Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2013   #1061
cbs1507
Veteran

Rep Power: 8662 cbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respectedcbs1507 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst Texan loss ever

I don't know about worse ever, but it's pretty bad though. I just knew we were going to win once JJ got that INT. I can't believe Matt Schaub threw that pick 6. All we needed was FG and game was sealed.
cbs1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1062
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 134405 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by robroy72 View Post
That's pathetic, sorry!
Yeah you can still use schaubs jersey to wash your car or pick up your dogs poop
Old 09-29-2013   #1063
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Seattle Seahawks @ Houston Texans. Noon. 9/29. FOX. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
Colts.
Uh, no, at 9ers on Sunday night.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1064
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub Happens again and again and again!
Old 09-29-2013   #1065
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Matt might have been a good one back in the 70's or 80's. Not now. Not in any meaningful way. You can pile up statistics with him against weak-sisters but that's about it.
I really, really want to be on the bash Matt Schaub bandwagon today, but he just threw for 355 yards & 2 TDs against a team that's only been giving up 241 total yards through 3 games, 146 through the air.

I didn't get to see the second half, rain took out my dish, so all I had to go by was 610 & the gameday thread. I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt Schaub, don't really care to defend him... but he put some yards & some points on what will probably the toughest defense we'll play all year.

My biggest question, is why do we not see this guy when we're playing the Titans, the Chargers, or a struggling undermanned Ravens?

When his back's against the wall he seems to answer the bell. Put him out with a 17 point lead against one of the best defenses in the NFL & he's a totally different player. I just don't understand it.
Old 09-29-2013   #1066
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagotexan2 View Post
Yeah you can still use schaubs jersey to wash your car
No. He can't even do that right. It'll leave scratches in your clear coat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Uh, no, at 9ers on Sunday night.
Oops. Thanks
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1067
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 7091 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I really, really want to be on the bash Matt Schaub bandwagon today, but he just threw for 355 yards & 2 TDs against a team that's only been giving up 241 total yards through 3 games, 146 through the air.

I didn't get to see the second half, rain took out my dish, so all I had to go by was 610 & the gameday thread. I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt Schaub, don't really care to defend him... but he put some yards & some points on what will probably the toughest defense we'll play all year.

My biggest question, is why do we not see this guy when we're playing the Titans, the Chargers, or a struggling undermanned Ravens?

When his back's against the wall he seems to answer the bell. Put him out with a 17 point lead against one of the best defenses in the NFL & he's a totally different player. I just don't understand it.
don't matter if his stats look good. he threw a pick 6 who was completely reading MS the whole time. No points in the second half? who's fault is this? I've been a MS fan since we've gotten him but he's declined.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1068
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
don't matter if his stats look good. he threw a pick 6 who was completely reading MS the whole time. No points in the second half? who's fault is this? I've been a MS fan since we've gotten him but he's declined.
Matt Schaub pu55ied up in the second half. He had more opportunities to win this game for us than anyone else & he repeatedly screwed the pooch.

Just saying he can put stats up against good teams as well as the weak little sisters.
Old 09-29-2013   #1069
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Every bit of this loss lies at the feet of Kubiak, and Schaub. Period
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1070
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Schaub pu55ied up in the second half. He had more opportunities to win this game for us than anyone else & he repeatedly screwed the pooch.

Just saying he can put stats up against good teams as well as the weak little sisters.
Yep ... some of it is he can't run and others he folds like a cot .
Old 09-29-2013   #1071
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt has looked the same to me for a while now. I don't really put stats at the forefront though. I'm watching these games and Matt is not a play maker, and he makes crushing mistakes.

This offense helps him put up his precious stats. This offense takes some of the pressure of being a playmaker off the qb and puts him in ideal situations with som easy throws.

But a better QB would take this team to another level. We have too much talent to be messing around with Schaub. We're playing with a handicap. And we still are pretty good.

It's not about us being good though...or good enough to get some shiny stats. It's about how much better we could be.

Let's not show up and aww shucks our way through games. Let's show up and kick the damn door down.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1072
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:

I'll tell you what happened they stopped playing zone against us, man'd up our receivers and went to work on Matt Schaub. It was only a matter of time before he folded up like a wet napkin.

Any team we face is simply going to man up and blitz us like a liquor store on a friday night, I know I would.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1073
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Right up until he can't. This season has been one long run of "Offense.....No Offense.....Wait! Offense Again!...... Never mind, it's gone now."

This system can put up stats against good teams as well as the weak sisters. Once the defense sorts out how to get into Matt's face and shut him down then they short him out and the system falls apart.

Just as before with David Carr, a QB who requires the rest of the offense to function perfectly and who can't create opportunities off-schedule is of no use to us. They get to him and he begins screwing up. Every offense screws up. Nobody scores a TD on every drive. Most drives that die short of a FG or TD die because someone makes a mistake. On a team where the QB is the one most likely to make the mistake you got real problems.

I can't imagine that Gary Kubiak thinks that the only thing Matt should do if the play doesn't go as planned is run out of the tackle box and throw the ball into the crowd on the sidelines. I really can't believe that he has laid down absolute instructions to that effect. I find myself thinking, believing if you will that Gary as much as the rest of us would like to see Matt turn a busted play into a positive gain but he almost never seems capable of doing it. The pressure comes toward him and he starts looking to the sidelines to get rid of it. Not only that but he does it earlier now than he used to. Today he was running toward the end zone and AJ and Nuk were both over there (if I ID'd them correctly) and he could have thrown it up there for one of them to make a play but no, he just threw it out of bounds.

Better safe than sorry. Want to make sure we get a FG if nothing else.

He might be the most uninspiring QB in the entire league.
Old 09-29-2013   #1074
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Right up until he can't. This season has been one long run of "Offense.....No Offense.....Wait! Offense Again!...... Never mind, it's gone now."

This system can put up stats against good teams as well as the weak sisters. Once the defense sorts out how to get into Matt's face and shut him down then they short him out and the system falls apart.

Just as before with David Carr, a QB who requires the rest of the offense to function perfectly and who can't create opportunities off-schedule is of no use to us. They get to him and he begins screwing up. Every offense screws up. Nobody scores a TD on every drive. Most drives that die short of a FG or TD die because someone makes a mistake. On a team where the QB is the one most likely to make the mistake you got real problems.

I can't imagine that Gary Kubiak thinks that the only thing Matt should do if the play doesn't go as planned is run out of the tackle box and throw the ball into the crowd on the sidelines. I really can't believe that he has laid down absolute instructions to that effect. I find myself thinking, believing if you will that Gary as much as the rest of us would like to see Matt turn a busted play into a positive gain but he almost never seems capable of doing it. The pressure comes toward him and he starts looking to the sidelines to get rid of it. Not only that but he does it earlier now than he used to. Today he was running toward the end zone and AJ and Nuk were both over there (if I ID'd them correctly) and he could have thrown it up there for one of them to make a play but no, he just threw it out of bounds.

Better safe than sorry. Want to make sure we get a FG if nothing else.

He might be the most uninspiring QB in the entire league.
MSR. Good post, man.

Schaub just doesn't have it. Time to move on.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1075
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbs1507 View Post
I don't know about worse ever, but it's pretty bad though. I just knew we were going to win once JJ got that INT. I can't believe Matt Schaub threw that pick 6. All we needed was FG and game was sealed.
For the life of me, I still can't figure out why we didn't call for a run on that play Schaub threw the pick six? We could have punted with Shane Lechler and pinned them inside the 10 yard line.

I feel our defense would have made a big stop to win the game 20-13 in regulation. The Seahawks would have needed to go the length of the field and not a lot of time left. That would have eliminated potential runs by Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks passing game was crap all game and our pass rush was more than good.

That Schaub pick six lost us the game. I'm still angry and frustrated.
Old 09-29-2013   #1076
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
For the life of me, I still can't figure out why we didn't call for a run on that play Schaub threw the pick six? We could have punted with Shane Lechler and pinned them inside the 10 yard line.

I feel our defense would have made a big stop to win the game 20-13 in regulation. The Seahawks would have needed to go the length of the field and not a lot of time left. That would have eliminated potential runs by Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch. The Seahawks passing game was crap all game and our pass rush was more than good.

Your scenario could well be right, but Wilson can still scramble and get out of bounds while moving the chains. I don't have a bit of a problem with aggressive play calling by Kubiak, I have a problem with the execution by Schaub. Kubiak calls some pretty good games. Execution is the problem.
Old 09-29-2013   #1077
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post

Kubiak was giving his qb a chance to win the game.

He now realizes he needs to not put so much on him because he obviously can't handle it.

Next time he'll go conservative. Schaub's not the guy you want to go all aggressive with.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #1078
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

He now realizes he needs to not put so much on him because he obviously can't handle it.

Next time he'll go conservative. Schaub's not the guy you want to go all aggressive with.
And Kubiak will get just as much heat for going conservative. The best answer is to start a QB that can handle the heat. Schaubs awareness and physical limitations keep him from doing that. Yates and Keenum don't have the physical limitation issues. I'd love to see how they do with the pressure. It's old hat as to how Schaub handles it.

Kubiak needs to be aggressive and make a change at the most important position on the team. Man up and do it, Kubes.
Old 09-29-2013   #1079
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
We had just scored, we were up 14-3. Cushing forces Lynch to cough up the ball, our offense is on the 18 yard line, can't punch it in.

Seattle's defense had just given up a substantial scoring drive, they're right back on the field & they hold us to a FG. This is with Andre running free in the back of the end zone, little pressure around Schaub, but he throws it away.

Of course, we had to settle for a FG later on as well.

That's 8 points we left on the field.
Old 09-29-2013   #1080
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We had just scored, we were up 14-3. Cushing forces Lynch to cough up the ball, our offense is on the 18 yard line, can't punch it in.

Seattle's defense had just given up a substantial scoring drive, they're right back on the field & they hold us to a FG.

Of course, we had to settle for a FG later on as well.

That's 8 points we left on the field.
And those 8 points are on the offense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read