Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Time for a players only meeting

They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.
Old 09-29-2013   #2
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for a players only meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They need to strip the C off of Schaub's jersey & kick him out of the meeting.

The remaining captains then need to go to Kubiak, tell him they'll die for him, play hard for him, won't give up on Schaub if he says the Texans aren't going to give up on Schaub... but they need some help. They want to win the Super Bowl, they feel they're close... they feel Kubiak can put together a game plan to take them all the way, even having to compensate for the shortcomings of Yates/Keenum.... but something's wrong with Schaub & they don't want to squander their opportunity trying to figure it out.
ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #3
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
ugh.. an additional week of schaub sucking and you're singing a different tune.

are you sure the defense didn't surrender too many points?

yup, just like Schaub, give him enough pressure and he folds
Old 09-29-2013   #4
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

The only meeting I want to see is one in which Schaub walks into a room and his career as a texan gets whacked out like tommy in goodfellas.
Old 09-29-2013   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Jake Plummer.

Kubiak/Shanahan took what was basically Tony Romo & made him a winner. AFC Championship game & Super Bowl contender.

Regardless what we think of Schaub I think we can all agree that we can get to an AFC Championship game with him if Kubiak/Shanahan can take Plummer to the AFC Championship game & if we can get to the AFC Championship game, there's a good chance we can get to the Super Bowl.

Right now Schaub has a better chance of winning the Super Bowl than RG3, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Michael Vick, Matt Ryan, even Colin Kaepernick. Even is he's just lucky, this is where we are.
Quote:
Nothing against CnD, but I'm seeing a better than 2011 Schaub out there. Sure enough, we'll see come January.

Schaub most likely won't do anything spectacular, we're numb to what he does, but the numbers will be there, I'm thinking even better. Right now he's dealing with protection issues & new receivers.. .Kubiak is tweaking the offense, a lot of change we're not even aware of (like the OL splits, I've never seen them that wide), so we're going to struggle & this year the group-think has decided to put it all on Schaub's shoulders & he's taking it like a man.
Quote:
I still think Schaub looks healthier than he has in a long, long time. People are goin to change the way they think about Matt Schaub. ... Schaub ain't the only one who needs a little help. He's going to take care of thatt winnning thing this year & fix the perspective on Matt Schaub.

No doubt.
Quote:
I'm stubborn & I think this is a Championship team with Schaub.
3ch
Old 09-29-2013   #6
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub

Old 09-29-2013   #7
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.
Old 09-29-2013   #8
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
i only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with watt and cushing hitting schaub

hahahahaahahahahhaahahahhaah
Old 09-29-2013   #9
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I only want a players only meeting if it ends like this, with Watt and Cushing hitting Schaub

Ok I'd settle for they too
Old 09-29-2013   #10
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agree with the meeting, especially when you consider:

1. The Seahawks gave up 476 net yards. The Texans only gave up 270.

2. Russell Wilson only passed for 123 yards.

3. TDs from pick 6's

4. Penalties that have kept drives alive for the other team.

Focus and discipline is needed throughout the entire game.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #11
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 4237 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I would make Kareem Jackson wear a Hooters outfit and bring some coffee and donuts to that meeting. His play lately has been every bit as frustrating.
Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.
Old 09-29-2013   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

time to call Saul

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
3ch
I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.
Old 09-29-2013   #14
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
I'm human.

As far as the defense goes I still don't think they should be giving up 98 yard TD scoring drives. I'll get on that tomorrow.

But yes, one week later, two ints later, another half without scoring any points later I think we need an intervention.
Good man.

It's a rare trait to admit that you were wrong these days.

Glad you are finally seeing what we've all been saying for the past year or so.
Old 09-29-2013   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I'm human.
It wasn't the human aspect I was targeting as much as the stubborn refusal to recognize reality.

Quote:
Yep, and they've given up a long drive every game, I believe. But at the end of the day, if your defense gives up 13 points in regulation and you can't outscore that, you suck as an offense. Defenses are never really going to be like the '85 Bears anymore. The rules have changed too much and the officiating favors the offense. So the defense is going to give up some points. Other offenses have taken up the slack. Schaubiak's hasn't.

Quote:
Welcome aboard the bandwagon. It's full of crappy seats. I'll stop teasing you (mostly).
Old 09-29-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Also maybe they should require all CBs to wear a restraint that causes them to always look for the ball when they are defending. Would've prevented the first points on the board today because J-Jo would be wearing it too.
It wouldn't have mattered. He was holding the receiver's jersey from the time they snapped the ball. Don't matter where he's looking, it's pass interference.

Saying, "he didn't turn his head." Is what commentators say when they're trying to convince you they know what they're talking about....... most of the time, they do. But when it starts to get cliche... chances are they spoke too soon.
Old 09-29-2013   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Haha I would love to see that happen.
Old 09-29-2013   #18
HouTx11
Veteran

Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes left in the game?

If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.
Old 09-29-2013   #19
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

HA I am in favor of ANY meeting that ends with Watt and Cushing delivering a Con-Chair-To to Schaub....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
Just a thought, but lets flip this:

How would we all feel about the Texans right now if Schaub only passed for 123 yards, the defense gave up 476 yards, and we barely won the game because of a pick 6 due to a ball that should not have been thrown with less than 3 minutes
If I am a Seattle fan, I'm pleased that we won, but I would be dissappointed with the team's performance as a whole, even the defense.
I'd feel like we felt after the chargers game. Glad we won, but

Seattle doesn't pass a lot anyways so it's not like they were expecting 350 yards from Wilson today.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read