Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2013   #1
Krieg17
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Krieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Just wanted to drop in to give Texans fans Kudos..

You guys were LOUD!!!! As a Seahawks fan, I was extremely impressed with your crowd. You guys get it. You know when to scream your guts out, and when to stay quiet, and this seems to be something other teams crowds don't seem to get. It's such a huge advantage, and you guys are intelligent enough to know how to coordinate the fanbase to your advantage. We had several false starts, and that's the whole point of the 12th man. We should have lost, but we found a way to get it done (thanks, Schaub), but you guys definitely had an impact. Keep it up! Hope to see you guys in the Superbowl! Now do us a favor and KICK SOME 49er ASS!!!!

P.S. J.J. Watt is a freakin' ANIMAL! Does he stay in a cage or something after games?
Krieg17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just wanted to drop in to give Texans fans Kudos..

Helluva game, man!!! Welcome to the boards.

One QB brainfart less, and us Texans fans would be a lot happier. Y'all have a great team and played a great game. Hopefully, we even the score in the SB!!!!!
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks, and back at you. Good luck going forward.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #4
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

eww fan compliments are the worst after a loss, makes me feel like the fat kid who got chosen last for dodge ball, and then congratulated for almost not getting hit.

But yes good game to you as well.
Old 10-04-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Helluva game, man!!! Welcome to the boards.

One QB brainfart less, and us Texans fans would be a lot happier. Y'all have a great team and played a great game. Hopefully, we even the score in the SB!!!!!
I'd be upset about the brain fart, but less upset if he'd have done something afterwards to win the game.... or even give us a chance to win the game. We couldn't get in field goal position with 2:46 left in the game & two possessions in OT, the last one could have won the game with a field goal.

I'd also have been less upset had our defense not brainfarted their way to yet another 90+ yard TD scoring drive.

Had the ST not given up a 31 yard return in OT to set up a field goal scoring drive, we would have had yet another opportunity for the Matt Schaub led offense to show it's ineptitude against a jet lagged, but suddenly awoken "elite" defense.

But yeah, Texans fans did a great job, the Seahawks played a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
eww fan compliments are the worst after a loss...
Agreed. It's been a while since we've got a "keep your head up" post from the opposing fans.

Old 10-04-2013   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Seahawks have always been my favorite NFC team because I was born in the area and got tons of relatives there. I'm less pissed at the Seahawks than I am at the Texans. We had the game in our hands and threw it away. Literally.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Seahawks have always been my favorite NFC team because I was born in the area and got tons of relatives there. I'm less pissed at the Seahawks than I am at the Texans. We had the game in our hands and threw it away. Literally.
Agreed. & some Seahawks fans might think we're not giving them any credit for the win, which isn't the case. They seized the opportunities as they presented themselves, we didn't. They played better than we did, when it mattered. Kudos to them.

Even though we lost, I think it was one of the better games of the weekend.

Still. We've got some housekeeping to do & that takes nothing away from the Seahawks victory.
Old 10-04-2013   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg17 View Post
You guys were LOUD!!!! As a Seahawks fan, I was extremely impressed with your crowd. You guys get it. You know when to scream your guts out, and when to stay quiet, and this seems to be something other teams crowds don't seem to get. It's such a huge advantage, and you guys are intelligent enough to know how to coordinate the fanbase to your advantage. We had several false starts, and that's the whole point of the 12th man. We should have lost, but we found a way to get it done (thanks, Schaub), but you guys definitely had an impact. Keep it up! Hope to see you guys in the Superbowl! Now do us a favor and KICK SOME 49er ASS!!!!

P.S. J.J. Watt is a freakin' ANIMAL! Does he stay in a cage or something after games?
Y'all have a great team, man, and I hope to see them play again THIS season, if you know what I mean.
Old 10-04-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
Quote:
"This is a cool ass place. Ya'll got a good squad too." Marshawn Lynch talking to Brian Cushing about Reliant Stadium and the #Texans on Sunday
Old 10-04-2013   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

As do we Krieg, as do we.
Good luck the rest of the way.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN
James Palmer must be from the north.

Only yankees don't know how to properly contract y'all.
Old 10-04-2013   #12
Krieg17
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Krieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respectedKrieg17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not hard to tell I'm on a Texas board with all the "Y'all"s... Love it! Good luck the rest of the way. Y'all have a tough, hard-nosed team, and y'all are gonna win a lot of games this year. How could you not with that monster D y'all have... Did I do it right?

Seahawks/Texans for the
Old 10-04-2013   #13
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not hard to tell I'm on a Texas board with all the "Y'all"s... Love it! Good luck the rest of the way. Y'all have a tough, hard-nosed team, and y'all are gonna win a lot of games this year. How could you not with that monster D y'all have... Did I do it right?

Seahawks/Texans for the
Atleast you use the smileys correctly, thats refreshing in itself.
Old 10-04-2013   #14
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seahawks/Texans for the
Yes, you spelled and used "y'all" properly.
Now send me some smoked salmon from Pike's Fish Mkt and we'll be cool forever

...well at least until the Super Bowl
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #15
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Just wanted to drop in to give Texans fans Kudos..

Quote:

Seahawks/Texans for the
Don't go lose to the Colts now
Old 10-04-2013   #16
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Yes, that would make us very unhappy.
Old 10-04-2013   #17
Krieg17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Tiger View Post
Not promising anything. The Colts are gonna be tough! But I feel we've been battle-hardened with the slug-fest against what I feel is the baddest-ass team in the AFC, the Texans. I hope that woke up our guys so they don't sleep-walk through the first half like we did against your team. I feel we'll win, and we are favored by 2 1/2 on the road, but the 10 am thing is just such a historic problem for the Seahawks. In both our 10 am games this year, against you guys and the Panthers, some luck was involved, so consider me worried this weekend, which ironically involves "Luck" as well... Wish us "good fortune" against the Colts, and I will be sending out positive "vibes" for you guys to beat the crap out of the Niners! Beat 'em BAD! Unleash that "thing" you call "Watt" on 'em. Let him smell a #7 San Fran jersey, and say "kill". That should just about do it. Damn. Watt would sure look good in Seahawk Blue! Color me jealous! Does it come through that I'm a massive fan of JJ Watt? I didn't know if I was making it plain enough...
Old 10-04-2013   #18
TexaHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

I am definitely looking forward to seeing Watt in the SF backfield. No better way to heal from a hosed type of loss than to beat a Niner team on the road. I for one think that the Texans are built perfectly to take it to SF.

SF hates playing a balanced team with a defense. It would be nice to return the favor and knock off Indy, but 2 10AM PST road games in a row with a makeshift OLine is tough. If it worked out it would be a perfect weekend of football. GO HOUSTON.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
TexaHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #19
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i remember a few years back on this board that many people complained about our fans ability to stay quite on offence, maybe now we have changed. obviously i cant really tell i live on the other side of the planet but when watching on TV you fans are incredible and its an honour to be associated with you guys
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #20
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Seahawks/Texans for the
Thanks for the compliment. Now you best be running along now, partner Joe.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read