Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #121
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub Signs Extension

I hated this move and still do.
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #122
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Still, with the money doled out to Flacco, Romo, & Ryan... I can't fault the Texans for the deal they gave Matt. He can stink it up the rest of the year, compared to those contracts, I'd do it all over again.
Old 10-01-2013   #123
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey look, another McNair blamer guy
Old 10-01-2013   #124
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
just reading some these posts, its no wonder why guys like Marciano, Schaub, and Kubiak keep getting extensions, our fans are just like Bob Mcnair.

just reading this post. No wonder some people think we've got the dumbest fans in the NFL.

:dmbmtrfkrpalm:
Old 10-01-2013   #125
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
just reading some these posts, its no wonder why guys like Marciano, Schaub, and Kubiak keep getting extensions, our fans are just like Bob Mcnair.

You quoted me on a post I made a year ago? LOL

Circumstances have changed just a tad since then you know.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #126
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I'm not just picking on a noob because he's new, but the tradition continues with the folks new to the board calling out people left and right. You can see it all over the place this week. I will never understand that crap.

EDIT: Also, everytime I see this thread I think they signed him again!!!!
Old 10-01-2013   #127
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I'm not just picking on a noob because he's new, but the tradition continues with the folks new to the board calling out people left and right. You can see it all over the place this week. I will never understand that crap.
As the Texans get more media attention, either good or bad, more folks will show up here, some of them inevitability a tad trollish.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #128
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i take it back. i take it all back!
Old 10-01-2013   #129
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Come on man, you're too old to change!
Old 10-01-2013   #130
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chances are this guy was singing Schaub's praises a year ago too; he just wasn't typing it, at least not here & under the same name.

I'm not so sure that Schaub is incapable of putting this crap behind him. We just had 2 QBs in the Superbowl that didn't look half as good as him this time a year ago. I think he was just a little too careless against other teams & was trying too hard when he screwed the pooch against Seattle. It's severely frustrating, but it's not like he just can't move the chains.

We came into this game expecting to get blown out & our D nearly pulled off the win. I'm still proud of the team.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #131
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

EDIT: Also, everytime I see this thread I think they signed him again!!!!
They did, didnt ya hear they wanted to give him a boost in confidence, you think they could of found better ways
Old 10-01-2013   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm not so sure that Schaub is incapable of putting this crap behind him. We just had 2 QBs in the Superbowl that didn't look half as good as him this time a year ago. I think he was just a little too careless against other teams & was trying too hard when he screwed the pooch against Seattle. It's severely frustrating, but it's not like he just can't move the chains.
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. I still think Matt's going to hit his career numbers. Over 4000 yards, high 20s, low 30s TDs & somewhere around 15 Ints.

He's already thrown 6, leaving 9 for the rest of the year. Maybe 10

But that's almost an interception a game. Should that be ok? I wouldn't have a problem with that if we were talking high 30s low 40s TDs, but that's not gonna happen.
Old 10-03-2013   #133
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

It wasn't that bad of a deal was it? I read the other day that if the Texans were to release Matt Schaub after the June 1 cuts next off-season, they would only take a $3.5 million cap hit in 2014 and a $7 million cap hit in 2015, along with saving $10 million of base salary in 2014. They would also be off the hook for his 2015 and 2016 base salary which is $12.5 million and $14.5 million.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. If the Texans' front office decides to go in another direction they will certainly have that option during the upcoming off-season (after June 1). So that would give them plenty of time to make other arrangements in April's draft and even in free agency, if they want to bring in more quarterbacks to look at.

If Matt Schaub is ultimately replaced, it's likely to be after June 1. That being said, I'm still supporting him as a fan and I want to see him succeed and lead this team to the Super Bowl. But I no longer feel optimistic about that happening. He would have to start playing a lot better and making smarter decisions. He's still making rookie mistakes and he's 32 years old, in year number seven with the Texans.
Old 10-03-2013   #134
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
It wasn't that bad of a deal was it? I read the other day that if the Texans were to release Matt Schaub after the June 1 cuts next off-season, they would only take a $3.5 million cap hit in 2014 and a $7 million cap hit in 2015, along with saving $10 million of base salary in 2014. They would also be off the hook for his 2015 and 2016 base salary which is $12.5 million and $14.5 million.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. If the Texans' front office decides to go in another direction they will certainly have that option during the upcoming off-season (after June 1). So that would give them plenty of time to make other arrangements in April's draft and even in free agency, if they want to bring in more quarterbacks to look at.

If Matt Schaub is ultimately replaced, it's likely to be after June 1. That being said, I'm still supporting him as a fan and I want to see him succeed and lead this team to the Super Bowl. But I no longer feel optimistic about that happening. He would have to start playing a lot better and making smarter decisions. He's still making rookie mistakes and he's 32 years old, in year number seven with the Texans.
Any prorated bonus ($3.5 m due '14, '15 & '16 = $10.5 m) is moved up to next upcoming season. In other words if cut after 2013, his entire $10.5 million prorated is counted as cap figure for 2014. His misc. bonuses are not counted. His 2014 cap hit was to be $14.5 m. $14.5 - $10.5 = $ 4 m savings to cap for 2014.

I do not expect that to happen. However, if not on roster after 2014, there is a savings of $10 m and by then Team should have better read on Yates and Keenum. The issue with this is the latter are FAs again after 2014.

My hope was to cut/trade MS, trade Yates prior to trade deadline 2014 and Keenum starts with new contract.
Old 10-03-2013   #135
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Any prorated bonus ($3.5 m due '14, '15 & '16 = $10.5 m) is moved up to next upcoming season. In other words if cut after 2013, his entire $10.5 million prorated is counted as cap figure for 2014. His misc. bonuses are not counted. His 2014 cap hit was to be $14.5 m. $14.5 - $10.5 = $ 4 m savings to cap for 2014.

I do not expect that to happen. However, if not on roster after 2014, there is a savings of $10 m and by then Team should have better read on Yates and Keenum. The issue with this is the latter are FAs again after 2014.

My hope was to cut/trade MS, trade Yates prior to trade deadline 2014 and Keenum starts with new contract.
Unless he's designated a June 1st cut, then his cap hit will be spread over the 2014 & 2015 season. $14.5/2 = $7.25M which would free up $7.25M towards the cap.

Regardless, when you consider the size of the contracts & guaranteed money paid to comparable QBs in the 2013 off-season, it's a great deal. Romo, Flacco, Ryan.... $100M. None of them better than Schaub. Comparable, Flacco's got a ring & played lights out in the play-offs..... but not a better QB than Schaub.
Old 10-03-2013   #136
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 45905 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Will someone please edit this thread! I nearly threw my phone against a wall thinking this was just news.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read