Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 09-29-2013   #21
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early 2014 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
note: limited to Senior Class only

First Round: Aaron Murray, QB Georgia, 6010 215

It's time. Texans need a fiery leader in mold of a young Drew Brees. Makes up for his lack of size with intelligence, competitive nature, mobility, strong arm with quick release, accurate both long & short. He is not afraid to throw into tight windows, has played four years in SEC with improving results learning from his experience, he is now polished & poised ready to run an NFL offense.

Second Round: Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State, 6000 200

Big, strong, physical cover corner with ideal NFL size. Competes for ball in the air, will challenge QB to throw @ him & shows excellent recovery speed. Good back peddle, fluid hips sub 4.5 long speed. Also outstanding special teams returner, holds Big- 12 record for 5 kickoff returns for touchdown.

Third Round: CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa, 6060 265

Big, physical inline blocker in mold of Mark Brunner, huge asset in pass pro will wall off pass rush. His low production & lack of targets in College may just drop his stock lower than it probably should be. Possess excellent hands, solid route runner, not explosive but very reliable & solid addition to Texan TE stable

Fourth Round: Ryan Groy, OT/OG Wisconsin, 6050 318

OL talent/depth would compete with Quessenberry who is coming off a broken foot on IR. Wade Smith may also be gone so really need to address position no later than 4th rd. Love Badger linemen, very sound fundamentally, has ability to play multiple positions, good feet/speed ratio. Could start as rookie?

Fifth Round: Devon Kennard, OLB/DE USC, 6030 255

Texans need to keep adding pass rushing talent finding a diamond in rough this late would be sweet. Kennard is third on the Trojans in tackles for loss & sacks. Red shirt last season with torn chest/pec injury, before that started for USC as middle LB so he could might be a candidate to kick back inside to ILB which I like on later round prospects that can plug & play another position of need. He made the 2009 ESPN.com Pac-10 All-Freshman first team and Sporting News Pac-10 All-Freshman first team. He won USC's John McKay Award. His farther Derek played 11 seasons in the NFL.

Sixth Round: Chris Davenport, NT Tulane, 6030 330

Highly recruited prep player who played three years for LSU. Very thankful to continue his education, articulate & a classic example of a young persons ability to make positive change in his life. Davenport may have been most known as one of the LSU players connected to the bar brawl prior to the start of the 2011 season involving then-starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson. Has prototypical size for a 3-4 nose. Run plugger up the middle with ceiling to return to form as one of nations top interior linemen.

Seventh Round: Brock Vereen, SS Minnesota, 6000 202

[size="3"]Another DB who is well coached, smart & productive (2nd most on team). Brother of New England RB Shane Vereen. Special teams gunner, durable, competitive. Someone to stash on PS or step up due to injury. Versatile safety who could play either FS or SS.
I would be very happy with this draft. A couple of things I would like to see changed, but, based off of what we know now, this looks like a very good draft.

Murray- We need a QB. Murray, while a little short, has a good arm, good mobility, and good football smarts. While he is not my first choice, I would still be excited about the pick.

Gilbert- Can't have too many CBs in today's NFL. Gibert has the size and speed and agility necessary to play at a high level. His ability to return kicks also helps quite a bit.

Fiedorowicz- Man, I hate saying this, but I don't think we need Fiedorowicz. I love him as a prospect, and think he will be really good in the NFL, but we already have OD and Graham. Furthermore, Griffin showed quite a bit of potential during the pre-season and TC. Like the player, but dislike the pick.

Groy- Can't say I know much about the guy, but I like the position. I will try to focus on him sometime.

Kennard- Again, I dont know much about the guy. We could use a pass-rusher though. Can't have too many of those, either.

Davenport- Another player I will try to watch.

Vereen- I like this pick a lot. Good call.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #22
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow I would be very upset with that draft

I see a lot of Schaub with Murray

Murray is not a 1st RD pick too me that would be a waste now 3rd-4th RD ok but not 1st Rd
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #23
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i have been really high on murray since last season but havnt seen the progression this year that i wanted. its still early so he has time to improve but im a little disappointed so far. that game against LSU shouldnt be used to say his improved the secondary play was terrible i could have throw a few TDs
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #24
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
i have been really high on murray since last season but havnt seen the progression this year that i wanted. its still early so he has time to improve but im a little disappointed so far. that game against LSU shouldnt be used to say his improved the secondary play was terrible i could have throw a few TDs
LSU typically fields some of the best db talent in the country, in other words they're stacked.

Here is what I see with Aaron Murray's progression - he has really worked hard in the film room & taken it on the field, very professional, workman like. He learns from his mistakes & does a better job defining his windows. arm strength is improved & he seems quicker with better mobility. Aaron Murray grasps the concept of being the teams field general both on & off the field, like Russell Wilson or Drew Brees - can will his team to victory

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N Randy View Post
Wow I would be very upset with that draft

I see a lot of Schaub with Murray

Murray is not a 1st RD pick too me that would be a waste now 3rd-4th RD ok but not 1st Rd
really? nothing similar other than position between the two

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 09-29-2013   #26
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I would be very happy with this draft. A couple of things I would like to see changed, but, based off of what we know now, this looks like a very good draft.

Murray- We need a QB. Murray, while a little short, has a good arm, good mobility, and good football smarts. While he is not my first choice, I would still be excited about the pick.

Gilbert- Can't have too many CBs in today's NFL. Gibert has the size and speed and agility necessary to play at a high level. His ability to return kicks also helps quite a bit.

Fiedorowicz- Man, I hate saying this, but I don't think we need Fiedorowicz. I love him as a prospect, and think he will be really good in the NFL, but we already have OD and Graham. Furthermore, Griffin showed quite a bit of potential during the pre-season and TC. Like the player, but dislike the pick.

Groy- Can't say I know much about the guy, but I like the position. I will try to focus on him sometime.

Kennard- Again, I dont know much about the guy. We could use a pass-rusher though. Can't have too many of those, either.

Davenport- Another player I will try to watch.

Vereen- I like this pick a lot. Good call.
thanks, 65. let this one ferment & grow a little on you

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 09-29-2013   #27
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LSU typically fields some of the best db talent in the country, in other words they're stacked.

Here is what I see with Aaron Murray's progression - he has really worked hard in the film room & taken it on the field, very professional, workman like. He learns from his mistakes & does a better job defining his windows. arm strength is improved & he seems quicker with better mobility. Aaron Murray grasps the concept of being the teams field general both on & off the field, like Russell Wilson or Drew Brees - can will his team to victory
not saying they dont have good prospects but in that game coverage was woeful
Old 09-29-2013   #28
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Mettenburger looked better than Murray.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #29
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans need to find out what they already have at QB on the roster. Not saying I'm against drafting a QB in Rds 1-2, but they need to find out what they've got in Yates/Keenum.

Like your mock BTW, I rate OT/Pass rushing OLB higher on the needs list.

I haven't gotten into studying the 2014 draft to much yet, but If the Texans solved their pass rushing woes Van Noy and OT Ogbuehi in rds 1-2, even if they had to trade up to the top part of Rd 2 to get my OT, I would be happy with that draft.

QB comes 1st though if Yates/Keenum aren't the answer. The Texans need to solve the QB riddle before next yrs draft.

We both mocked Bray last yr due to need. That need hasn't changed. IMHO
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #30
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans need to find out what they already have at QB on the roster. Not saying I'm against drafting a QB in Rds 1-2, but they need to find out what they've got in Yates/Keenum.
The answer is "Backup QB's"
Old 09-30-2013   #31
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
note: limited to Senior Class only

First Round: Aaron Murray, QB Georgia, 6010 215

It's time. Texans need a fiery leader in mold of a young Drew Brees. Makes up for his lack of size with intelligence, competitive nature, mobility, strong arm with quick release, accurate both long & short. He is not afraid to throw into tight windows, has played four years in SEC with improving results learning from his experience, he is now polished & poised ready to run an NFL offense.

Second Round: Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma State, 6000 200

Big, strong, physical cover corner with ideal NFL size. Competes for ball in the air, will challenge QB to throw @ him & shows excellent recovery speed. Good back peddle, fluid hips sub 4.5 long speed. Also outstanding special teams returner, holds Big- 12 record for 5 kickoff returns for touchdown.

Third Round: CJ Fiedorowicz, TE Iowa, 6060 265

Big, physical inline blocker in mold of Mark Brunner, huge asset in pass pro will wall off pass rush. His low production & lack of targets in College may just drop his stock lower than it probably should be. Possess excellent hands, solid route runner, not explosive but very reliable & solid addition to Texan TE stable

Fourth Round: Ryan Groy, OT/OG Wisconsin, 6050 318

OL talent/depth would compete with Quessenberry who is coming off a broken foot on IR. Wade Smith may also be gone so really need to address position no later than 4th rd. Love Badger linemen, very sound fundamentally, has ability to play multiple positions, good feet/speed ratio. Could start as rookie?

Fifth Round: Devon Kennard, OLB/DE USC, 6030 255

Texans need to keep adding pass rushing talent finding a diamond in rough this late would be sweet. Kennard is third on the Trojans in tackles for loss & sacks. Red shirt last season with torn chest/pec injury, before that started for USC as middle LB so he could might be a candidate to kick back inside to ILB which I like on later round prospects that can plug & play another position of need. He made the 2009 ESPN.com Pac-10 All-Freshman first team and Sporting News Pac-10 All-Freshman first team. He won USC's John McKay Award. His farther Derek played 11 seasons in the NFL.

Sixth Round: Chris Davenport, NT Tulane, 6030 330

Highly recruited prep player who played three years for LSU. Very thankful to continue his education, articulate & a classic example of a young persons ability to make positive change in his life. Davenport may have been most known as one of the LSU players connected to the bar brawl prior to the start of the 2011 season involving then-starting quarterback Jordan Jefferson. Has prototypical size for a 3-4 nose. Run plugger up the middle with ceiling to return to form as one of nations top interior linemen.

Seventh Round: Brock Vereen, SS Minnesota, 6000 202

Another DB who is well coached, smart & productive (2nd most on team). Brother of New England RB Shane Vereen. Special teams gunner, durable, competitive. Someone to stash on PS or step up due to injury. Versatile safety who could play either FS or SS.

Very impressive effort sir!

1. Murray is a polarizing figure, but I believe in him. He has SEC battle scars and is ready to lead from Day 1. I personally prefer Hundley, but I would be happy with Murray as well. There are several good QB prospects in this draft, hopefully the Texans are smart enough to get one.

2. I can see the reasoning for going CB early with the theory that KJ bolts. If you go CB, Gilbert is a strong option.

3. Looking for a Gronk?! Good idea. I think OD may be heading out next year(cap casualty along with Schaub) so getting a #3 TE is smart.

4. Im a big fan of Quessenberry and I dont think he really broke his foot. I think it was an IR move to keep him on the squad. I think Quiz takes the starting job from Smith next year. Jones and Brooks would be competing for RG spot, but Groy could grab it. I too like Badger OL. Id grab him here.

5. I like Kennard, but would really like to address the OLB spot earlier. Right now the passrush is basically Watt and Smith with Merculis sprinkled in. That MUST get better.

6. LOVE big NTs. Sadly I know the Texans wont take one, but man it woud be fun to see a big boy with Sand in his pants wearing a Texans uni on 4th and 2. Oh well, to dream I suppose!!!

7. Can he play FS? My concern is that we got Ed Reed and have nobody who can learn how to be a FS on the team. Swearinger, Pleasant, Keo, etc are all SS type of players. None of them are the ball hawking CF this team needs. Can Vereen be that man?

Overall another VERY impressive draft haul!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Thanks Doppelgänger,

For the record I posted this mock well before game time Sunday in what will be remembered for what it was an epic meltdown after three quarters of brilliant play. Also note disclaimer, this is limited to Senior class only. The Junior or redshirt sophomore class always adds a wealth of high end talent which I will include all in good time when warranted, meaning higher probability of those declaring intentions.

I really like to add players @ these positions in this specific order both from immediate impact & value standpoint. After QB finding a true cover corner with size & playmaking ability a must. How about someone with ability to jump routes & get pick 6's? TE with size who blocks like a franchise LT & can get downfield & take Red Bryant's out on boots a very definite need as well. A big red zone target doesn't hurt either, he creates mis-matches. Need OL help too but can get great value with smaller, quicker linemen who are ultra competitive & durable. USC Sam LB who could kick to ILB is also tremedous value. Could stand up & rush outside, NFL bloodlines like Vereen all seem like no brainer, IMO!

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 10-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-01-2013   #33
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

BL mock draft opinion.

1. Murray, no problem with this pick at all. Good one.
2. Gilbert, no problem here either. Good pick.
3. Fiedorowicz, I like the player but I think we have bigger needs than 3rd string TE. I'd go for an OT than can battle for the starting spot here or an OLB that pushes B. Reed to ILB.
4. Groy, I don't know anything about the player but again I'd move OT up higher on the priority list and take a Safety here, we need an upgrade in the secondary, or an OLB that possibly pushes Reed to ILB.
5, 6, 7. I don't know these players but like the positions chosen.

Good draft, my only complaint is a TE in the 3rd. I really like Fiedorowicz but we've got bigger needs at OLB, OT, and Safety than at 3rd string TE. Besides I was impressed with Griffen in TC.

JMO.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #34
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
BL mock draft opinion.

1. Murray, no problem with this pick at all. Good one.
2. Gilbert, no problem here either. Good pick.
3. Fiedorowicz, I like the player but I think we have bigger needs than 3rd string TE. I'd go for an OT than can battle for the starting spot here or an OLB that pushes B. Reed to ILB.
4. Groy, I don't know anything about the player but again I'd move OT up higher on the priority list and take a Safety here, we need an upgrade in the secondary, or an OLB that possibly pushes Reed to ILB.
5, 6, 7. I don't know these players but like the positions chosen.

Good draft, my only complaint is a TE in the 3rd. I really like Fiedorowicz but we've got bigger needs at OLB, OT, and Safety than at 3rd string TE. Besides I was impressed with Griffen in TC.

JMO.
Thanks.

Picking TE in 3rd is great value because he will be your starting TE in a couple years on the cheap. He has the potential to be elite. He has the size & strength to dominate LOS & good hands like Gonzales or Gates. New England might take a hard look @ him in 2nd? Paired with Gronk would seem almost unfair yet you feel that's not a need or good look for Texans? Like Schaub does'nt need plus protection & open lanes to throw the ball. Maybe it's just me but he would impact this team a heck of a lot more than last years 3rd rd. picks.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 10-01-2013   #35
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a huge Murray fan. His record against top competition has been poor even though he's played pretty well in big games this year. Its just something about him that doesn't make me a believer. I'm on the trade up for Boyd bandwagon myself. I don't know if there is one, but I'm starting it.

Last edited by Texn4life; 10-01-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I'm not a huge Murray fan. His record against top competition has been poor even those he's played pretty well in big games this year. Its just something about him that doesn't make me a believer. I'm on the trade up for Boyd bandwagon myself. I don't know if there is one, but I'm starting it.
I'm with you on doing what we need to do to get Boyd. The guy is a gamer and can make plays when there is little there.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #37
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I'm with you on doing what we need to do to get Boyd. The guy is a gamer and can make plays when there is little there.
Despite my Aggie homerism, I'd jump for joy if we got Boyd. In fact, I'd be happier, because we wouldn't have to deal with the media circus that comes with JM.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #38
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

so we have had now 4 or 5 mocks with us taking a QB in the 1st. realistically how likely do you think this could happen. directed at everyone but mostly at the guys who did the mocks. i dont think its very likely unless we only win like 6 games which again i dont think is likely...still optimistic of a double digit win count
Old 10-02-2013   #39
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_texan View Post
so we have had now 4 or 5 mocks with us taking a QB in the 1st. realistically how likely do you think this could happen. directed at everyone but mostly at the guys who did the mocks. i dont think its very likely unless we only win like 6 games which again i dont think is likely...still optimistic of a double digit win count
I think Kubiak pushes for a QB. Assuming Schaub continues to play like crap, Kubiak's sense of self-preservation should kick in.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
I think Kubiak pushes for a QB. Assuming Schaub continues to play like crap, Kubiak's sense of self-preservation should kick in.
^^^^
This

The Texans seem to be a day late and a dollar short when it comes to the draft.

Example, it took the Texans nearly a decade to draft a high end WR2 to go next to AJ.

Meanwhile teans like the Packers (Nelson/Jones/Driver) Pats (Givens, Patten, Welker) Steelers (Ward/A.Brown/Sanders/Wallace) Giants (Cruz/Mabbibgham) etc.... Seemed to be able to find several WR2's without having to spend a 1st rd pick.

Kubiak knows Schaub isn't the answer and will spend a 1st on a QB. Whatever the Texans most pressing need is, is what they spend their 1st rd pick on every yr. This yr will be QB, I just hope they dont take Boyd. If they want a QB like Boyd, they should just take the better version of Boyd. (Manziel)
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read