Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2013   #24
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130616 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where the game was lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Excellent play by Sherman, no doubt. But he is squatting on the route, behind OD.... at least 2 yards (I want to say 3, but I'm not positive). They are both expecting the throw, neither are expecting it to be short, & Owen has a 2 yard head-start. Sherman is a big corner, but Owen ain't no cream puff. If he gets a hand on that ball (because Sherman is still behind him in this picture, Matt is throwing from their right) Sherman has no play.

Anytime someone is disecting a ply like this, when they're not trying to hate on the QB, they'll say, "The receiver can't wait for the ball to get to him, he has to help his QB." Owen has been in the league since 2006, he should know better than waiting on the ball like he did on the first interception of this game.

Both are still Matt's fault, I'm not taking any blame away from him. Just saying OD could have helped him out.... but didn't.
As long as OD knows Sherm is that close and that they'll both be fighting for the ball I agree completly. Is it obvious in the replay OD knows Sherman is that tight?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read