Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2013   #181
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Heh, and hopefully no kid came to the forum while writing a paper on WW2 and saw this. That wouldn't go over too well with the teacher lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #182
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
"*****" away, but don't hold people accountable beyond what they have been responsible for. Blaming Kubiak for 50 years of frustration is ludicrous. Your misery, by the way, highlights the absurdity of fandom reducing the value of their experience down to the outcome of one game in February. That is a philosophical system destined for suffering. Not sure why people choose to approach the "fun" things in life that way.
Who says I'm not having fun bitching about it?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #183
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Heh, and hopefully no kid came to the forum while writing a paper on WW2 and saw this. That wouldn't go over too well with the teacher lol.
Pop Culture
Old 09-26-2013   #184
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
And this says it all, the Ravens got hot when it counted and won the title. Remember, the Texans beat the Ravens at Reliant pretty bad early last year and the Ravens barely made the playoffs. I don't think anyone thought they had much chance to get to the SB, much less win it. But they did!
I didn't realize that winning your Division was "barely making the playoffs"

By that standard, so did the Texans, Broncos, Pats, Niners, Falcons, Washington, Packers......

I knew they could win out and go to the SB...only hitch was Denver which we overcame.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #185
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I don't deny we have issues, no one that follows this team should deny that. However, every team has issues. That doesn't make ours any bigger than everyone else. 2-1 sure beats 0-3.

Hopefully something positive comes from this beating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Losing like THAT...especially when I live in the state, is bad. Even the damn cops at the gate were chirping in my ear this morning.
lol! man tell me about it! when the Texans skulled dragged us last season it was horrible! and even when the Broncos blasted us 2 weeks ago in our season opener on MNF, it was horrible! the media quickly threw dirt on and buried my Ravens. not realizing that there are still 15 games to go. since that opening day debacle, the Ravens defense has given up no TDs (i.e. Browns or Texans) but our offense is still playing like garbage right now. you guys play the Seahawks next right? that's a tough one to face after the Ravens but it should be a great test for your squad to see what type of team they will be this season.

good luck!
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #186
Nitrofish
Pastafarian

Rep Power: 72899 Nitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respectedNitrofish is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to Nitrofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
LOL... I guess you missed the "Animal House" reference there.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever. -Shane Falco
"Listen... Do you smell something?" -Dr. Raymond Stantz
Nitrofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #187
mmwest
Site Contributor

Section: 638 The one always standing & yelling.
Rep Power: 0 mmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respected

What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

Was it over when the French won the Alamo? ......hell no!!!!

I guess I skipped that day too........duh.
Old 09-27-2013   #188
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmwest View Post
What? Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!...

Was it over when the French won the Alamo? ......hell no!!!!

I guess I skipped that day too........duh.

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #189
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
LOL... I guess you missed the "Animal House" reference there.
This happens every time.
Old 09-27-2013   #190
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
9ers were awful for a long time just like we were and Harbaugh drafted his current QB because Alex Smith was mediocre. Harbaugh invested heavily in offensive linemen as well. Would our current Head Coach have replaced Alex Smith in the same scenario? I doubt it.
Really all Harbaugh has added is Kap, Aldon Smith who is now a mental case, Dashon Goldston who walked and a couple backup RBs.

Singletary might have done most of the heavy lifting especially on the OL with Ahmad Brooks, Aubrayo Franklin, Anthony Davis, Iupati, Crabtree, Navarro Bowman.

The Texans, and Houston in general has always been an easy going fan base. We are "OK" going from 2 wins to 6 to above .500 to making the playoffs to advancing in the playoffs to who knows what. Try doing that in a market that expects to compete for SuperBowl or bust. It just doesnt seem like something they would accept.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #191
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Really all Harbaugh has added is Kap, Aldon Smith who is now a mental case, Dashon Goldston who walked and a couple backup RBs.

Singletary might have done most of the heavy lifting especially on the OL with Ahmad Brooks, Aubrayo Franklin, Anthony Davis, Iupati, Crabtree, Navarro Bowman.
Yeah, whoever was adding the talent in San Francisco since Mike Nolan was there is the guy who should get most of the credit. Then their Strength & Conditioning guy, because they've been one of the healthier crews in the NFL.

But Harbough should get credit for doing what he did. He took a talented team to the Super Bowl. Our team was just as talented & we lost in the divisional round.
Old 09-30-2013   #192
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

Good. Not Great, Not Elite... Just Good = No Superbowl

Until a change is made in the most critical position on the team....Paper Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail.Blazr View Post
I am calm

The Ravens game went as I expected it to based on history and what I consider to be a fair assessment of this team. They continue struggle against pretenders and continue to implode against contenders. While there are exceptions to this rule, for the most part, it's spot on. Fortunately, they are a good enough team to overcome the pretenders and in the past 2 years, that has equated to becoming the reigning NFL post season paper tiger. IMHO, that comes from a poor Special Teams component and a QB that is good. Not great, not elite.. Just good. I won't get down on Matt. All QB's will make mistakes and have bad games. Tell me the last time you saw a game that made you feel Matt was the reason the Texans won? ie, he carried the team to victory? And if so, who did they play?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read