Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013   #1081
TexaHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedTexaHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

On the pass play:

Sherman on his radio interview said that they saw that play called before in similar situations. Really, it was a lucky call. Because everyone is thinking run on that play, but Houston has used it for big gains. So they had a defense for it and if you watch the rush and Sherman, they look like they know what is coming.

Yeah, he should not have thrown it, but if Sherman is not in perfect position that play may be a TD and at minimum a first down. According to Sherm, the defense drew that play up and it worked. It ultimately ended up being a backbreaker but holding the Texans down for the half was really the story. Seattle was lucky to do that considering the success Houston had early.

Guys, I know you are down on Schaub, but when he is on, he is dangerous. It is so early. Now go into SF and beat the Whiners. CKaep is NOT as elusive as Wilson and will crumble under pressure if the outside is contained. He looks down every receiver but converts by burning the ball in there.

Let me put it to you this way, Kaep throws so hard that when JJ Swat tips a pass, it will go 50 feet in the air and get picked. The Niners have trouble with balanced teams. Even if they aren't the best, as long as they are balanced SF has trouble with them. They are not the dynamo that the media claims they are. Beating on the Rams is no big deal and SF fans think that they are all better because they handled STL. They aren't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
TexaHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1082
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaHawk View Post
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Show off.
Old 09-29-2013   #1083
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst Texan loss ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And Kubiak will get just as much heat for going conservative. The best answer is to start a QB that can handle the heat. Schaubs awareness and physical limitations keep him from doing that. Yates and Keenum don't have the physical limitation issues. I'd love to see how they do with the pressure. It's old hat as to how Schaub handles it.

Kubiak needs to be aggressive and make a change at the most important position on the team. Man up and do it, Kubes.
Very true but we should have done whatever it takes to win. In that situation and factoring in the field position, we have to trust one of the best punters of all time and our defense. This was the best game we played this season in terms of our strong pass rush. From that field position we were in, Shane Lechler would have boomed it with enough hang time to pin them inside their own 10 yard line.

The Seahawks return guy would have likely called for a fair catch. Playing conservatively would have won us an ugly but hard fought 20-13 game in regulation. All of us would have taken that and been happy with a 3-1 record going into San Francisco.

I don't want to put these games in Matt Schaub's hands late, especially when we have a Touchdown lead late in the game. Run the ball, run the ball, run the ball and punt if necessary. We're at home and the crowd noise would have carried us to a victory. The Seahawks would have probably made a few false starts, been rattled and Russell Wilson, who had a bad game throwing wise, likely is sacked, throws a pick or is ineffective with incompletions when he's not able to run.
Old 09-29-2013   #1084
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really, really want to be on the bash Matt Schaub bandwagon today, but he just threw for 355 yards & 2 TDs against a team that's only been giving up 241 total yards through 3 games, 146 through the air.
I didn't get to see the second half, rain took out my dish, so all I had to go by was 610 & the gameday thread. I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt Schaub, don't really care to defend him... but he put some yards & some points on what will probably the toughest defense we'll play all year.

My biggest question, is why do we not see this guy when we're playing the Titans, the Chargers, or a struggling undermanned Ravens?

When his back's against the wall he seems to answer the bell. Put him out with a 17 point lead against one of the best defenses in the NFL & he's a totally different player. I just don't understand it.
Don't get ate up by the stat line. Lots of QB's make big numbers and lose games. Schaub just did it the opposite way today. He made his mark during the 1st half, not garbage time in a blowout. That makes it worse, BTW. He got figured out and shut down. That happens to mediocre QB's.
Old 09-29-2013   #1085
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaHawk View Post
On the pass play:

Sherman on his radio interview said that they saw that play called before in similar situations. Really, it was a lucky call. Because everyone is thinking run on that play, but Houston has used it for big gains. So they had a defense for it and if you watch the rush and Sherman, they look like they know what is coming.
Another reason why you run on that play. Richard Sherman is arguably the best cornerback in the league right now. He shouldn't have even had a chance to make that pick six. To be honest, I put this loss on the playcalling (Kubiak called that play?). I don't blame Schaub for having limitations. The coaching is the one to blame for today's loss.
Old 09-29-2013   #1086
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Another reason why you run on that play. Richard Sherman is arguably the best cornerback in the league right now. He shouldn't have even had a chance to make that pick six. To be honest, I put this loss on the playcalling (Kubiak called that play?). I don't blame Schaub for having limitations. The coaching is the one to blame for today's loss.
I wasn't impressed by Seattle's vaunted secondary. I think they are the beneficiaries of a weak division. The NFC West has 2 good teams and two ho-hum teams. Kinda like the AFC South.

A wannabe QB like Schaub ripped that secondary for 30 minutes. It wasn;t until Seattle figured out how to pressure Schaub that they had any success. I don't fault Kubiak for his play call. I fault the players (SCHAUB) for poor execution. I'm all about aggressive play calling and going for the kill. Just have the players in place to handle that pressure.
Old 09-29-2013   #1087
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get ate up by the stat line. Lots of QB's make big numbers and lose games. Schaub just did it the opposite way today. He made his mark during the 1st half, not garbage time in a blowout. That makes it worse, BTW. He got figured out and shut down. That happens to mediocre QB's.
I'd like to at least be factual with my argument. We've got people going gaga over Collin Kaepernick & he scored 3 points against this Seattle defense. He was part of that 241 yards through 3 games.

Matt Schaub.... the Houston Texans really, but Matt was a big part of that, dropped the Seahawks out of the top 5... from #1.

People want to say Schaub can't beat the good teams, they say Matt chokes in big situations... I can get with that, I can argue that & we can find evidence of that.

but you're not going to tell me he's suffering from a LisFranc, throwing off his backfoot & he's the only QB to throw for over 300 yards on these guys. That's above their average, that's above Matt's average... that's a pretty good job.

The INTs.... not good. But when Blaine Gabbert torches these guys for 300 yards, let me know.
Old 09-29-2013   #1088
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd like to at least be factual with my argument. We've got people going gaga over Collin Kaepernick & he scored 3 points against this Seattle defense. He was part of that 241 yards through 3 games.

Matt Schaub.... the Houston Texans really, but Matt was a big part of that, dropped the Seahawks out of the top 5... from #1.

People want to say Schaub can't beat the good teams, they say Matt chokes in big situations... I can get with that, I can argue that & we can find evidence of that.

but you're not going to tell me he's suffering from a LisFranc, throwing off his backfoot & he's the only QB to throw for over 300 yards on these guys. That's above their average, that's above Matt's average... that's a pretty good job.

The INTs.... not good. But when Blaine Gabbert torches these guys for 300 yards, let me know.
A fool convinced is still a fool. Believe what you want regardless of the evidence in front of you.
Old 09-30-2013   #1089
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A fool convinced is still a fool. Believe what you want regardless of the evidence in front of you.
Likewise.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013   #1090
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Texans either jump out early and are stifled late or they struggle early and get some garbage time love.
One of the things that really upset me about last week, is that that is what we want. We want to get a 2 score lead, we want to get the run game going.... because then we've got them where we want them. We're coming after your QB & we're going to punk you into making mistakes on offense.

But it didn't happen. We had a 17 point lead, we had over 6 yards per carry.....

but we couldn't move the ball in the second half & we couldn't stop Russell Wilson.
Old 10-01-2013   #1091
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have nothing to add so.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read