Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2013   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone Get Vandermeers Tweet About "Trade"

Josh Gordon and a 3rd Rd Pick for Schaub.

I think I would have liked it. Depending on the cap hit.

spoiler----his account was hacked, no trade.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hacked Vandermeer Twitter: Schaub Traded

Quote:
@TexansVoice 1h
Texans have traded QB Matt Schaub to Cleveland Browns for WR Josh Gordon and a 3rd round pick in 2014 NFL Draft.
Subsequently, that twitter page was shut down.

Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1h

Settle down, Texans fans. Matt Schaub hasn't been traded to Cleveland. Hacked account.
Wonder how many other accounts will be hacked.

Finding out the truth, I don't know whether the Texans fans are more disappointed or the Browns fans more relieved.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #3
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 239367 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hacked Vandermeer Twitter: Schaub Traded

More.

Quote:

John P. Lopez ‏@LopezOnSports 54m
I just spoke w/ @texansvoice. He's doing well and resting comfortably. F'n hacker. That's my friend!
Quote:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 43m
@PSchrags That local DJ is Marc Vandermeer, the voice of the Texans. And he was hacked while he was on the air doing regular Friday gig.
Quote:
John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 59m
That's amazing what someone can create. Hack an account, text something crazy and it goes viral. Vandy was on the air when it happened.
Quote:

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL 1h
Explanation from @texansvoice: I've been hacked. No trade. Sorry for the craziness. No way Marc Vandermeer, voice of Texans, would do that.
Old 10-04-2013   #4
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
the Browns fans more relieved.
Considering their starting QBs since they've re entered the NFL, they should have been excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I know he was on the air...... but I can't help think Vandemeer was drunk off his arse & said, "Watch this!!"

Or maybe Kubiak put him up to it, to get a rise out of Matt.
Old 10-05-2013   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

So ... for the brief period of time when a few people might have actually thought Schaub was traded, what was the general sentiment? Were people throwing themselves off overpasses, they were so upset?
Old 10-05-2013   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 143924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So ... for the brief period of time when a few people might have actually thought Schaub was traded, what was the general sentiment? Were people throwing themselves off overpasses, they were so upset?
I think the Keenum crowd was at full erection the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-05-2013   #8
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From looking at twitter responses most were dumbfounded and upset. Just shows even the boisterous bandwagoners this week know that if Schaub goes and chance for a successful season goes along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
And this.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 381485 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Well appropriately it was short, premature and no muzzle velocity.
Old 10-05-2013   #10
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well appropriately it was both short and premature.
http://instantrimshot.com/
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #11
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77804 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was ****ing livid. And it happened during the 9th inning of the Braves game so I was basically running around with my head cut off.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yet another reason why I don't do Twitter.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yet another reason why I don't do Twitter.
Jup... I also #/"/()!"# hate hash-tagging...
Old 10-05-2013   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I was on Twitter when it happened...

Some folks were legit pissed. Some were happier than me in a crowd full of white women.
Old 10-05-2013   #15
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I was on Twitter when it happened...

Some folks were legit pissed. Some were happier than me in a crowd full of white women.
It's all a matter of perspective. How happy is that ?
Old 10-05-2013   #16
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 213038 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was .... confused.
On one hand I think Schaub is still the best option , on the other ... I have to wonder if he's right and if not , well he needs to not be this teams QB.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #17
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
It's all a matter of perspective. How happy is that ?

Happier than JJ Watt after a sack.
Old 10-05-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 288753 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
On one hand I think Schaub is still the best option...
He needs to start acting like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
this would have been a great move for the franchise.

We could have finally moved in the right direction.

Instead, its another wasted year and another loaded roster wasted on Matt Schaub.

On the one hand I do question my standards when I read posts like this. I want a championship, pretty badly. But I wouldn't think it was a wasted season if we go into the play offs playing well. Even if we're one & done & beat by a better team. It happens.

I'd feel it was a wasted season if they got to the Super Bowl & lost because of bone headed mistakes (Jjo's PI, grabing the receiver's jersey from the LoS & never letting go).

Then on the other hand... I realize this is just Schaub-hater talk. They'll disguise it as holding these players to a high standard, then turn around & tell you how great the one & done Colts are, or the Seahawks who didn't get any further than we did, or the 49ers who lost the Super Bowl. None of those teams "wasted" their seasons... they just lost.

Then on the other hand I do like the idea of Josh Gordon with Andre & DeAndre & Posey & an extra 3rd Round pick.
Old 10-05-2013   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He needs to start acting like it

On the one hand I do question my standards when I read posts like this. I want a championship, pretty badly. But I wouldn't think it was a wasted season if we go into the play offs playing well. Even if we're one & done & beat by a better team. It happens.

I'd feel it was a wasted season if they got to the Super Bowl & lost because of bone headed mistakes (Jjo's PI, grabing the receiver's jersey from the LoS & never letting go).

Then on the other hand... I realize this is just Schaub-hater talk. They'll disguise it as holding these players to a high standard, then turn around & tell you how great the one & done Colts are, or the Seahawks who didn't get any further than we did, or the 49ers who lost the Super Bowl. None of those teams "wasted" their seasons... they just lost.

Then on the other hand I do like the idea of Josh Gordon with Andre & DeAndre & Posey & an extra 3rd Round pick.
Old 10-05-2013   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 178253 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, I think I would accept that trade especially if Browns were also going to trade for Tate. Now if we could just trade Yates...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read