Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Whose your scapegoat?
Kris Brown 90 81.08%
Chris Brown 14 12.61%
Chris Myers 2 1.80%
Amobi Okoye 1 0.90%
Dunta Robinson 4 3.60%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2010   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Team Scapegoat: Whose it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
I agree 100% with above. Kubiak is the PROBLEM this year. You really have to question his sanity when you consider how much he used Chis Brown, especially when he did not bring Foster in until the end.
He didn't give up on Slaton until the Buffalo game. Week 8. Which was followed up by back to back to back to back divisional must win games. We lost them all any way, so we can say it was a bad decision now, but going into those games, I wouldn't think anyone would have given a rookie a big workload.
Quote:
The major problem is how Kubiak and the WHOLE coaching staff misjudged the condition of our running backs during the off season. I am the one that started thread during draft " I want a running back". I stated Slaton was drafted to be a 3rd down back and that we got lucky and got more out of him the first season, but we still needed a REAL RB.
I'm not a draft guru, I don't know college players. But I remember many people wanted us to draft a runningback this year. When we didn't they were upset. When they found out we picked up Arian Foster & Jerimiah Johnson, the general thought was they were as good as any back available from our 2nd round pick.
Quote:
We had a chance to get BENSON but just did a half ass job of trying to sign.
Benson, I understand. But when Larry Johnson was made available at our bye week?? I can't believe all that Rick Smith talk about if he sees a player that he thinks we could use, he would sign him, & tell Kubiak later. In our situation, I can't imagine not doing everything you could to sign the big guy.
Quote:
I hope Kubiak understands EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT. Last year was our best opportunity to make the playoffs. Next year is going to be much harder.
If improvements are not made in coaching staff philosophy/thinking/intensity we will be screaming about the coaches and why the hell did we give Kubiak an extension by the 4th game of the season.

Just my opinion.
Uh... we haven't given Kubiak an extension have we?? Did I miss something?

Kubiak's livelyhood depends on how well this team plays. I can't believe you think you understand better than he does how important each game is.

To me, it doesn't matter if you make the play-offs or not, if you're not playing good football. & we weren't playing good football at the beginning of the year. The offensive line before the injuries weren't opening any holes, Steve Slaton looked slow, and our defense was giving up 450 ypg.

If we're good enough to get to the play-offs, we'll get to the play-offs. It doesn't matter how "hard" or "easy" the schedule is. I doubt the Colts are looking at next years... well, when the Colts get around to looking at next years schedule, I doubt they're going to say, "damn, we might not make the play-offs in 2010"
Old 01-10-2010   #62
Texans#1Fan
Rookie

I think Slaton needs to go! He hurt us in so many games this year. Everytime he touched the ball I held my breath hoping he would not fumble. Kris Brown should have made some of his kicks and didn't. That should not happen. You are getting paid to make field goals and you missed to many. Now, I do say that the Texans have had a better season this year with the defense stepping up after the 3rd week. But, if you are asking my vote it would be slaton!
Texans#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #63
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1Fan View Post
I think Slaton needs to go! He hurt us in so many games this year. Everytime he touched the ball I held my breath hoping he would not fumble. Kris Brown should have made some of his kicks and didn't. That should not happen. You are getting paid to make field goals and you missed to many. Now, I do say that the Texans have had a better season this year with the defense stepping up after the 3rd week. But, if you are asking my vote it would be slaton!
No I still think Slaton is a weapon. It's almost like your saying cut Matt becuase of a couple of INTs. Yeah I know those fumbles were bad but if he cleans that up he'll be a great back. Kris Brown's FGs are unexplainable he HAS to go.
Old 01-10-2010   #64
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans#1Fan View Post
I don't think Slaton needs to go. I just think we need to start using him as a 3rd down/changeup back and get an every down back in the draft.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010   #65
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Play calling.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #66
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 75856 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Trevor Ariza's jump shot.

Oh wait...Texans......gotta go with Kris Brown.

As we say in Houston..."Can't wait till next year!!!"

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010   #67
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
Gary Kubiak.
Agree but I'm going Kris Brown as it relates to Kubes. The guy killed the Texans with his misses but the staff also should have cut him. You are talking at least OT in some games with his kicks.
Old 09-28-2011   #68
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree 100% with above. Kubiak is the PROBLEM this year. You really have to question his sanity when you consider how much he used Chis Brown, especially when he did not bring Foster in until the end. With nobody on the field I think Brown would be doing good to get 10 yards before he fell down on his own. The major problem is how Kubiak and the WHOLE coaching staff misjudged the condition of our running backs during the off season. I am the one that started thread during draft " I want a running back". I stated Slaton was drafted to be a 3rd down back and that we got lucky and got more out of him the first season, but we still needed a REAL RB. We had a chance to get BENSON but just did a half ass job of trying to sign. Kubiak should be fired before the season starts if Chris Brown takes up a rooster spot. Foster is OK for a 2nd back. Slaton is an unknown. I think he has problems we don't know about. Look at history in college. Started as freshman and then was 2nd string. Moats, love the guy but he is too small. Was very evident in last couple of games when you saw Foster and Moats platooning.

If you want another problem it is our ability to put pressure on the QB. I called out Mario early in the year and got crucified. I don't care that he got in the pro bowl he still drags ass half the time. He is not an instictive driven player. He really could be something if he ever gave it his all. I am afraid though you are born with that.

Another problem and the one that may/will cost us games is the way the coaching staff calls the game. If we were in a race, this staff would slow down if we were ahead and only would run as hard as they could if they were behind. The talent level in the NFL is too close to not try your hardest all the time.

Another thing why the HELL does Kubiak wait until the last four games before he gives he speech about how much football means to him. Oh yeah that's because he doesn't understand that you need that effort for all the season every game, not just when it is practically over.

I hope Kubiak understands EVERY GAME IS IMPORTANT. Last year was our best opportunity to make the playoffs. Next year is going to be much harder.
If improvements are not made in coaching staff philosophy/thinking/intensity we will be screaming about the coaches and why the hell did we give Kubiak an extension by the 4th game of the season.

Just my opinion.
Some things never change.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #69
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprising that 4 out of 5 of those guys are gone.
Old 09-28-2011   #70
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread was started after the 2009 season. This coaching staff is SLOW to see the writing on the wall. Slaton has just now sunk in. I am beginning to maybe change my feeling about Mario a little. I now think he tries as hard as HE can but may just lack the physical ability or instincts. I have not changed my feeling about Kubiak but it is who he is. How long will we stay with KJ? This staff has history of being very slow to change or could it be that they just don't see it? Who knows if changes were made quicker maybe 2009 would have been a playoff year. I know I am living in past but Kubiak and staff just keep doing the same things that remind me of the past.
Old 09-28-2011   #71
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This thread was started after the 2009 season. This coaching staff is SLOW to see the writing on the wall. Slaton has just now sunk in. I am beginning to maybe change my feeling about Mario a little. I now think he tries as hard as HE can but may just lack the physical ability or instincts. I have not changed my feeling about Kubiak but it is who he is. How long will we stay with KJ? This staff has history of being very slow to change or could it be that they just don't see it? Who knows if changes were made quicker maybe 2009 would have been a playoff year. I know I am living in past but Kubiak and staff just keep doing the same things that remind me of the past.
i don't know of any team that gives up on 1st rounders after 1.3 seasons of play. It's usually around the 3rd year that it becomes possible for that 1st rounder to get cut & you've got to be Vernon Gholston bad to have that happen.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011   #72
gafftop
Hall of Fame

The point was not to cut Slaton then but for them to realize at the beginning of the 2009 season that maybe they got lucky on Slaton and needed to improve the running backs. This staff doesn't anticipate they react after the fact then it is too late. Cmon Chris B was going to carry load. With any improvement at running back the Texans would have made the playoffs in 2009. I know that is the past but it one instance of how this staff looks at the future.
Old 10-09-2011   #73
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I agree 100% with above. Kubiak is the PROBLEM this year. You really have to question his sanity when you consider how much he used Chis Brown, especially when he did not bring Foster in until the end. With nobody on the field I think Brown would be doing good to get 10 yards before he fell down on his own. The major problem is how Kubiak and the WHOLE coaching staff misjudged the condition of our running backs during the off season. I am the one that started thread during draft " I want a running back". I stated Slaton was drafted to be a 3rd down back and that we got lucky and got more out of him the first season, but we still needed a REAL RB. We had a chance to get BENSON but just did a half ass job of trying to sign. Kubiak should be fired before the season starts if Chris Brown takes up a rooster spot. Foster is OK for a 2nd back. Slaton is an unknown. I think he has problems we don't know about. Look at history in college. Started as freshman and then was 2nd string. Moats, love the guy but he is too small. Was very evident in last couple of games when you saw Foster and Moats platooning.

If you want another problem it is our ability to put pressure on the QB. I called out Mario early in the year and got crucified. I don't care that he got in the pro bowl he still drags ass half the time. He is not an instictive driven player. He really could be something if he ever gave it his all. I am afraid though you are born with that.

Another problem and the one that may/will cost us games is the way the coaching staff calls the game. If we were in a race, this staff would slow down if we were ahead and only would run as hard as they could if they were behind. The talent level in the NFL is too close to not try your hardest all the time.
Another thing why the HELL does Kubiak wait until the last four games before he gives he speech about how much football means to him. Oh yeah that's because he doesn't understand that you need that effort for all the season every game, not just when it is practically over.

Just my opinion.
And the beat goes on.
Old 10-09-2011   #74
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
and this
Old 10-09-2011   #75
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame Wagonhead. His existence caused the omen today.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011   #76
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Kris Brown could kick 3 50+yd FG's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011   #77
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Just my opinion.
Posted January 2010.
Has anything changed? I think our ability to put pressure on the QB is much better thanks to forcing Kubiak to hire Wade. Not the goat any more. Our running game is much improved. Not the goat anymore. That pretty much leaves Kubiak. This goat will always be around until a change is made. I don't see Kubiak changing his way of thinking.

Again posted at the end of the 2009 season. Coaching does matter.
Old 09-29-2013   #78
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Just my opinion
Do you really think Kubiak is ever going to change?
Don't count on it. This is 2010

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read