Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2013   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default W-L the rest of the way

Just one question - would you be surprised at a loss in Game XYZ?

@49ers: would anyone really be surprised by a loss?

Rams: should be a win. I'd be surprised if they lose.

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?
Old 09-30-2013   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: W-L the rest of the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

@Chiefs: If this was played in Reliant, I think I'd feel a lot more comfortable saying win. Since it's in Arrowhead, and the Chiefs seem to have a handle on playing solid ball now, I wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

Colts: Colts went out to SF and punked the 49ers and have been playing well altogether. Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Cards: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Raiders: I'd be surprised by a loss.

Jags: They better damn well not lose.

Patriots: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Jags: They better damn well not lose.

@Colts: Wouldn't be surprised by a loss, especially since it's in Indy, and the Texans never win there, even when Dan Outofboundski is QB.

Broncos: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

@Tacks: wouldn't be surprised by a loss.

So I guess that means I won't be surprised if they finish up 7-9. Not predicting that, but it's a different way of looking at it, no?
The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?
Old 09-30-2013   #3
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
The hell kind of "W-L the rest of the way" thread is this, my brother?
Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.
Old 09-30-2013   #4
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 5803 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

@49ers: loss
Rams: win
@Chiefs: loss
Colts: loss
@Cards: win
Raiders: win
Jags: win of course
Patriots: loss
@Jags: win
@Colts: loss
Broncos: loss.
@Tacks: pick 'em
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just for trivia's sake...the last time a Houston NFL team won at Indy was 21 years ago in September 13, 1992.
The good news was that Warren Moon was 29 for 39 w/361 yards and 2 TD's. Great stats plus a win. Everyone happy that day.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #6
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.
Old 09-30-2013   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to win Sunday Night's game at San Francisco. That's all we really should be focusing on right now. At 2-2 we need to play better football. It really doesn't matter who the opponent is or if the game is at home or on the road. The Texans have to figure out how to not beat themselves. Until then there is really not much else to say.
Old 09-30-2013   #8
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101315 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Courtesy of my
Old 09-30-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

Quote:
I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

Quote:

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.
Old 09-30-2013   #10
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
@49ers: 2-3
Rams: 3-3
@Chiefs: 3-4
Colts: 4-4
@Cards: 5-4
Raiders: 6-4
Jags: 7-4
Patriots: 7-5
@Jags: 8-5
@Colts: 8-6
Broncos: 9-6
@Tacks: 10-6

In my heart of hearts, I know we're going to take one of these tough ones, and give back an easy one. Or get 2 tough ones, give back an easy one.
I don't think we beat the Titans, especially if they're playing for something. After the game here, they know they should have won. They'll have this game circled on their calendar. I could see them beating the Broncos if they are resting all their starters by then. If not, this team is 8-8 and out of the playoffs.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #11
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I honestly think it's too early to look too far into the season. I don't want to base what may happen in December based on what we've seen the last 4 weeks. If I had to, I wouldn't be surprised if we're 0-4 in December...

I would be surprised. These guys are talking about character & learning from adversity. a 3 game losing streak is not the kind of thing you put together if you are in fact "learning" from adversity.

It's probably more want to than anything else, but I want the Texans to be 5-2 at the bye week. If we beat San Francisco I'd be surprised if we aren't.
EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #12
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We win out the rest of the season, And you can take that **** straight to the bank

Courtesy of my
Do they sell what you're on OTC or do I need a hook up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Idle speculation meant to amuse someone, just like 99.99% of the content on this board.
LOL. MSR. I'm sure if think about I can come up with more internet letters.

That one sentence says it all. Some folks around here just don't get it. We're fans, posting on an internet message board about our opinions. Nothing more.

In any case, I agree with your listing on games I wouldn't be surprised about if they lose, but I still think the Texans win between 10-12 games this season. What I don't feel confident about any more is winning the AFCS for the 3rd year in a row. I would have bet a paycheck on that happening before yesterday, but not now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233667 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
EllisUnit, here's someone drinking your Koolaid!
If we look totally inept like the Jags, or Philly I'd call it koolaid. We're making mental mistakes... we may have a QB with something in his throat. But there was a lot of good football out there yesterday.

You want to say we can't beat the elite teams, maybe you can count San Francisco an elite team, but we've got some weak little sisters coming up in St. Louis, KC. Those are games we should win.

It's too early to call KC elite, to early to call us out.
Old 09-30-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't be surprised with 6-10. I think 9-7 is the high mark.
If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.
Old 09-30-2013   #17
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we win 10+ games it will be a testament to Kubiak. He did it last year, time for him to coach his a55 off.
Yes it would...and everyone else.

Because right now I don't think we'll beat many good teams and I see us coughing up one or two we should win.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they turn this around.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #18
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

@49ers: Prime time, 8 throws a pick six and has 5 crumplesacks L

Rams: 8 throws a pick 6, but bradford throws 2 W

@Chiefs: 9 crumplesacks and a pick 6 L

Colts: bounce back after embarassing chiefs loss W

@Cards: ****ty qb play? check. ****ty special teams? check. Patrick Peterson will be the nfc defensive and special teams player of the month L

Raiders: We'll win despite pick 6 W

Jags: whatever W

Patriots: This game will be an ass-kicking of epic proportions. L

@Jags: whatever W

@Colts: This will be an ugly game. Pick six and 8 crumplesacks. L

Broncos: Holliday will celebrate in Reliant and Von Miller will be flossing with 8 labia. L

@Tacks: They clinch wild card berth at home in this game. Embarrassing loss

That would be 7-9. This is what happens when you have a piss poor special teams and a QB who makes terrible decisions. And yet, Bob will say that Gary is my guy, and Gary will say Matt is our leader and we can win with him. Andre goes down as a receiver that never got a chance. We'll go into next year with Marciano at SP teams coordinator and 8 at qb. Welcome back to irrelevancy.
Old 09-30-2013   #20
YeaLikeRightNow
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 YeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respectedYeaLikeRightNow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I thought they were an 8-8 team before the season started but now I think we're staring another 6-10 in the face. I think that would probably be best for the team in the long run like the last time we finished 6-10. We will probably lose to SF, KC, Indy twice, NE, DEN and TEN.
I have to agree with this.

But....how can anyone envision any more wins with a QB that folds like tissue paper at the "hint" of a tackle.

For some unexplainable reason, Schaub is shell-shocked, and in comparison; at least David Carr took the hits if he wasn't scrambling.
YeaLikeRightNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read