Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2013   #1
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT)

A thread for news/notes/chatter about our upcoming Sunday night game versus the San Francisco 49ers.

--thanks to EllisUnit for the cool graphics, give him some rep
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week -- at San Francisco 49ers (7:30PM CDT)

So, in the pic, the Texans are praying to the football gods for help, and the 49ers are smelling themselves to see if they need a shower.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #3
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
So, in the pic, the Texans are praying to the football gods for help, and the 49ers are smelling themselves to see if they need a shower.
No schaub just threw a pick 6 and Kapernick is flexing and kissing his bicep, body language tells it all really
Old 10-01-2013   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, Texans are pounding the Earth's crust imposing their will on its orbit,

And Kaepernick overheard someone saying "he stinks this year", so he's checking to see if he's forgotten his monthly shower.
Old 10-01-2013   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
No, Texans are pounding the Earth's crust imposing their will on its orbit,
Can't be, they're in water. No, what I think is happening is Schaub is looking down into the water for the alligator that bit Kaepernick's hand.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 118327 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's see. Prime time. The Texans need to show the NFL they are in it for real. They should really play wee fueled by anger from past games.

I've bought this CD already, anyone want to know it ends?
Old 10-01-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think that's Schaub "bringing the thunder" see how the lightning is striking where his fists hit the ground?

& that's Kaepernick wiping the Jj juice off his lips.
Old 10-01-2013   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Check mark time:

Coaching: 49ers
QB: 49ers
RB: Texans by a Tate
WR: Texans, but kind of moot, since Schaub ignores Nuk until the 4th Q
TE: 49ers
OL: 49ers

DL: Texans, but barely
LB: 49ers in a landslide
CB: 49ers
S: 49ers

ST: 49ers
Old 10-01-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
LB: 49ers in a landslide
Looks like Patrick Willis might not play (groin) Aldon Smith is still in rehab

& Cushing is most likely going to play.....

I agree, 49ers.

:smh:
Old 10-01-2013   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check mark time:

CB: 49ers

ST: 49ers
On what basis are you giving either of these to the Niners?
Old 10-01-2013   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well played, sir!
Old 10-01-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
On what basis are you giving either of these to the Niners?
CBs: Carlos Rogers, Tarell Brown, and Asomugha are better than JJo, KJax, and McCain. The 49ers secondary was better last year and they appear to be better this year, at least based on what JJo and KJax have done so far. And I hate even thinking about McCain.

ST: I could just leave it at Joe Marciano, and that should be a sufficient answer. But consider that the Texans seldom return kicks out past the 20, despite taking it out constantly, and they never return one for a TD. The return coverage is hit and miss, between penalties and giving up the big return. The 49ers are struggling as well, but their kicker is better than ours and their punter isn't so far behind Lechler that it makes much difference. I could have said push, I suppose, so if it makes you happy, we can agree that both teams have crap ST.
Old 10-01-2013   #13
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Check mark time:

Coaching: 49ers
QB: 49ers
RB: Texans by a Tate
WR: Texans, but kind of moot, since Schaub ignores Nuk until the 4th Q
TE: 49ers
I agree with most but I think we win the TE category... Davis - hamstring and who is they second TE?
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #14
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 650 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the Texans can make a huge statement here. It looks like another prime-time pivotal game on the schedule, but I realistically have my doubts.

At the beginning of the season, I thought we would win two of these last three games (Ravens, Seahawks, 49'ers) but after what McClain calls a monumental collapse at the hands of the Seahawks, I had to change my outlook. Honestly, if we can get out of San Fran with a narrow loss and no injuries in front of another national audience, at this point I would be happy. I just cannot see us going into their stadium and pulling off a win after the way we've played thus far in the season.

Even though our defense has played respectfully the last few games, there has been very few turnovers come our way. It's time for the flip-flop where the offense is respectable and the defense hams it up. I can see Wade already...

Did you know that 9 points, yes...only 9 points have separated the Texans from being an 0-4 team?
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our D matches up well with the 9ers. Any team that runs a lot and has pass plays that take a while to develop, our d matches up well with them.

On offense, we can move the ball against anyone.

9ers are going to come out hungry at home. They need the win. We do too.

I don't know what to think of the prime time stuff. I don't buy into it really, but the record there is undeniable.

I'm giving this one to the 9ers. I think the 9ers have a more explosive offense and I think Schaub is going to play tight. 9ers get some pressure and he starts to shrink under the heat. I think he throws at least one pick this game.

35-21 9ers.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #16
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think our D matches up well with the 9ers. Any team that runs a lot and has pass plays that take a while to develop, our d matches up well with them.

On offense, we can move the ball against anyone.

9ers are going to come out hungry at home. They need the win. We do too.

I don't know what to think of the prime time stuff. I don't buy into it really, but the record there is undeniable.

I'm giving this one to the 9ers. I think the 9ers have a more explosive offense and I think Schaub is going to play tight. 9ers get some pressure and he starts to shrink under the heat. I think he throws at least one pick this game.

35-21 9ers.

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.
I'm sorry but that 35 made me laugh. Good one, man.
Old 10-01-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaLikeRightNow View Post
I hope the Texans can make a huge statement here. It looks like another prime-time pivotal game on the schedule, but I realistically have my doubts.
If we win, there is no statement. The 49ers were held to 3 points by the Seahawks & 7 by the Colts. They look more mediocre (actually plagued by injury) than anything this year. If we win.... I feel like it's going to be a "you should have won" kind of thing.

If we lose, then it's a statement by the 49ers... that they shouldn't be overlooked & they have every intention of being in the Super Bowl again.
Old 10-01-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
Quote:
The #Texans Defense is holding opponents to an NFL-best 254.3 yds/game.

Speaking of @SNFonNBC, #Texans at 49ers play-by-play/color commentary handled by Al Michaels/Cris Collinsworth.
PDS ‏@PatDStat
Quote:
Former #Ravens and #49ers LB Tavares Gooden had a workout for the Houston #Texans.

Lunch time reading. SOTT's Quarterly Review: Risers and Fallers http://www.stateofthetexans.com/quar...s-and-fallers/ … via @SOTTexans #Texans #NFL
Stephanie Stradley ‏@StephStradley
Quote:
Here's Bill Barnwell's article re: Schaub for those who want more context of Pick 6 convo @billbarnwell at @Grantland33: http://es.pn/18Fwi6a

Interested in #Texans audibles, read my 7/25/13 blog post re: Myers/Schaub comments on topic: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...talk-audibles/
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Quote:
No defensive player has made as many run stops as Brian Cushing (18). 2nd is Posluszny (17), 3rd Ahmad Brooks & J.J. Watt (15)

Lowest amount of pressure faced by quarterbacks. 1st Peyton Manning (19.3%), 2nd Andy Dalton (22.8%) & 3rd Stafford (25.8%)

Of all QBs w/at least 100 dropbacks Mike Vick has faced the most pressure (46.5%). 2nd is Russell Wilson (44.6%) & 3rd Matt Schaub (44.4%).

Last edited by Playoffs; 10-01-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-01-2013   #19
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

This is the first reason why I have no doubts they are going to physically man handle the Niners. That meeting yesterday was a come to jesus meeting holding every damn person in the locker room accountable to each other. The fact that Arian called it says a ton on its own. Arina hasn't been very vocal since he dropped twitter and started hating the media.

This team will play inspired and god help whoever stands in there way.

PERIOD.

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Eric SanInocencio ‏@EricSan
Quote:
Never would have guessed this next one either. Arian Foster leads the AFC with 292 yards rushing.

Another #Texans stat. DeAndre Hopkins leads all rookies with 270 yards receiving on 20 receptions.

Great stat nuggest -- The Texans are the only team in the NFL with a top-five offense and defense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read