Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-30-2013   #1
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ok here it comes..Do the Texans look at aquiring Freeman? (Signed with Vikings)

before yall start with the flaming, take consideration what is going on in Tampa and what is going on here....

Freeman is on his way out, should come very cheap. He is 6'6", 240lbs, 25 years old, strong arm and is allot mobile than Schaub.

Aside all of BS, could he fit in Kubiak's system? Would it be worth a shot? With Watt and Cushing and AJ, would Freeman's attitude be a factor or could the locker room change all that?

If you are the Texans GM right now, do you think about it...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #2
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok here it comes....Do the Texans look at aquiring Josh Freeman?

Do I think about it? Yes. Right now I have very little confidence in Schaub and I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer. I don't know if Freeman fits into Kubiak's system but I think it could be worth a shot.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #3
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

For this season?

Or next?
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #4
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
For this season?

Or next?
Well get him via trade now, let him sit and learn and maybe get him in within next few weeks. How long was Jake Delhomme here before he had to start?

Not sure what Tampa would want for him, I know Freeman is looking for an extension at the end of the year.

That is the hard part, now or next year....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #5
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Do anything.
ATXtexanfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer
Now I'm not saying that one of them is the answer either. However, I would like to find out if one of them can be before we just bring in someone else's garbage. Unfortunately the stubbornness of this coaching staff will let Schaub flail about until week 12 or longer.

So we better all suck it up and hope our favorite Santa Schaub with his gift passes gets it together.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-30-2013   #8
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeman is a clubhouse cancer and apparently parties like Jacoby Jones. He isn't "Texan worthy" so I doubt he would be a good fit.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #9
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

no I think there gonna roll with Matt intill at least wk 10 then we will see how it goes we still got yates and keenum so yeah no for freeman
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Do I think about it? Yes. Right now I have very little confidence in Schaub and I'm not sure either Yates or Keenum is the answer. I don't know if Freeman fits into Kubiak's system but I think it could be worth a shot.
This one statement is where all of our team issues stem from. I don't know if Freeman would be the answer, but I think us bypassing upgrades because they don't fit this system hurts us. This system isn't good enough to win the games that matter. This system didn't win 2 Super Bowls in Denver. That was John Elway and Terrell Davis. You get HoF players and you should be able to win a SB or 2. If it weren't for Dan Reeves being the coach in the 80s the Broncos would have won a couple of more.

The team didn't look at acquiring Peyton Manning an offseason ago because Kubiak had "his" guy and Peyton wouldn't fit this system. I was hesitant in wanting Manning because I was worried if he'd come back from the surgeries. Hindsight being what it is I think we can say he's doing alright.

Scrap the coach. Scrap the system. Get players based on their abilities and adjust your game. Lute Olson was a success in UA coaching the men's basketball program for 24 years because he got great players and adapted his schemes to match his players.

We have one of the best WRs to play in the NFL in the last few decades. He has pitiful TD #s because our system doesn't call for the ball to be thrown to the WR in the endzone. In the loss at Arizona 4 years ago he wasn't even on the field during the final sequence that decided the outcome because Kubiak needed a 3rd string TE on the field.

I don't know if they should acquire Freeman. I don't know if it would matter. I don't believe all the issues are on Schaub and I don't know if any QB could come in and make a difference with Kubiak as a coach.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty sure Jeff George would like to make a come back.....
Old 09-30-2013   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand that most of you don't watch Bucs games so don't know what you are asking for here.

I will just put it this way, as much as I don't like Matt Schaub, if he were QB of the Bucs they would easily be sitting 3-1 right now.

Freeman is terribly inaccurate and apparently not very popular with team mates for whatever reason. He also has happy feet ala David Carr. Another issue with him is he is extremely inconsistent. He can look solid on one drive then like total crap on the next 3.

I take both Yates and Keenum over Freeman.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #13
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41207 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I understand that most of you don't watch Bucs games so don't know what you are asking for here.
You're right there. I haven't watched a game of theirs yet and can't recall the last time I watched them play. I didn't even watch their last game against Houston (only game not shown on TV all year).

Quote:
I will just put it this way, as much as I don't like Matt Schaub, if he were QB of the Bucs they would easily be sitting 3-1 right now.
So are the Bucs a better team than Houston then? You know, the team Schaub has cost two victories by throwing two game changing pick-6's?

Quote:

I take both Yates and Keenum over Freeman.
Good to know. Maybe Yates is the answer for this team. I can't imagine being more concerned over the QB situation than I am right now.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #14
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not ready to scrap this season, there is still plenty of time to turn it around, sitting at 2-2. I would like to see them try, something.

I believe Kubiak is still this teams biggest liability, but Schaub and a few others say he is "elite" so I say hold him to that standard. He has looked mediocre, NOT elite. If he is held to those standards and is not playing to that level. Pull him and allow someone else a chance to play.
Old 09-30-2013   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA4Texan View Post
Im not ready to scrap this season, there is still plenty of time to turn it around, sitting at 2-2. I would like to see them try, something.

I believe Kubiak is still this teams biggest liability, but Schaub and a few others say he is "elite" so I say hold him to that standard. He has looked mediocre, NOT elite. If he is held to those standards and is not playing to that level. Pull him and allow someone else a chance to play.
Kubiak and Schaub are this team's liability. Until both are gone the Texans will never win anything of significance. I have been saying this for years now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #16
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm pretty sure Jeff George would like to make a come back.....
Don't forget about David Carr. Look what's happened to the Giants since they cut him. He must be the missing ingedient for them.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't think I would seriouisly consider Josh Freeman an upgrade. However, I would not hesitate to ask Schaub to go pick him up at the airport... show him around... show him the film room... show him where the starting QBs locker is.

"I'm not saying anything Matt, I'm just saying."
Old 09-30-2013   #18
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Kubiak and Schaub are this team's liability. Until both are gone the Texans will never win anything of significance. I have been saying this for years now.
I agree that both are a liability, but I believe that the bigger difference is made if you rid yourself of Kubiak.

You rid yourself of Schaub, you still have overly conservative, "play not to lose" mentality.

I cant say BOTH need to be gone, as I believe that a HC change would make the world of difference. Just look at the Ravens for example, they took a lot of our "garbage" and made it work.

I believe a good HC could take this team, even someone like Schaub. QBs DO get much worse than Schaub. (Even though I am not for keeping him around, I just don't feel a change at "BOTH" is needed for success.)

I do believe your statement is correct in a timeline perspective however, I don't see Kubiak being removed until some point after Schaub is gone.
Old 09-30-2013   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Don't forget about David Carr. Look what's happened to the Giants since they cut him. He must be the missing ingedient for them.
Old 09-30-2013   #20
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

You know Josh Freeman is getting paid $8m+ for this year right? If you're going to replace Schaub why do it with a retread like Freeman? Just draft a guy, even if he's a first rounder the contracts aren't nearly as poisonous as they used to be.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read