Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-02-2013   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
If we lose to SF, are we going to see the "sign Farve/Warner" threads like we did when Schaub and Lienart went down in 2011?
It'll get insane in here, that's for sure. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm pretty sure Jeff George would like to make a come back.....
What??? Bernie Kosar doesn't want any of this?
Old 10-02-2013   #43
Nitrofish
Humanoid

Rep Power: 53129 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
We've already got 2 other QBs that know the system better. If it were up to me Schaub sits for the 49ers game. Let TJ show us what he can do, would be a great game to do just that. If he brings home the W (which is a long shot at this point no matter who is QB) let him start against the Rams also!
So Seattle dismantled the 9ers, and the Texans were carving up the Hawks, but you think beating the 9ers is a long shot? You people are really tripping. Is there a reason that TJ Yates was drafted where he was, and that Keenum went undrafted? Foster is the exception, not the rule. Schaub has the team around him, and the skills to beat the 9ers IMO.

The Texans are 2-2 and all of you act as if the team is 0-4 and the season is lost. Get a grip on your emotions people. Did you read the Ravens board last season all year? Sounded pretty much the same as here today. Just goes to show that fans have no idea what they are talking about and let their emotions control their opinions. I am sure the Texans have a better team outlook than most of you and still support Schaub. I am all for starting out slow and peaking at the right time to finish strong. We have tried the fast start thing several times, and where has it gotten us?

This season is far from lost and like it or not, Schaub is not the one to blame for either loss. He had his part sure, but he was far from THE reason the Texans lost to the Hawks.

"I always said I wanted to play for one team, and to be able to play for the Houston Texans for the rest of my career, it's a tremendous honor." -Andre Johnson
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #44
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What??? Bernie Kosar doesn't want any of this?
Bernie was drunk when we called him. He kept muttering something about his oline being at fault
Old 10-02-2013   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Bernie was drunk when we called him. He kept muttering something about his oline being at fault

I thought he was too busy blaming his father and family.

When does Ryan Leaf get released on parole?
Old 10-02-2013   #46
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I thought he was too busy blaming his father and family.

When does Ryan Leaf get released on parole?
I bet Tebow would be excited about the opportunity.

See.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #47
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
So Seattle dismantled the 9ers, and the Texans were carving up the Hawks, but you think beating the 9ers is a long shot? You people are really tripping. Is there a reason that TJ Yates was drafted where he was, and that Keenum went undrafted? Foster is the exception, not the rule. Schaub has the team around him, and the skills to beat the 9ers IMO.

The Texans are 2-2 and all of you act as if the team is 0-4 and the season is lost. Get a grip on your emotions people. Did you read the Ravens board last season all year? Sounded pretty much the same as here today. Just goes to show that fans have no idea what they are talking about and let their emotions control their opinions. I am sure the Texans have a better team outlook than most of you and still support Schaub. I am all for starting out slow and peaking at the right time to finish strong. We have tried the fast start thing several times, and where has it gotten us?

This season is far from lost and like it or not, Schaub is not the one to blame for either loss. He had his part sure, but he was far from THE reason the Texans lost to the Hawks.
Hard to talk sense to a mob. I agree with everything you posted, well done.
Old 10-02-2013   #48
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Hard to talk sense to a mob. I agree with everything you posted, well done.
If you remember last year we weren't playing well, but still managed to win a lot of games & rack up a lot of stats, but when we lost... we really lost. Not just against the Greenbays or the Patriots, but anytime the other team was playing for "something" they found a way to get it done & we were left with a bunch of what ifs.

I know it's easy to say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl." & odds are that he won't win in 2013. I can say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning." Odds are still on my side that it won't happen in 2013. Then Peyton could have a game like he did last year..... long story short, it's easy to be negative about any team & being that only 1 team can win...

There's really no point to my rant. Who knew the Ravens would win the Super Bowl & the Packers would be so far away?

We'll just have to see what happens.

& that's why we love this game so much.
Old 10-02-2013   #49
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Surprised Roethlisberger isn't a name that is thrown around here.

His team is crap, he is getting older, probably won't be the QB of the next great Steelers team, we know he can 'win the big one' why not chase him?

I am NOT proposing this, but it has been discussed by talking heads.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #50
Roadtrip635
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Roadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respectedRoadtrip635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeman has the physical tools, but don't think he has the mental edge it takes. Freeman might have had a chance to be a quality starter, but was going to need alot of support and proper coaching to get him there. I kind of feel bad for Freeman in a way, it seems that Schiano has gone out of his way to undermine Freeman and his confidence. Schiano seems to be acting more like some catty school girl than a HC with some of the statements and comments he's made.
Roadtrip635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #51
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do the Texans have a little over 6 mil in cap space available?

Because that's what it will take to add Freeman to the roster.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #52
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do the Texans have a little over 6 mil in cap space available?

Because that's what it will take to add Freeman to the roster.
No.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Surprised Roethlisberger isn't a name that is thrown around here.

His team is crap, he is getting older, probably won't be the QB of the next great Steelers team, we know he can 'win the big one' why not chase him?

I am NOT proposing this, but it has been discussed by talking heads.
Why didn't we know that we could get a decent OT for a 4th & 5th round pick?
Old 10-03-2013   #54
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why didn't we know that we could get a decent OT for a 4th & 5th round pick?
Because this FO never does it due diligence. I would have loved to have either one of those Tackles playing instead of Newton...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013   #55
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Because this FO never does it due diligence. I would have loved to have either one of those Tackles playing instead of Newton...
Never huh? Yeah I am sure they are sitting over there with their fingers up their butts not listening or reading any news or doing anything football related.

OR they knew the Texans didn't have cap room for the move and thought holding a press conference to satisfy fans' knowing that it was examined would be silly.
Old 10-03-2013   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
I would give Leinart a second chance before I signed Freeman, not even kidding.

A thread like this is proof that, despite all of the Schaub hate, there isn't a single better option; on or off the roster.
How do you know this?

I would say Yates played better in the playoff run than Schaub is playing now.
Old 10-03-2013   #57
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If you remember last year we weren't playing well, but still managed to win a lot of games & rack up a lot of stats, but when we lost... we really lost. Not just against the Greenbays or the Patriots, but anytime the other team was playing for "something" they found a way to get it done & we were left with a bunch of what ifs.

I know it's easy to say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl." & odds are that he won't win in 2013. I can say, "John Fox will never win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning." Odds are still on my side that it won't happen in 2013. Then Peyton could have a game like he did last year..... long story short, it's easy to be negative about any team & being that only 1 team can win...

There's really no point to my rant. Who knew the Ravens would win the Super Bowl & the Packers would be so far away?

We'll just have to see what happens.

& that's why we love this game so much.
True, how often do the teams with the best regular season records meet in the super bowl?
It's about playing your best at the end of the year and this team has the talent. Once the OL gets their act together this team will live up to expectations. I understand being snake bit after a decade of losing, but it irks me how fickle and fair weathered some people here are acting, especially notable regulars who have thrown in the towel. Damn shame if you ask me.
Old 10-03-2013   #58
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Never huh? Yeah I am sure they are sitting over there with their fingers up their butts not listening or reading any news or doing anything football related.

OR they knew the Texans didn't have cap room for the move and thought holding a press conference to satisfy fans' knowing that it was examined would be silly.
Agreed

But whose fault is it that there isn't enough cap room to make in season moves? No cap room during the season seems to be the Texans philosophy.

Meanwhile other teams are making moves getting better in season. I'm begining to belive there's no way the Texans can make a SB, much less win a SB under the current regime.
Old 10-03-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I understand being snake bit after a decade of losing, but it irks me how fickle and fair weathered some people here are acting, especially notable regulars who have thrown in the towel. Damn shame if you ask me.
I don't know if they're being fickle. There are some serious questions here. I mean our defense was pretty good last year, we returned all our starters except Glover, got Cushing back, & added EdReed/(a somewhat improved)Shilo Keo........ but we gave up 28 points to San Diego in less than 3 qtrs.....

Hello!! I don't care how good San Diego may end up being, 28 points in 3 less than 3 quarters is a lot of points.

We gave up two TD drives to Tennessee, over 80 yards (to open the game & the 98 yard drive).....

Then we're scoring in bunches out of desperation & turning the ball over.

Not a lot there saying "Super Bowl Contender" then when we lose to Baltimore as if they were the 2012 Patriots.....

We're a hair away from losing 3 straight & the play on the field, collectively, doesn't give us much confidence.

I get why people are upset. It's not about losing, it's about not looking like Denver. We might not admit it, but we all expected us to, & why not? Arian is healthy. He was held out of preseason activity to get Ben some snaps. Matt says he's feeling better than he has in some time. Ed is just being Ed. DeAndre is playing better than the most wildly optimistic Texans fan could have expected. We have got 3 healthy probowlers on the offensive line, an upgrade at the RG spot, our only weakness is at RT. We upgraded to a traditional fullback....

But we can't seem to get the pieces to work together & that falls on the head of the man that we've (I include myself) wanted to get rid of since 2010 (some even longer). So I wouldn't say fickle, it's been a long time coming.
Old 10-03-2013   #60
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Not to mention, the trade partner is a division rival, which makes the deal even less likely.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read