Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2013   #81
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
time to call Saul
Schaub needs to go to Belize?
Old 10-01-2013   #82
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 74660 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

They need to get Schaub in a dark corner and give him one of these...

Maybe THAT will wake his ass up...Literally and figuratively...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Crapatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #83
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
so in other words you're a schaub apologist.

you keep on trying to dance around the subject. just come out of the closet already. You basically outed yourself and admitted that you have plenty of historical posts defending schaub.

You want to pretend to be "cool" or "hip" by moving the goal posts and rationalizing your schaub love as "Im a schaub anti hater."

sorry not gonna work.

i see right through you.
Tell me Schaub's a great QB & I'll argue the point.

Tell me Schaub's the worst starting QB in the league & I'll argue the point.

Tell me Schaub has done nothing to make anyone believe he can win a Super Bowl & I'll agree with you.

Tell me Flacco is a better QB & I'll argue the point.

I believe Arian can be a beast. I believe Andre can still beast out. I believe we've got a beast of a defense. I believe we've got some pretty good role players on both sides of the ball.

I think Matt Schaub is one of those role players. I think Tj Yates could probably be that role player. I think Case Keenum could probably be that role player. Matt Schaub is that role player.

But I'm not a Schaub apologist. NO matter how many of my posts you see me apologizing for Schaub. You just caught me at a bad time. Back when "everybody" thought he was the best thing since sliced bread you may have mistaken me for a Schaub-hater. I've got no love for the man, only the colors he wears on Sunday. I do not hate him either, not his fault he's got two left feet.
Old 10-01-2013   #84
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

And a players only meeting happened
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-512d83853616
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #85
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-512d83853616
Arian reads this board.
Old 10-01-2013   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Arian reads this board.
Nah... this team is just so predictable.
Old 10-01-2013   #87
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Arian reads this board.
Remember his mother did actually read and post on this board.
Old 10-02-2013   #88
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
[url]http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Owen-Daniels-Garrett-Graham-react-to-players-meeting/2083d843-6cc9-4ace-9a3a-512d83853616
I'm not a huge fan of players only meetings. They normally mean it's desperation mode, but I think this one was well timed. The record isn't terrible and they've played some good ball overall.

Pure conjecture here, but I think this meeting was about unity. I've heard that some guys on the team have privately expressed frustrations. Some guys probably weren't too thrilled with some things that were going on. Guys spoke up, aired it out. Decided that the only way to be successful was if they stayed unified.

I think this was more preventative than anything.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #89
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Remember his mother did actually read and post on this board.
Yes... Yes she did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not a huge fan of players only meetings. They normally mean it's desperation mode, but I think this one was well timed. The record isn't terrible and they've played some good ball overall.

Pure conjecture here, but I think this meeting was about unity. I've heard that some guys on the team have privately expressed frustrations. Some guys probably weren't too thrilled with some things that were going on. Guys spoke up, aired it out. Decided that the only way to be successful was if they stayed unified.

I think this was more preventative than anything.
I agree with you Rey. I'm not a big fan of players only meetings but this was probably a good spot for one.
Old 10-02-2013   #90
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Come On Breh View Post
so in other words you're a schaub apologist.

you keep on trying to dance around the subject. just come out of the closet already. You basically outed yourself and admitted that you have plenty of historical posts defending schaub.

You want to pretend to be "cool" or "hip" by moving the goal posts and rationalizing your schaub love as "Im a schaub anti hater."

sorry not gonna work.

i see right through you.

And you are a Case nut hugger

I see right through you too
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #91
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79099 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
They need to get Schaub in a dark corner and give him one of these...

Maybe THAT will wake his ass up...Literally and figuratively...
This post made me think of that scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where all the guys beat the hell out of Private Pyle with socks full of soap. That's what Matt needs, a good sock beating.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #92
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
This post made me think of that scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where all the guys beat the hell out of Private Pyle with socks full of soap. That's what Matt needs, a good sock beating.
We called those "blanket parties"!
Old 10-04-2013   #93
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

This meeting was to display a show of unshakeable strength and unity. The last time the team decided on a show of strength and unity..............

.........it didn't turn out so well...............
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #94
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
This meeting was to display a show of unshakeable strength and unity. The last time the team decided on a show of strength and unity..............

Thanks Doc for that brilliant assessment!! You went to school for how many years to come up with this???

Old 10-04-2013   #95
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Thanks Doc for that brilliant assessment!! You went to school for how many years to come up with this???

Skipped 3rd grade........dang, that must be the problem.
Old 10-04-2013   #96
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I regularly listen to Koch&Kalu. They both believe team meetings are useless & that it was premature to call a team meeting at 2-2.

I think differently. First, I'd much rather they call a team meeting before they get to a 3 game losing streak, not after. Secondly, we've seen flashes of greatness & flashes of some pretty poor play. With a little, a little more effort they could be 4-0. A little less effort (again, a little) they could be 0-4.

This is the perfect time to talk about it. For the leaders to commit to each other, for the role players to commit to each other, for everyone to commit to everyone. For Antonio, Manning, & Reed to tell them where they've been, what they've seen, what it takes to get to the Super Bowl...... Reed can tell them that the Ravens weren't much different, they weren't perfect, they made mistakes.

But it's not about mistakes. It's about effort.

If you're thinking about mistakes, you're thinking about the last play, or the play before that, or the possession before the last. When you're focused on effort, your thinking about the next play. You're thinking about being the best you can be on the next play, trusting that your team mates will be the best they can be on the next play...... then all you've got to do, is your job.

Simple.
Old 10-05-2013   #97
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm committed!

Wait, you di'n't mean me did ya?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #98
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Wasn't this all Barwin's handiwork?
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #99
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Wasn't this all Barwin's handiwork?
Barwin and Cody...........but all the big boys touted their adoration for the idea.

BULL-SHIRTS DELIVERS HOUSTON TEXANS LETTERMAN JACKET SENSATION

Quote:
When Houston Texans Shaun Cody and Connor Barwin decided that custom letterman jackets would be a great way to demonstrate team unity, they had plenty of vendor choices. When they needed 70 jackets done by the Monday Night Football contest against New England just a few short weeks away, the team's Equipment Director Jay Brunetti knew there was only one choice for the speed and quality they needed.
Quote:
Defensive End J.J. Watt , a leader in the race for NFL defensive player of the year, loved the jackets and what they stand for. “I think this is really cool. I think it shows a lot about our team and the chemistry that we have, and the guys in this locker room really care about each other and I think these jackets are a great way to signify that. We’re really proud to have ‘em, and we’re excited to wear ‘em,” Watt said.

Quarterback Matt Schaub liked the message the jackets put forward. I think they’re awesome. I think it’s a really good idea that Connor and Shaun came up with as far as camaraderie amongst the guys and feeling a brotherhood," he said.
Old 10-05-2013   #100
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

What bothers me is that both the letterman jackets and this particular meeting seem to have been more for "show." Too much attention to interviews and statements by the players for "public consumption." In my opinion, if this were done solely for the benefit of the players, all of this could and should have been done and kept behind closed doors.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read