Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Do you really think he doesn't? Do you really think it is only h\up to him what happens? That if he has enough will power it will happen just the way he envisions it no matter what happens with the blocking up front, or people dropping passes? Do you honestly believe he thinks "man a FG here would be kewl"?? You can't be serious. Schaub, like any QB needs help for that to happen. He cannot do it on his own.
Why are you still asking this question? I've been saying exactly that for the last three days. Sure... it's a team game, someone's got to catch the ball, well, we've got one of the best in the game & we got Matt a shiny new toy. Sure, the OL has to do their job. But when they pay the guys on the other side of the ball from stopping you from doing what you want to do, you just have to be better than they are.

The examples I gave you in the other thread (or maybe this thread, I don't know) Matt did 90% of what he needed to do. He just needs to finish.

Remember when Antonio was always getting close, but never finishing? Well our defense got better when he started finishing, when he was setting career high sack counts year after year (2011 was a career year, 2012 was a career year)... well we need Matt to be better than he's ever been before. We need him to have a career year, to go where we want to go & do what we want to do.

We need him to finish those plays.

There was one, where he got out of the pocket, & threw what would have been a 3rd down conversion to Martin. That's not on him. maybe the ball could have been better thrown, but Martin had an opportunity to make a play..... that's all I'm asking Matt to do.

After the Lynch fumble, & Matt scrambled to his left & threw it out of bounds... no one had a chance to make a play but him & he didn't. He could have put the jump ball up for DeAndre, or if he'd have looked around he'd have seen Andre in the back of the end zone.

I'm not asking him to move mountains, I'm just asking for another 10%

Hopefully, that's what he's talking about when he says he's going to cut it lose. That he's going to give Andre an opportunity to beat that deep coverage. Or give DeAndre an opportunity to stab that dagger in Seattles heart.

That was a great catch Baldwin made to keep that drive alive...... yes, the only catch he made in the game. Had Matt been his QB he never would have thrown that ball, Baldwin never would have had the opportunity to make that catch.

Now... don't come back at me with that wounded duck he threw that Sherman took. Yes he gave Owen an opportunity to make a play, I like that. But he did so out of frustration. We don't make good decisions when we're frustrated.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read