Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2013   #61
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dear football Gods....Week 5 Let's Predict

Houston - 23
San Fran - 19

I predict that Houston will score a TD late in the 4th quarter to take the lead after giving up 4 FGs in the 2nd half to go down 16-19. Schaub will go 29/39 for 330 yards and 2 TDs, but the slow down in the 2nd half will cause people to resume calls for his head before the final TD is scored (ironically scored by a Schaub TD pass to AJ off of a bootleg called by Kubiak).

Okay, maybe it's a slight homer pick...but it really not too hard to imagine
Old 10-02-2013   #62
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm reminded of the Oilers 1993 season, the one after the debacle in Buffalo. They started the season 1-4, all hell was breaking loose, but then they found their groove and finished with 11 straight wins.

The Oilers played the 49rs at Candlestick that season, and the 49rs got to the NFC Championship game the year before, were one of the superbowl favorites in the 93 season. The Oilers came in and won a defensive battle 10-7.

I don't think there are many 10-7 games in the NFL anymore, so I'm going to double that

Texans 20
49rs 14
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #63
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans win. Eff you doubters. Stand up on your hind legs and act like men. The Texans will beat the 49'rs.
Old 10-02-2013   #64
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll sacrifice a rabbit ... for a W.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #65
TexaHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Look guys, as a Hawks fan I saw the toughest game I have seen going back to 2011 in Houston. The Texans are every bit as good as a fan could ask for. Few teams can play physical with the Hawks and the Texans did that very thing on Sunday.

The Niners can't handle teams with a truly balanced offense and a physical defense. They kill teams with a weakness on offense and powder puff defenses. The Texans are neither. Houston is going to fare a lot better than some folks think. The Niners are average on offense when the game is tight and bi polar when they get down a couple scores. Kaepernick gets shaken very easily when he is down and makes mistakes.

The Texans can contain their run, don't take too much from the one big game they had against the Rams. I'm just saying that as long as the game is close or the Texans can put up some early points, they will likely win. The Niners defense WILL give up big plays on both the ground and in the air, their pass coverage is awful and with those WRs I am positive that Schaub will redeem himself. I am so positive that I am starting him in my fantasy league in which I am the sole 4-0 owner.

The Houston front 7 is better than the Niners, especially with Aldon Smith out and Willis injured. They will frustrate the Niners OLine and get a few personal fouls, they will have trouble getting plays in and communicating. Their crowd is not the least bit disruptive to opposing offenses, but for some reason they have pre snap trouble.

I would love nothing more than to see the Texans just destroy SF, but I am realistic. With that, I think the Texans are going to surprise all the pundits on SFs jock and win 34-20.
TexaHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
And right now the colts are a lot better offensively than we are..
This is typical of a Houston fan.

They score 4 ppg more than we do..... that's not "a lot" better than we are. We're throwing the ball much better than they are (9th in the league vs 24th). We've thrown 8 TDs, they've thrown 5 over 4 games. That's "a lot" or could be.

They're #4 running the ball, we're #7 (4.9 ypc to 4.7). Six rushing TDs vs 1...... they're a lot better there, I'll give them that.

If only they had a QB that could throw it in the end zone.
Old 10-03-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaHawk View Post
Look guys, as a Hawks fan I saw the toughest game I have seen going back to 2011 in Houston. The Texans are every bit as good as a fan could ask for. Few teams can play physical with the Hawks and the Texans did that very thing on Sunday.
No offense, but I think less of the Hawks than I did before we played them. I don't think they lived up to the hype & while Russell Wilson can change a game..... it's unrealistic to think he can keep doing that in the NFL.

I always thought he was a much better passer... & while I'm not saying he isn't, he just don't have anybody to throw it to.

Good think there aren't many good secondaries in the NFC.
Old 10-03-2013   #68
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

49ers 34 Texans 22

Texans D is playing well, but have always had trouble with mobile QBs. Texans offense gets a touchdown late to make it a respectable score.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #69
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 27 other team 13
Old 10-03-2013   #70
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Below is what I posted for last game. Really don't think it will be much different than last game except CK may be a little more active running earlier in game. It just seemed when the game was on the line Wilson did what he had to do to win it. Just the opposite of what our QB did. I was surprised by the Texans play is first half even though I think GK went a little turtle towards the end of the half. I think we need to win TO battle by +2 to win this game. Playing on the road I think will effect outcome of game. 27-20 49ers

Not as excited for this game because I don't think anything will change based on players performance.

Re: Week 4 VS Seahawks...Let's predict

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I predict MS will have a hard time finding wide open receivers because of the way Seattle plays D and therefore he will get sacked often and throw the ball away many other times. 2 or more interceptions or fumbles by MS. We will have a difficult time running the ball. Basically our offense will be stagnant. We will go for it a couple times on 4th down just to try and get something going. I think we score 6-10 points. Seattle may not be able to move the ball traditionally but we will not be able to contain Wilson at key times and he will scramble and extend plays that extend drives. He will complete a few long passes or get pass interference that will kill the Texans. Even with all this they only score 27 or so points. If we can win the TO battle by 2 or more and we don't give up a pick 6 or long return the game will be competitive and we may win.
Really looking forward to this game and I like that it is early in season because this will be a very good measuring point for team and MS
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #71
TexaHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
No offense, but I think less of the Hawks than I did before we played them. I don't think they lived up to the hype & while Russell Wilson can change a game..... it's unrealistic to think he can keep doing that in the NFL.

I always thought he was a much better passer... & while I'm not saying he isn't, he just don't have anybody to throw it to.

Good think there aren't many good secondaries in the NFC.
I totally get it. That was the worst game I have seen Wilson play with those receivers in his career. His only other terrible game came in SF last year with two TD passes dropped.

I have no doubt that Wilson will get it going, but when he can't find anyone he runs well.

Those receivers are very underrated because even when Wilson is on, he will use 5 of them all day. They end up getting 600-900 yards each, but never focused on one guy, ever.

I completely understand why a Texans fan would think that based on what has happened this year and in that game specifically. The part I am happy about is that I know it will start to come around and in the meantime the defense is holding strong for a 4-0 record. I put it like this, if this game were mid to late season, that game would have been a much higher scoring affair for the Hawks.

Check back in 4 weeks, it will look a lot better. It didn't help him that 3 backups were on the Line and offered NO time and I mean come on.. was there a single play Wilson dropped back that instant pressure wasn't there?

None of that matters, Texans going to win on Sunday. I am a huge fan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
TexaHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #72
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Better spy Kap the whole game, unlike last week when they didn't put a guy on Wilson in the 2nd half and it killed them.
Old 10-03-2013   #73
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Better spy Kap the whole game, unlike last week when they didn't put a guy on Wilson in the 2nd half and it killed them.
Mercilus was spying him most of the game and did a good job. Most of Wilson's damage came from the right side, where Brooks Reed was either getting pushed inside or up the field.
Old 10-03-2013   #74
Lambert
Rookie

Rep Power: 3649 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Mercilus was spying him most of the game and did a good job. Most of Wilson's damage came from the right side, where Brooks Reed was either getting pushed inside or up the field.
There wasn't one play where Wison ran wide right.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaHawk View Post

I completely understand why a Texans fan would think that based on what has happened this year and in that game specifically. The part I am happy about is that I know it will start to come around and in the meantime the defense is holding strong for a 4-0 record. I put it like this, if this game were mid to late season, that game would have been a much higher scoring affair for the Hawks.

Check back in 4 weeks, it will look a lot better.
I don't want to make a big deal out of it, especially not in this thread. So I'll leave it at this.... it is what it is & Wilson has to do the best he can with what he got. The Seahawks spent a bit of change on Sidney Rice.... Used a second on Golden Tate & Doug Baldwin ain't chopped liver.

But you need WRs.
Old 10-03-2013   #76
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
There wasn't one play where Wison ran wide right.
There wasn't one play that may have started wide right. He had at least 3 good scrambles to that side during the game. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.
Old 10-03-2013   #77
Lambert
Rookie

Rep Power: 3649 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
There wasn't one play that may have started wide right. He had at least 3 good scrambles to that side during the game. Especially in the 4th quarter and overtime.
Link?
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #78
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
This is typical of a Houston fan.

They score 4 ppg more than we do..... that's not "a lot" better than we are. We're throwing the ball much better than they are (9th in the league vs 24th). We've thrown 8 TDs, they've thrown 5 over 4 games. That's "a lot" or could be.

They're #4 running the ball, we're #7 (4.9 ypc to 4.7). Six rushing TDs vs 1...... they're a lot better there, I'll give them that.

If only they had a QB that could throw it in the end zone.

TK...4 ppg more is actually quite a bit.

It's only 4 games in so that spread could go either way, but if it holds up over the long term that's not good at all.

If we scored 4 less ppg we'd be 29th in the league in scoring.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #79
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

The line has moved down to -5/-6 with most of the money on the Texans. Have to keep an eye a hour or two before game time
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #80
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 29
49ers 16

VAI Texans!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read