Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Have you given up on the Houston Texans?
Yes 13 12.38%
No!! 92 87.62%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2013   #61
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Have you given up on your Houston Texans

After 4 games, we're 2-2. I expected to be 3-1 at this point (with a close loss to the Seahawks) and I expected to start the season off at 3-2 (with losses to the Seahawks and Niners).

But this is a good team. I expect us to win a lot of games this year. The Titans and Colts are better than I thought they'd be and we might not win the Division. It's going to be a fight.

Like I said in another thread, starting off fast last year got us nowhere. Let's see if we can finish fast this year.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #62
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 12966 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

NO!!!!!!!!
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #63
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Schaubiak = Yes

Texans organization = No! This ain't nothing compared to the 2-14 era
This.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #64
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

The team, never....No.

Given up on MS - yes. He doesn't have a strong arm, doesn't move well in the pocket, can't run for a first down, can't read the defense/blitz, easily sacked, highly predictable and overrated stat-wise . He should change his number to "6" and I think we all know why.

Kubes - not yet.

I'm hopeful kubes and MS can work to protect the team from penalties, turnovers, stupid play calling and pick sixes.
Old 10-02-2013   #65
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

No. I am not a cheerleader though, so you can skip the all-caps and exclamation marks.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #66
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devilishly handsome Dread-Head
When all the Band waggon fans jump off me and Bill can put our feet up. Vugg it. I aint going ANYWHERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "THE" Texan Bill (tm.)
Testify my brother!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Save a vuggin seat for me!

I'm bringing a bottle of potato vodka. If you want to mix it with juice bring our own I drink mine straight.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #67
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

No, never give up on Texans period. On Matt, most likely yes.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #68
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCooper View Post
Yep, but not as crotchety!
Everyone has a talent.
Crotchetyism is his.
Don't hate. Appreciate.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #69
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 47538 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

No. The Texans have the top ranked defense and at least a competent offense that's somehow ranked in the top five. I'm pissed off at Schaub, but I can't fathom him continuing to throw pick-6s in every game this season like he has. The QB has to be better, without question, for this team to be a contender for the Superbowl.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #70
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
No. The Texans have the top ranked defense and at least a competent offense that's somehow ranked in the top five. I'm pissed off at Schaub, but I can't fathom him continuing to throw pick-6s in every game this season like he has. The QB has to be better, without question, for this team to be a contender for the Superbowl.
THANK YOU! Rep forthcoming...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #71
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the remarks here are downright depressing. I wonder how many would eat crow if this team were to make a long run, or if the bunched up panties are just to uncomfortable to admit you were wrong. It's cool to be critical, that's being a fan. Not so much to openly acknowledge a lost season with only 4 freaking weeks gone by. I remember watching an old Oiler team start the season 0-4 only to run off 12 straight. End result obviously was not what the fans expect, but point being its too early to give up hope. This football season is gonna suck for most of yall apparently and I feel sorry for yall. Not to worry though, there will be plenty of room on the bandwagon later this year for all you "real" fans.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships. I feel good about this team.
Old 10-02-2013   #72
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Have not given up on this team of 2013 by any means and never will on the organization. Will rep Houston to the day I die.

That said, I freely admit I love to bag on Schaub $hitting his pants and make meme's about him but that doesn't mean I don't hope he gets better. But as long as he plays like crap I'm not going to be an ankle grabbing fan that is just happy to have a team and slurp at the altar of mediocrity and never say anything negative when it's warranted!

(This is venting frustration from kool aid drinking, sunshine pumping, rose glasses wearing fans on our Austin Texans group page, not necessarily aimed at people on TT but oh boy I'm sure they're here if I look.)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #73
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135371 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Everyone has a talent.
Crotchetyism is his.
Don't hate. Appreciate.
Lol!

If I ever met Thorn, I'd probably give him a big hug and kiss!
Old 10-02-2013   #74
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I hit the wrong button in the poll, fyi
Old 10-02-2013   #75
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I have not given up on "the team":

Sometimes in our everyday lives things don't always go so well. Come gameday we all look for something as simple as a Texans win to brighten-up what may have been a dismal week in our personal, everyday struggles. I've been there before, and I find it hard to watch any other football games after the Texans lose.

I know a lot of folks are easily hyped-up for game day...we're either attending the game, tailgating, or at home firing up the bar-b-que pit and having friends over to share good food and share a Texans win.

Sometimes things just don't go "our" way and we seem lost and dillusional when the Texans end up giving a game away as in the loss to Seattle.

Was I upset?

Yes, extremely upset to the point of what seems a sickening waste of time and hard-earned money in either attending a loss, or witnessing it on television. But, I have to remember that our team doesn't like it either. Just seeing JJ in the game all bloodied-up proves to me, the passion he and the team have to win, and I sit dumbfounded by the loss.

Every time we lose or give a game away, I am haunted by that infamous Oilers/Buffalo game, a time when our city was euphoric to taste simply an invite to the Super Bowl. How close we came. To add icing to that cake of futility, the owner moves to another city and lo and behold, our former team finds itself in the Super Bowl.

It's these visions of our city's NFL past that force us to savor whatever we have to represent our own desires to succeed...it's a personal thing. When us Texans fans ungloriously voiced and displayed our dismay with the Seattle loss, it was more a loss of ego than the actual loss for our team that put so many fans in a frenzy. The frustrations of losing are deeply rooted in the past failures of Houston sports teams.

We have one of the most powerful teams in the NFL today, a classy group of professionals and an equally classy owner who want nothing more than a big Super Bowl ring for the Texans and the city of Houston.

We have two choices...we can support them in both winning and losing, or we can always turn to the Cowboys.

Take your pick.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #76
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

No this is my team I will never give up on them win or lose

besides ive been thinking about it and man 2-2 we are in the mist of playing our hardest part of our sechudle

and main point we only played 25% of our season 25 percent !!!!!!!!!! the SB is not won in Sep

that's all I got to say
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #77
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Outplayed the Super Bowl media favorite Seahawks and tripped ourselves into a loss. Outplayed the SB Champs and short-bussed our way into a loss.

Yeah, I quit. Going to burn my counterfeit jersey and be an Astros fan.
Last years game or this years???
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #78
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Last years game or this years???
Hey buddy nice to see you around again. Yikes I guess Joe had a rough game on Sunday, but hey Buffalo is much improved and will probably look like a quality loss at the end of the season.
Old 10-02-2013   #79
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't given up on the Texans as far as watching them and cheering for them to win. But I have never liked Kubiak. I was ready to donate money to have the "fire kubiak" billboard that was to be put up on 610 when that idea was floating around a few years ago. The idea died quickly when Kubiak was given an extension. Kubiak will never win a superbowl as a head coach in Houston. He has been out coached over and over since he has been here and he will continue to be out coached because he is nothing more than a "supporting cast" coach (oc) and not good at leading (head coach).

And I don't really have to say anything about Matt Schaub other than we have already seen his best football.

Until these 2 are gone this team will continue to be a rollercoaster ride. Doing just enough to keep fans thinking this will be the year only to end up disappointed and talking about the upcoming draft. Rinse/repeat. Last year was a real good gauge for how this teams character is. They couldn't clinch homefield when it was practically handed to them. The Packers and Patriots flat out embarrassed them and showed everyone that the Texans were not ready for "prime time" with the elite teams. The Vikings and Colts further deflated them with back to back whoopins.

I've seen this scenario played out so many times as an old Oilers fan. The Texans have no killer instinct and that starts with comfortable Kubiak. McNair is also part of the problem by being so painfully patient. Of course all the money McNair is making helps.

If Schaub plays bad in front of a national audience on sunday night then maybe....nah. Its on Kubiak. Schaub is a good kid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read