Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #21
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Really???

LOL. I think some posters in here pulling this phony 'stay classy' act are liars.

You want Schaub to get hurt. Fess up and admit it. Hell, even I want him to get hurt. I'm a realist. It's the only way Kubiak replaces him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Are people really hoping Matt goes down? Unreal, grow up. It is a game. Make a change coach but fans should not wish for an injury.
Schaub's already been playing injured.........evidently, just not enough for stubborn Kubiak to admit it and go to another option.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #23
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I think you have to move to pull a hammy.
He was born without a hammy.
Old 09-29-2013   #24
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
LOL. I think some posters in here pulling this phony 'stay classy' act are liars.

You want Schaub to get hurt. Fess up and admit it. Hell, even I want him to get hurt. I'm a realist. It's the only way Kubiak replaces him.
haha, i don't want schaub hurt...

but, i want him to keep playing so we'll have a good enough draft pick to snag a real franchise qb.

in other words, schaub gives us our best chance at obtaining a franchise qb.

in other words in other words, schaub is the 3rd best QB on the roster.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #25
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Any fan wishing his teams player or any other teams player, to get hurt is a d****ebag.

revoke their fandom...end of story
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #26
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Matt Schaub to get hurt in a football game.
I want to choke slam him myself.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #27
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Mays please help us... practice starts on tuesday.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #28
chenjy9
Veteran

Rep Power: 8289 chenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respectedchenjy9 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want Schaub hurt so much as I went him on the bench or off the team at this point. Since Kubiak is not going to play another QB unless Schaub IS HURT, then I will take him getting hurt if that is what it will take. Eff Schaub...
chenjy9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #29
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

hoping for divine intervention for immediate change

vs.

being shackled by blind faith with a hopeless QB for at minimum 1 and a 1/2 year longer... wasting not only our team's age, but the fans as well

hmmmmmmmmmmm
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #30
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I don't think Schaub would be in the league at this point in his career if it werent' for Kubiak. Kubiak has made an average QB look at times like a top 15 QB. I don't think he'd be doing that for too many other coaches.

That said, Schaub is showing his ceiling and it is happening not against the Jaguars' of the league but the playoff bound teams. Schaub has done well, but I think his best days are behind him. We need to be looking elsewhere.

That said, I don't wish any harm to the guy. He needs to at the least get benched when he makes big mistakes and put someone else in.
hradhak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Schaub's already been playing injured.........evidently, just not enough for stubborn Kubiak to admit it and go to another option.
Do you still think it from the Lis Franc injury? I've been watching him pretty closely and he's throwing off his back foot a lot. You think it's due to not being able to comfortably bend his right foot and step into the throw?
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #32
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenjy9 View Post
I don't want Schaub hurt so much as I went him on the bench or off the team at this point. Since Kubiak is not going to play another QB unless Schaub IS HURT, then I will take him getting hurt if that is what it will take. Eff Schaub...
Mature post this is.
Old 09-29-2013   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Do you still think it from the Lis Franc injury? I've been watching him pretty closely and he's throwing off his back foot a lot. You think it's due to not being able to comfortably bend his right foot and step into the throw?
I've been trying to point that out all along. For those that have thrown out that he could also have a mysterious shoulder injury causing his weak and aberrant throws.......that makes no sense......If a QB has a shoulder or arm problem, he will try to push off that back foot that much harder to compensate for his weakened throws. Schaub threw off of his back foot the entire end of last season and, after a rest in the offseason/preseason, has quickly eased into throwing off his back foot more and more each game. Today, he almost "lived" on his back foot. Yes, having taken care of quite a few surgically-repaired Lisfranc injuries, I have no doubt that the Lisfranc is haunting him.
Old 09-29-2013   #34
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been trying to point that out all along. For those that have thrown out that he could also have a mysterious shoulder injury causing his weak and aberrant throws.......that makes no sense......If a QB has a shoulder or arm problem, he will try to push off that back foot that much harder to compensate for his weakened throws. Schaub threw off of his back foot the entire end of last season and, after a rest in the offseason/preseason, has quickly eased into throwing off his back foot more and more each game. Today, he almost "lived" on his back foot. Yes, having taken care of quite a few surgically-repaired Lisfranc injuries, I have no doubt that the Lisfranc is haunting him.
That bone should have been healed by now. If it is currently causing him trouble, is it soft tissue damage or is there actual re-injury to the bone? If he is putting more weight on his back leg on his throws this could very well explain his latest inaccuracies dating back to late last season...
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #35
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If Matt is playing hurt or is playing this way because that is who he is then he should sit but the blame is on Gary. Fans know that.

Last edited by gary; 09-29-2013 at 10:39 PM.
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
That bone should have been healed by now. If it is currently causing him trouble, is it soft tissue damage or is there actual re-injury to the bone? If he is putting more weight on his back leg on his throws this could very well explain his latest inaccuracies dating back to late last season...
The bone can and probably is well-healed. Chronic arthritis is not unusual following this injury. And post repair chronic pain and stiffness are both extremely common in Lisfranc fractures.
Old 09-29-2013   #37
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Today, he almost "lived" on his back foot.
& he practically carved up the best secondary in the league like a Thanksgiving Day Turducken.
Old 09-29-2013   #38
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 93451 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& he practically carved up the best secondary in the league like a Thanksgiving Day Turducken.
Until they figured out how to pressure him. Then he was carved up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Some teams make good half time adjustments. The Texans usually aren't that team when they have a half time lead.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Until they figured out how to pressure him. Then he was carved up like a Thanksgiving Turkey. Some teams make good half time adjustments. The Texans usually aren't that team when they have a half time lead.
That's not the point. If he threw for 300+ yards on a team that's only allowed 246 yards total through three games, off his backfoot that's pretty impressive. They allowed 9 points per game over the first three games, off his back foot, Schaub threw 2 TDs on them before the half.

I'm just not buying the foot being an excuse..... folding under pressure is damning enough.
Old 09-29-2013   #40
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
While also throwing 2 picks.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read