Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2013   #981
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

I hate to describe posters as "supporters". But I would like to ask a few questions to those who believe that Schaub should remain at QB. What makes you think that Schaub will get better? I want to believe. I saw hope in the Seahawk game. And then came the lay down sacks and the pick six. I don't see a spark and I don't see anything getting better. Do you wait until the Texans are out of contention before making a move? So you wait until they go sub .500 (which could be Sunday). What will it take for you to want to see a change at QB?
I am not believer that you change QBs to "see what the other guy can do." You make a change when you feel the other guy(s) give you a better chance at winning.. so what we have is Schuab playing so awful that he leaves you no choice, getting injured, or that the Texans brass literally think that Yates or keenum are already better than Schuab. I think injury is the only way we see another QB.

Stay the course, comes from the top with the Texans. Many if not most of us would have dumped Kubiak after 2010 (I would have).
Old 10-03-2013   #982
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
...so what we have is Schuab playing so awful that he leaves you no choice...
So you don't think he's close to that? His mistakes are demoralizing. I hear the standard lip service, but you have to wonder if the team has any faith in Schaub. I can see where Kubiak and the front office feel trapped. They've re-signed Schaub to a big contract with no obvious heir apparent. But the guys behind him are professional QBs. They have more mobility and stronger arms. They could provide the team with a spark.

If his poor play continues into the season, Schaub becomes a lame duck QB. He won't be brought back for a $10 million salary. If you know that, why wait until he's injured to find out what you have behind him?
Old 10-03-2013   #983
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
great post.

Its so frustrating to see our offense littered with pro bowlers and a young exciting rookie get wasted with dink and dunk passes. You see other teams or should i say "elite/superbowl" teams and they go for the jugular.

And you don't think throwing the ball in that situation was going for the jugular ?! It surely wasn't a conservative call .... the conservative thing to do in that situation is call a run play and if you fail to convert let your punter do his job and give your defense a long field to defend.

As for a more attacking offense .... Schaub cant seem to execute this simple offense and doesn't have the arm to make the type of downfield throws ... but hey , lets open it up like Aaron Rodgers us in a Texans uniform ..... Come On Breh .....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #984
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Schaub constantly checking down to foster because he is mentally deficient at reading wide receiver progressions is an example of conservative passing.

Get it together.
You can say that and tell us you want a more aggressive offense in the same breath ?!

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 10-03-2013   #985
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
At the end of last season there was a lot of infighting here about the merits of Schaub. People fought tooth and nail over it. Nobody wants to say I told you so yet, but some of us spotted the iceberg ahead last december. Some of us picked it out a LOT farther back. Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.

Everything I ever said about Romo to cowboy fans is true of schaub. Collapses underpressure. I still dont understand how you run a bootleg offense with a qb who cant run.

And I dont blame kubiak for not allowing audibles. We've seen schaub's decision making skills. I blame kubiak for not having the sack to bring in legit competition for schaub. Here's the next bad news: schaubs not going to recover and we'll draft a rookie...and that rookie wont start until next season is lost. Because kubiak is to conservative to start a rookie qb. This aint over till november '14. Captain ******** pick 6 is gonna be here.
So finally the truth comes out. This is really all about "I saw it first" "I saw it years ago" and not really about 1 play right? in 2012 when the Texans started fast, all of the Schaub haters had to bite their tongues. Now that the Texans have started slow, here comes the same old song and dance of "I told you so" 4 games in and you guys have already determined the Texans fate. Hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
WOW!! Just wow!!

HATE??? Really? Maybe you should look up the definition of "hate".

Angry? Yes! Disappointed? YES!!!! Ready to move on? Sure...

BUT HATE?? Seek help for your cranial-anal inversion syndrome!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think they need some new doctors .... seems they've made a lot of mistakes.

A healthy Schaub - the guy we saw between 2009 to the point in 2011 where he went down , I would have been comfortable giving an extension , this broken version .... not so much.

Hindsight is always 20/20 ......
What i want to know is, why is it that all of the professional people who work in the field are all crazy, and you and others are the experts? How is it that something that is so obvious to you, escapes medical professionals? Must be some kind of conspiracy right? Your arrogance is mind numbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's kind of where I was coming from. I'm not a doctor. I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But it's pretty obvious to me the Texans aren't receiving the best medical advice they could. Who makes the call on the team physician anyway? McNair?

I've felt that Schaub's extension was unnecessary. Yes, he would have been a free agent in the 2013 offseason. But, I think the market would have been limited and no other team would have given him such a long term deal. Was Schaub better than several QBs on other teams? Yes. That doesn't mean these teams would have committed to him long term. Schaub should have gotten something above the deal Carson Palmer received from Arizona (3 years, $26 million, $10 mil guaranteed). Not the $29 million guaranteed he picked up for what will likely be two years of work.

I hate to describe posters as "supporters". But I would like to ask a few questions to those who believe that Schaub should remain at QB. What makes you think that Schaub will get better? I want to believe. I saw hope in the Seahawk game. And then came the lay down sacks and the pick six. I don't see a spark and I don't see anything getting better. Do you wait until the Texans are out of contention before making a move? So you wait until they go sub .500 (which could be Sunday). What will it take for you to want to see a change at QB?
Hahaha... Love the Holiday Inn Express stuff. That was side splitting. As to the rest of your post, I hope you read my answer above. Leave those decisions to people who went to medical school and get paid to provide such advice. It's more likely that Matt Schaub threw a pick 6 because he did not stay at a Holiday Inn Express the night before the game than because of his injury 2 years ago. It was simply a bad play call, and even worse execution of a doomed play. But it was just 1 play in an otherwise great game by Schaub. Get over it.

In answer to your question. I watched Schaub now play like an elite QB in the 2nd half of the Chargers game, the 4th quarter of the Titans game he imposed his will on a really good defense, and there was this most recent game where he was carving up the NFL's #1 ranked D like it was child's play. But all any of you can do is focus on 1 stupid play, and ignore the rest. This is simply illogical. The whole team just needs to play all 4 quarters, which they have failed to do so far.

Ok so lay down sacks and Pick 6. You cannot have it both ways. Lay down sacks are a far better result than a pick 6, and had there been a lay down sack in that situation, the Texans most likely would have won that game. So it seems to me that you all want Schaub to be perfect. Never make a mistake, and even then you would find something to criticize him about. Mental errors from the entire team is what lost that game, not the pick 6 in the final minutes of regulation.

Do you wait until you are out of contention before making a move? Of course not, but there are other moves to be made first before you throw you whole season away on a hope and a prayer, such as fixing the protection issues, better play calling, better scouting, fewer penalties, etc, etc.

Quote:
And you don't think throwing the ball in that situation was going for the jugular ?! It surely wasn't a conservative call .... the conservative thing to do in that situation is call a run play and if you fail to convert let your punter do his job and give your defense a long field to defend.

As for a more attacking offense .... Schaub cant seem to execute this simple offense and doesn't have the arm to make the type of downfield throws ... but hey , lets open it up like Aaron Rodgers us in a Texans uniform ..... Come On Breh .....
Really? What was Schaub doing in the first half? Were my eyes playing tricks on me or something?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #986
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
Well, this about sums up what real Texans team fans have been talking about since lasts years slide to mediocrity. I like Schaub, I for years believed he was "The Man", just like folks in New York felt Mark Sanchez was their man. But, an individual reaches a certain point where their previous experience level is not commensurate with a team's growing needs, and as the look on the Texans faces after the Pick-6 playing Seattle...you just knew there were going to be problems. Many "fans" don't or cannot see the Big Picture...maybe they will now.
I honestly think this is the best comparison I've heard yet for Matt Schaub. At one time, Sanchez was good enough to get that team to the AFC Championship game. A play away from the Super Bowl..... in back to back years.

Things change, the team around him got worse. They needed him to be better.

The team around Matt got better. We're in more clutch situations. We need someone who can get "lucky" at the right time, who can make something happen, buy some time. Matt continues to fail.

Right now, the best we can hope for is that he stops hurting us.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 10-03-2013 at 01:35 PM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #987
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no its not. just because you throw the ball doesnt necessarily mean you are being aggressive. You can be aggressive while running the ball. You can be conservative even when you pass.

Even if that pass was completed, it was still a short completion.

Schaub constantly checking down to foster because he is mentally deficient at reading wide receiver progressions is an example of conservative passing.

Get it together.

Matt is 8th in the nfl one getting the first down throwing on 3rd and less than 3 and a little better than middle of the pack throwing on 3rd and 3-7, 20th on 3rd and 8 or more. It's not uncommon for qb to throw short of the sticks on 3rd down
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #988
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now we're inseason and there's nothing to do but sit it out and watch the boat go down.
What's your definition of "boat go down?"
Old 10-03-2013   #989
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
So finally the truth comes out. This is really all about "I saw it first" "I saw it years ago" and not really about 1 play right? in 2012 when the Texans started fast, all of the Schaub haters had to bite their tongues. Now that the Texans have started slow, here comes the same old song and dance of "I told you so" 4 games in and you guys have already determined the Texans fate. Hilarious!
Uhhh no. I havent liked Schaub's talent when they were winning either. Winning just helped to hide it from people who refuse to see it.

If I say, we need better cornerback play from Mccain or we need a better right tackle, people might disagree but they dont question your fanhood. If I say, we need to upgrade the qb position, people take it personal and call you a bandwagon fan?

Look, I dont want Schaub to suck. He just does. Why does a percentage of Texansnation vilify those who see it? The time to fix the problem has passed. Waters wet. Deal.
Old 10-03-2013   #990
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
What's your definition of "boat go down?"
Based on expectations, i'd say anything short of the playoffs will result in some forced coaching changes (Joe Mar meet Frank Bush.) Somewhere just below .500 and maybe the conversation becomes, "Should sonofbum replace kubes?"

I'd hate to see kubiak run out of town because of schaub.
Old 10-03-2013   #991
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I recall Doc telling us that even tho the foot had healed , it would get worse with use .... and that's exactly what we've seen.
I honestly do not believe that is what we're seeing. Even this "he's throwing off his back foot" thing. Not true. Watch every game objectively, watch his feet. He's rotating his hips well which translate to transferring his weight completely to his front foot on most throws.

If there is a problem with Matt, physically, it's him trying to be more athletic than he really is. Trying to get out of the pocket & make something happen where he used to throw it away.

He is drifting away on those bootlegs, that's true. But most of the other stuff just doesn't add up. You can watch the game & see he's transferring weight onto the front foot. He went on to play a game that had absolutely no meaning (the pro bowl, he had already been to one & named the MVP). He participated throughout OTAs, mini-camp, camp, & the preseason. If he knew he had a problem & longevity is the issue, why wouldn't he put off extended physical activity.

& biggest of all... no one can keep a secret very long. The more people who know, the sooner it is revealed & as "poorly" as he's played you'd think someone would make an excuse that would tip you off, or something. They're not even making excuses for him, The Owner, GM, & Head Coach actually put more scrutiny on him. Makes me believe no one at Reliant believes Matt has a degenerative condition pertaining to his LisFranc injury.

Even in the divisional play-off game he was actually more "active" than normal. Moving around trying to escape the rush... he looked like sht, because he's a clutz..... always has been & he's trying to do more of it.
Old 10-03-2013   #992
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
And you present one of my opinions better then I could. Kubiak's offense has masked schaub's deficiencies well enough to fool a lot of fans.
Quote:
If he cant execute simple plays .... what makes you think he can execute a less conservative gameplan ?!

The entire offense is designed to make life simple and easy for the QB ...
& what offense isn't?

We saw what happened when Matt Cassell replaced Tom Brady. Looked like they didn't miss a beat.

We go about doing it differently than they do, their offensive linemen are head & shoulders better than ours at pass blocking. It's common to hear, "& Tom Brady has all kinds of time." Like RTP said, if we can provide that kind of time for Schaub, he'll look like a much different QB. Better or worse, I can't say.

He's not "perfect" for what we do, but he does, or at least has historically, operated it very well.
Old 10-03-2013   #993
powda
Hall of Fame

Are some offenses more quarterback friendly then others? YES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He's not "perfect" for what we do, but he does, or at least has historically, operated it very well.
We can argue semantics and systems with a million examples on both sides. Here's a couple of better questions...

Can Schaub LEAD this team to the Superbowl?

Do you want Schaub as your starting quarterback next year?

Should we draft a qb in the 1st or 2nd round?

How many more boneheaded pick 6 game losing plays do we have to see to get the hint?
Old 10-03-2013   #994
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:

What i want to know is, why is it that all of the professional people who work in the field are all crazy, and you and others are the experts? How is it that something that is so obvious to you, escapes medical professionals? Must be some kind of conspiracy right? Your arrogance is mind numbing.
A highly respected medical professional is where I got my information ... Prior to Schaub's meltdown at the tail end of last season (when they gave Schaub the extension) stating that the foot would get worse with use - That guy was dead on & has been right more times than I care to count when the Texans medical staff has whiffed.

My arrogance is nothing more than a belief in Doc CND .... it is obvious to me he was right.

Quote:
Really? What was Schaub doing in the first half? Were my eyes playing tricks on me or something?
Yep , he looked fine .... until the SeaDucks turned up the defensive pressure , once that happened we saw "Bad Matt."

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 10-03-2013   #995
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 104354 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A highly respected medical professional is where I got my information ... Prior to Schaub's meltdown at the tail end of last season (when they gave Schaub the extension) stating that the foot would get worse with use - That guy was dead on & has been right more times than I care to count when the Texans medical staff has whiffed.

My arrogance is nothing more than a belief in Doc CND .... it is obvious to me he was right.

Yep , he looked fine .... until the SeaDucks turned up the defensive pressure , once that happened we saw "Bad Matt."
Can I ask, does Doc CND work for the Texans, or a professional football team in a medical capacity? What does Doc CND have to lose if his opinion is wrong? What would a medical staff member have to lose that actually works for the Texans have to lose if his opinion was wrong, and what would be his motivation to lie about Schaub's injury? Is he, or they also part of the conspiracy to keep Schaub the QB?

Everyone has their own perceptions based on the info they have been provided, and I am ok with that, but what I have a problem with is why would you choose information from someone on a message board, over someone who is actually working for the Texans? If Schaub's injury is degenerative, why did he play well in the first half, yet in the Chargers game it was the 2nd half he played well in? Is it possible this is just the theory you WANT to believe?

In regards to the Hawks turning up the D. I challenge you to watch the game again. They did not change their plan, which was to pressure Schaub, what happened was the Texans offensive line basically stopped blocking. Perhaps they all have degenerative foot injuries also, I don't know. But my perception was it had less to do with the Hawks turning things up, and more to do with the Texans falling apart offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter.

Wade used a spy in the fist half to keep Wilson contained, then simply stopped doing it in the 2nd half, and when Cushing went out. Wilson ran wild. Perhaps it would have been a better plan to stop rushing the passer so hard and make Wilson beat us with his arm. I mean it's not like he was killing the Texans throwing the ball was he?

This was a team loss, and many things factored into the loss, and yes Schaub's pick 6 was one of them, but it was not THE reason the Texans lost.

Old 10-03-2013   #996
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If a D attempts to turn up the pressure on a QB it is not the QB's sole responsibility to combat that. There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up
Old 10-03-2013   #997
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Can I ask, does Doc CND work for the Texans, or a professional football team in a medical capacity? What does Doc CND have to lose if his opinion is wrong? What would a medical staff member have to lose that actually works for the Texans have to lose if his opinion was wrong, and what would be his motivation to lie about Schaub's injury? Is he, or they also part of the conspiracy to keep Schaub the QB?
CND has nothing to lose .... but that doesn't change the fact that he's been right more times than I can count - and I don't just know him as a member of this board either , we're friends away from here as well

Quote:
In regards to the Hawks turning up the D. I challenge you to watch the game again. They did not change their plan, which was to pressure Schaub, what happened was the Texans offensive line basically stopped blocking. Perhaps they all have degenerative foot injuries also, I don't know. But my perception was it had less to do with the Hawks turning things up, and more to do with the Texans falling apart offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter.
In the first half the vast majority of the time they only rushed their front four .... On the pick six , they blitzed a DB ....

Here -Brian Billick breaks the play down for you here

That is a change from what they had been doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
If a D attempts to turn up the pressure on a QB it is not the QB's sole responsibility to combat that. There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up
Cant dispute that .... Newton whiffed on the play & the blitzer wasn't accounted for. But damn , you cant throw that ball , you just take the sack and live to fight another play.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Old 10-03-2013   #998
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
There are a number of guys you pay to step up and help offset that D turning it up
Like a right tackle named Newton. No one's upset if I call him average. When I call average matt (captain F^ckin pick 6) average, people get upset? Why are we only ok with addressing part of the problem?
Old 10-03-2013   #999
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Like a right tackle named Newton. No one's upset if I call him average. When I call average matt (captain F^ckin pick 6) average, people get upset? Why are we only ok with addressing part of the problem?

Are people calling for newton's head? Are they making some crazy suggestion that we should pick someone up off the street to replace newton? Pointing out a player making mistake ala Schaub's passing attempt is legit. Losing your damn mind and calling for a 3rd stringer to replace him is crazy
Old 10-03-2013   #1000
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Quote:
Are people calling for newton's head? Are they making some crazy suggestion that we should pick someone up off the street to replace newton? Pointing out a player making mistake ala Schaub's passing attempt is legit. Losing your damn mind and calling for a 3rd stringer to replace him is crazy
Exactly! The point is, it is guys like Newton that are making Schaub look bad by opening the flood gates, which was the same problem the Texans were having last season. Even Peyton Manning can't complete a pass with 3 defenders in his face every play. Watch the pocket his O Line creates for him, and Tom Brady. Give Schaub that kind of protection and he will carve up any team in the league.

But no... Let's just keep laying it all at the feet of Schaub. Makes perfect sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read