Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-29-2013   #801
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Hey Y'all come on down and play Matty's

Yeah but that would be rigged, he would always win...
Old 09-29-2013   #802
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm going to go ahead and say it and I welcome the negative rep I'll get because I know I deserve it.

I'm going to say it anyway.

We need Matt to go down with another injury. It's time to see what else we have in the pantry and the only way Gary will ever do this is if Matt can't go.
I had the exact same thought. Nothing will chance unless we see an injury
Old 09-29-2013   #803
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Players on This Team Believes in Schaub

The first step in getting better is admitting and coming to reality that a change has to be made. Schaub needs to sit. Stephen A Smith told Andre Johnson he didn't believe in their qb.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #804
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Ok Kubiak does make some bone headed calls, but is it Kubiak who throws short of the sticks ? Is it Kubiak who throws the pick 6 ? Is it Kubiak who cant get away from pressure ?

Kubiak is hard headed in his belief that Schaub is the next Elway, but Kubiak does put us in position to win most of the time.

If Schaub wasnt so scared and could step up in the pocket instead of go all fetile when he sees pressure then the plays are there. He cant step up and keep his eyes down field, we dont need a QB like wilson who can run it 25 yards on a QB draw, we just need a QB who has awarness that Schaub doesnt have anymore.

Kubiaks ONLY flaw is that he is to hard headed in his belief in Schaub, for the most part i do not question his coaching.
I agree with this.

I think Kubiak's offense would be amazing with a mobile QB.

Unfortunately you deserve to go down with the ship you built, and Kubiak seems fine with Schaub steering the ship so he deserves to go down with it. If they don't get their acts together they are going to finish 3rd in the division.
Old 09-29-2013   #805
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

We may need to take a risk by changing Schaub to our back ups? We need to be patience with our back ups but the way things are going, we may not make to the playoff and we sure ain't gonna make to SB with Schaub. So why not change? SF did last year. I am fed up with stupid INTs by Schaub.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #806
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

hes a boy amongst men..
Old 09-29-2013   #807
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Lol, don't think kubiak has ever thought Schaub is the next elway.... And what many in here don't take into account about the throwing short of the sticks thing is many of the times teams force u to do that...

Where kubiak is failing....and has been consistently been failing is getting this team to play a full damn game... We always come out flat and rally.... Or come out like gangbusters and limp to the end....how about dominating from start to finish most times? That's on the head coach..
See i dont understand this, Kubiak cannot help if the offense or defense dont execute the plays that are called. He may run more, O-line gets paid to block, and if he does call a throw Schaub is paid to make the pass and the WRs are paid to catch the ball. These guys are the ones not executing, and since Schaub is the QB he gets the blame for the execution, especially with his every game pick 6.
Old 09-29-2013   #808
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know how Kubiak can come out supporting Schaub right now.

The job of the Houston Texans is going to be trying to quite the Schaub talk & move on. There's no way to explain it.
Old 09-29-2013   #809
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Ex-Texans Derrick Ward comment on Schaub

Brian Cushing pretty much admitting it last week

Arian Foster face/body language after Schaub pick 6 today

I feel it's getting more obvious how his teammates truly feel about this klutz
And u are which player on the team? Can't see how u can say that unless you are in fact in the locker room and on the team...
Mr teX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #810
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
And u are which player on the team? Can't see how u can say that unless you are in fact in the locker room and on the team...
He was quoting former Texan RB Ward
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #811
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66299 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we may actually see a change at QB. We are getting to the point that Kubiak is now going to take some heat when Schaub screws up. There have been plenty of signs that it is time to move on and if Kubiak can't see that, it's on him. I think Kubiak likes Schaub alot, but don't think he will put his own job on the line for him.

It's time to move on, even Kubiak has to see that now.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #812
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I'm going to go ahead and say it and I welcome the negative rep I'll get because I know I deserve it.

I'm going to say it anyway.

We need Matt to go down with another injury. It's time to see what else we have in the pantry and the only way Gary will ever do this is if Matt can't go.
im with you, schaub is fools gold.. a trip to the IR would force kubiaks hand..
Old 09-29-2013   #813
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
We may need to take a risk by changing Schaub to our back ups?
That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Being our "best option" & everything through practice is one thing, but to come out & play like this (even against the #2 defense in the league) is something else.

He needs to ride the bench & if he is the guy Kubiak thinks he is, he'll rise to the occasion & win the job on an NFL field. Tj get's hurt, or plays poorly... that's the time to throw Schaub out there to win his job back.
Old 09-29-2013   #814
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
im with you, schaub is fools gold.. a trip to the IR would force kubiaks hand..
i'm afraid this will only give the texans an excuse to bring him back next season... "he was hurt", etc....
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #815
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Either one of the backup QBs would have made that run that club foot attempted. Honestly I still am in shock he thought he could do that.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #816
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know how Kubiak can come out supporting Schaub right now.

The job of the Houston Texans is going to be trying to quite the Schaub talk & move on. There's no way to explain it.
now you're coming around...
Old 09-29-2013   #817
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
hes a boy amongst men..
That's not really the problem..........

CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #818
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think we may actually see a change at QB. We are getting to the point that Kubiak is now going to take some heat when Schaub screws up. There have been plenty of signs that it is time to move on and if Kubiak can't see that, it's on him. I think Kubiak likes Schaub alot, but don't think he will put his own job on the line for him.

It's time to move on, even Kubiak has to see that now.
I think he gets another week at least.

I think there is A LOT of pressure, especially since the Colts and Titans are actually good teams this year.
Old 09-29-2013   #819
SchaubApologist
Veteran

kubes is the only one that still believes in him.. and that's all that matters
Old 09-29-2013   #820
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
now you're coming around...
He's falling on the sword hard right now.

Kubiak taking one for the whole team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read