Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #21
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113372 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where the game was lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The defense should have beaten the dog ISHT out of Wilson when he started running. A QB's place is IN THE POCKET. When a QB leaves the pocket he is saying:

"Hi I'm a REAL football player. Please hurt me."

When that same QB crosses the line of scrimmage he's saying:

"F-YOU defensive unit. You are a small cute cluster of kittens of whom I have NO fear. There isn't anything which you could possibly do to me."

Sorry if I'm part of a defensive unit and a QB said that to me I would sacrifice a game check and do my best to break every last one of his damned ribs. Everything on MY side of the ball belongs to me. You want an inch of this field you'll pay for it dearly.
Perhaps you missed the part where the defense could only flush Wilson out of the pocket, but took bad angles and couldn't catch him. When Wilson scrambled, he left the DL and LBs in the dust 10 yards behind him, and they were still trying to figure out which way the guy went. Mobile QBs are dangerous, and since we don't have one to practice against, we'll get burned by them.

Trying to hurt the guy isn't the answer. There's a difference between playing aggressive and playing dirty. While we sometimes lack the aggressive play, the dirty play is just not the way to go.

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #22
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
I don't have as much of a problem with the play call as I do with the actual throw, piss poor decision on Matts's part and its what you would expect out of a rookie in his first NFL game, not a veteran starter in this league.
I totally agree. I actually liked the playcall. It caught me by surprise. I think it caught everyone by surprise except for the Seahawks. Schaub has to know, in that situation, just eat the sack. I know a lot of fans hate it when Schaub eats sacks, but that's exactly what that play called for.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #23
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Where was the game lost?
Link

2nd Half / OT- Seahawks
Quote:
15:00 3 02:24 SEA 25 3 -2 Punt
08:17 3 03:15 SEA 20 6 19 Punt
04:19 3 00:25 HOU 21 4 0 Field Goal
00:11 3 07:28 SEA 2 14 98 Touchdown
06:05 4 00:52 HOU 47 3 2 Intercepted Pass
00:20 4 00:20 SEA 11 1 -1 End of Half
12:27 OT 01:49 SEA 20 4 33 Punt
06:46 OT 03:27 SEA 31 8 42 Field Goal
2nd Half / OT - Texans
Quote:
12:25 3 03:57 HOU 13 7 40 Punt
05:02 3 00:43 HOU 17 2 4 Fumble
03:54 3 03:33 HOU 20 6 29 Punt
07:43 4 00:44 HOU 20 3 -3 Punt
05:13 4 02:33 HOU 43 5 17 Intercepted Pass
02:40 4 02:12 HOU 20 7 37 Punt
15:00 OT 02:24 HOU 20 5 20 Punt
10:30 OT 03:28 HOU 13 7 27 Punt
6 punts and two turnovers? No real mystery to be solved here. The offense went in a shell and gave the game away. Schaub's turnover no more decided the game than did Tate's fumble.
Old 09-30-2013   #24
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I totally agree. I actually liked the playcall. It caught me by surprise. I think it caught everyone by surprise except for the Seahawks. Schaub has to know, in that situation, just eat the sack. I know a lot of fans hate it when Schaub eats sacks, but that's exactly what that play called for.
He should've been able to read the blitz during pre-snap reads. Call a TO since he apparently wasn't allowed to audible. Just dumb on the coach and QB

Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 23m
Kubiak says Schaub did not have the ability to audible out of the pick six play
Old 09-30-2013   #25
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He should've been able to read the blitz during pre-snap reads. Call a TO since he apparently wasn't allowed to audible. Just dumb on the coach and QB
Wtf? Schaub couldn't audible to a running play if he noticed a blitz? Somehow I call bs on Kubiak here. I would bet Kubiak is just trying to take heat off his QB with this comment.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Wtf? Schaub couldn't audible to a running play if he noticed a blitz? Somehow I call bs on Kubiak here. I would bet Kubiak is just trying to take heat off his QB with this comment.
Kubiak made no such comment.
Old 09-30-2013   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kubiak made no such comment.
Several reporters tweeted the same thing. Why would they lie?

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 17m
Kubiak says Schaub couldn't audible out of "very, very poor play"
Quote:
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli 1h
Kubiak says Schaub did not have the ability to audible out of the pick six play
Quote:
James Palmer ‏@JPalmerCSN 1h
on pick 6 play Schaub didn't have the ability to audible out of it according to Kubiak
Old 09-30-2013   #28
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Just saw it.
Old 09-30-2013   #29
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is just utter hilarity. How do you NOT give a veteran QB the ability to audible on any given play? Serious?

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #30
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 11446 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

We lost the game on Schaub first int in the red zone. Seattle only rush 2 and dropped everyone back to cover a short zone. And yet Schaub rush a throw like it was an all out blitz and he threw it into that short crowded zone where it was tip right into Seattle hands.

When the defense is only rushing 3 or less it's critical for a QB to remain patient in the pocket and survey the whole field as he will usually have time to throw when the defense trades pass rush for extra secondary coverage. Schaub should have grab a chair and sat in the pocket and took his sweet time to find an open receiver cuz Seattle only sent TWO rushers!

Folks here like to thrashed Schaub weak arm and mobility. But his biggest downfall have always been his lack of pocket-precense and foot placement.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #31
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tim Hasselbeck on Mike & Mike in the Morning today had a broader take on what happened in the loss and what were the critical mistakes the Texans made.

He explains very clearly how the play call & formation contributed to Schaub's failure. And he rightfully calls out AJ & Nuk & KJ, too.

Worth a listen, starts at ~2 minutes: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id...espnapi_public
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #32
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Its quite simple. We could not afford to lose the turnover battle AGAIN, especially against that team. We did. We lost.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #33
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I actually thought Kubiak was more aggressive than usual. Come on, admit it, on the pick 6 play, you thought they were going to hand the ball off and let the defense win the game.
ummm. i can recall off my head a few times there was a need for a 3rd down conversion to ice a game and they converted passing. denver last year, bengals in the playoffs, there has to be more i just cant remember. i was expecting a short slant/curl to od or dre.. not a rollout and a throw that reeked of "FXCK IT!!" thats what it looked like when schaub let it go as if he was like "FXCK IT!!!" into coverage where the db had a beat on it as he loaded up..
Old 09-30-2013   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Tim Hasselbeck on Mike & Mike in the Morning today had a broader take on what happened in the loss and what were the critical mistakes the Texans made.

He explains very clearly how the play call & formation contributed to Schaub's failure. And he rightfully calls out AJ & Nuk & KJ, too.

Worth a listen, starts at ~2 minutes: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id...espnapi_public
REP. Very well worth the listen.
Old 09-30-2013   #35
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 13262 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
This is just utter hilarity. How do you NOT give a veteran QB the ability to audible on any given play? Serious?
This. This right here is a huge HELLO as to why we will not get anywhere far in the playoffs. That's a loser's mentality right there.

Sad and pathetic.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #36
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Good **** bro....this combined with kubiak confirming that Schaub had no aubidle privledges seals the deal for me with kubiak.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I agree with the whole thing...
Old 09-30-2013   #38
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 2436 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Game was lost when Gary took his foot off the gas and go 5 mph under the speed limit
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILLYTEXANFAN View Post
Game was lost when Gary took his foot off the gas and go 5 mph under the speed limit
When did this happen?

If anything, he got away from his turtle tendencies. 18 passes to 13 runs in the second half.

1st possession; 4 runs, 4 passes.... the runs were working well, the last 4 snaps of the possession were sack, run for -2, incomplete, punt

2nd possession; 2 runs... the last was the fumble

3rd possession; 4 passes, 2 runs; last 4... run for -2, incomplete, incomplete, punt

4th possession; 3 passes... incomplete, sack -9, complete 6yards when we needed 17

5th possession; 4 runs, 1 pass; last 4 snaps were Foster for 5, Foster for 5, Foster for 1, pick 6

6th possession; sacked -10, Hopkins for 16, incomplete, punt
Old 10-01-2013   #40
PHILLYTEXANFAN
Veteran

Rep Power: 2436 PHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respectedPHILLYTEXANFAN is a quality contributor and well respected

My bad Thunder, force of habit, lol. Espn gamecast stinks, i was working and when i refreshed it would say 3 yd run, 1 yd run etc
PHILLYTEXANFAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read