Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-20-2013   #41
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm gonna cut bowe...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Fantasy football whiner line

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
I'm gonna cut bowe...
FYI..... in a moment of weakness, I dropped Gore after a tough match-up. This was a tough match-up for Bowe. They focused on him, allowing Avery to go off. Good job by Alex Smith to find the open guy.
Old 09-20-2013   #43
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
FYI..... in a moment of weakness, I dropped Gore after a tough match-up. This was a tough match-up for Bowe. They focused on him, allowing Avery to go off. Good job by Alex Smith to find the open guy.
When playing a decent DB he gets shut down. It has always been his problem but i drafted him anyways. Its a guessing game of when to play him and when to not.

I'm not gonna cut him but he is benched until he prove playable
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #44
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is a whiner line/thread but I am thankfull for something despite my 1-1 record and mediocre point total so far...

I haven't seen the constant commercials for yahoo fantasy football featuring the irish guy in the purple suit this year. That guy has always made me want to tape a water hose to my car's exhaust pipe in a garage...
Old 09-23-2013   #45
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a score of 106.1, my opponent 100.08. He had Montee Ball left to play (ironically his team name is the "Monte Ballers"). I pulled out the win with less than two points to spare thank you based Monte Ball for fumbling.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #46
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm batting .500. 3-0 and 0-3. Sadly the later is my pay league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #47
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

I lead my league in points!!

I'm also 1-3
Old 10-01-2013   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I lead my league in points!!

I'm also 1-3
I've proposed many times in my league that we do away with divisions and head-to-head matchups and just have everyone play everyone. Top half high scores get a W, bottom half get an L.

Gets voted down every year. My team has been top 2 in points for all but one of the past 15 years.

I'm 3-1, but need to coax some upgrade trades because we're all second best to one stacked team.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #49
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I've proposed many times in my league that we do away with divisions and head-to-head matchups and just have everyone play everyone. Top half high scores get a W, bottom half get an L.

Gets voted down every year. My team has been top 2 in points for all but one of the past 15 years.

I'm 3-1, but need to coax some upgrade trades because we're all second best to one stacked team.
It's a flawed system but I still think head to head is the most fun way of doing it. Just sucks when you're the one getting the **** end of the stick.
Old 10-01-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
It's a flawed system but I still think head to head is the most fun way of doing it. Just sucks when you're the one getting the **** end of the stick.
It's part of the game. Some of us can't put together a roster good enough to score in the top half every week. But still be good enough to beat the guy we're going head to head with. Allowing us into the play-offs & possibly a toilet bowl pay-out.

Without the weekly head-to-head, a 10 team league turns into a 4 or 5 team league quick.
Old 10-06-2013   #51
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I played Tom Brady instead of Alex Smith in one league, and Tom Brady in front of Tony Romo in the other.

FML.
Old 10-06-2013   #52
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 262563 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad I played the Broncos defense this week.
Old 10-06-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Glad I played the Broncos defense this week.
I played Romo, Moreno, & Julius Thomas.
Old 10-07-2013   #54
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I played Romo, Moreno, & Julius Thomas.
Now you're rubbing it in.

Romo, I told you... that was a career game, imo.
Old 10-07-2013   #55
TexaHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

I have Roethlisraper and Schaub as QBs. QBs are minimal impact players in our league, which has 16 teams in it, which also means the only QBs available are backups.

I had to start Schaub, I had no other option.

.02 points.

I am lucky though.. 4-0 record, down by 8 points with Julio and Quiz from Atlanta. Opponent has Snelling. Might work out.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
TexaHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013   #56
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Now you're rubbing it in.

Romo, I told you... that was a career game, imo.
Old 10-07-2013   #57
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

In need of 11.28 points with Julio Jones left to play.

I'm going to be the biggest Falcons fan tonight lol
Old 10-07-2013   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaHawk View Post
...down by 8 points with Julio and Quiz from Atlanta. Opponent has Snelling. Might work out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
In need of 11.28 points with Julio Jones left to play.
Gotta like your chances w/Julio.

Quote:
Dude, my workout video was supposed to be between you & me, not for you to post on the internet.

Last edited by Playoffs; 10-07-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2013   #59
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone here play Fan Duel? Been doing it since the season started. Pretty cool picking a new fantasy team every week.

My whiner line moment there: A couple of weeks ago, had Moreno going in a game the Broncos were blowing somebody out. They pull him in the 4th because of the blowout and I fall 0.22 points shy of hitting $100. Walk away with nothing.

My regular fantasy league, I'm 0-4 coming into the week. My QB is Dalton, going against Brady, my Denver defense racks up a -8 points, and wouldn't you know, I get my 1st win of the season. Go figure.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Okay, how do I get Mike Evans on my FF team???

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read