwardc5637 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We need to sit Schaub

He jumped the route on that one
edwardc5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1097
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

And The sky is blue and the sun is hot. Any other news?
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1098
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

We need somebody to spark our offense. I don't care who it is. Our defense isn't going to play well feeling like they have to pitch a shut out every game. Already down 14-0 in this one. I want to see somebody show some signs of life offensively.
Old 10-06-2013   #1099
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 12966 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree on thread. Keep this one bumped.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013   #1100
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

2nd interception. This is almost a joke. bench him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read