Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #21
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.
Russell Wilson did not sign a 5 year 67 million dollar contract either.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #22
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14478 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah I wish that would happen but its to early I don't think they will make a move till our season is in jeperdoy or over

but I don't think there needs to be a OWNER GM and coaches meeting

and hash out what should we do ask mcnair about job security and what not

if things go south I wonder if Kubes and Schaub are gone and then ........... wade phillps becomes our new head coach
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #23
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub shows no leadership, and even less charisma than Gary Kubiak (quite an accomplishment).

Either way, this team desperately lacks leadership (D is a different story)
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.
stats are so baseball...toughness, putting your foot down when the game is on the line, in game adjustments....now that is football. Who cares about the stat line?

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #25
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

And happy to know that even when they are getting the sh*t kicked out of them they can get up off the floor and make the plays that need to be made in a hostile environment.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #26
Yesterday
Veteran

Rep Power: 3739 Yesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respectedYesterday is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
stats are so baseball...toughness, putting your foot down when the game is on the line, in game adjustments....now that is football. Who cares about the stat line?
some stats. Some are very relevant. One must look at all numbers with relation to how much they increase our chance at winning. The pick 6 decreased our chance from about 85% to ~50%.

Russ Wilson's scrambling, etc in crunch time...his leadership...ill take that over schaub all day and twice on sundays.
Yesterday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #27
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 33080 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

On a side note we are now 3rd place in the division.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #28
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 10276 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
And happy to know that even when they are getting the sh*t kicked out of them they can get up off the floor and make the plays that need to be made in a hostile environment.
Like we did against San Diego?
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #29
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
On a side note we are now 3rd place in the division.
but we are ahead of the hated Jags! Still have never beaten the Colts at their home either...but who's counting anyway?

Old 09-29-2013   #30
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah I wish that would happen but its to early I don't think they will make a move till our season is in jeperdoy or over

but I don't think there needs to be a OWNER GM and coaches meeting

and hash out what should we do ask mcnair about job security and what not

if things go south I wonder if Kubes and Schaub are gone and then ........... wade phillps becomes our new head coach
Norg, we've already lost playoff tie-breakers to 2 potential playoff teams.........next week in an away game, that number is likely to up to 3!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #31
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 10276 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yep, only be concerned about the W/L column, becuse after all, the TDs, INTs, dropped passes, missed FGs etc..... don't really matter, they are just stats.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #32
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Norg, we've already lost playoff tie-breakers to 2 potential playoff teams.........next week in an away game, that number is likely to up to 3!
The Seahawks are in the NFC as well as the 9ers, no playoff tie breakers there Doc.
Old 09-29-2013   #33
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

I would expect our defensive ranking to start dropping & be thankful not many offenses are going to abuse us like that with the kind of pressure we put on their QB.
Old 09-29-2013   #34
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Yep, only be concerned about the W/L column, becuse after all, the TDs, INTs, dropped passes, missed FGs etc..... don't really matter, they are just stats.
my point is that people dwell on stats as a marker of a good team way too much. The ability to churn nice stats may be nice and all that but throwing for under 200 yards but coming up with big first downs and not throwing a pick6 with the game on the line is the point. Sure, having thrown for 31-of 49, 355 yards looks great statistically. I really don't give a crap about stats.

Old 09-29-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean unless it's Houston winning an ugly game.
Old 09-29-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.
I'm a little agitated at the moment & I'm being a little knee jerk as well. I did mention that I didn't see much of the game, because the rain took out my satelite. But after watching the highlights...

I'll just say I can understand if Kubiak stands by his guy.

Schaub's not my guy, I've criticized him for years. I've taken to defending him lately because some of the criticism is uncalled for, exaggerated, or unsubstantiated.

But they do need to have a team only meeting & find out who's committed to winning, & who's not.
Old 09-29-2013   #37
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
The Seahawks are in the NFC as well as the 9ers, no playoff tie breakers there Doc.
Sorry, I should have said "home field advantage."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #38
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Matt Ryan threw 5 interceptions and no TD's in last season's game against the Cardinals.

The Falcons won 23-19.

So, yeah, you're right. Scoreboard is truly the only stat that matters in the end.
Old 09-29-2013   #39
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Matt Ryan threw 5 interceptions and no TD's in last season's game against the Cardinals.

The Falcons won 23-19.

So, yeah, you're right. Scoreboard is truly the only stat that matters in the end.
My Houston Texans are undefeated when leading after 4 quarters. Stats tell part of the story but there are no asterisks for L* (We kicked their ass on the stat line).
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #40
Mr.Scarface
Rookie

Rep Power: 1715 Mr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respectedMr.Scarface is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Sorry, I should have said "home field advantage."
Umm.....Homefield advantage won't matter in the Superbowl. That would be the only way any NFC games would matter in tiebreakers.
Mr.Scarface is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read