Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013   #741
silvrhand
Site Contributor
 
silvrhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Porte, TX
Section: 135J 5-8
Age: 39
Posts: 2,348
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Not sure where you got your numbers. ESPN has:

23 behind LOS
63 1-10
35 11-20
7 20+

So 67% 10 or less yards in the air (that may be some of the number difference but this is more indicative of the QB play). But is that ouch?

Flacco 66.4%
Rodgers 70.5%
Manning 67%
non-Peyton 61.4%
Brady 70%
Big Ben 56%
Ryan 72%
Dalton 71%

Would appear not to be. The only two QBs with significantly lower percentages have a combined record this season of 0-6.
PFF stats, which if you include QBR rating from ESPN, it gets even worse. Then you look at his average yard per pass and it shows we just aren't simply getting the ball down the field.

Part of it Andre doesn't have the speed anymore to take the top off the coverage, and is not more of a possession receiver. We really didn't get a speed guy in the draft and I do like DeAndre but he's still not a burner that creates space between the deep zones and the LB's for Schaub to exploit which is his favorite target area.

My personal view is that we have seen the best of Matt, and he's going downhill, if another game or two like the previous two you have to pull him. We have Superbowl talent all around him, we just can't seem to get it done.
__________________
Vance Joseph I was wrong, enjoying the slice of humble pie I've been served.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #742
silvrhand
Site Contributor
 
silvrhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Porte, TX
Section: 135J 5-8
Age: 39
Posts: 2,348
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

To make things worse, he's far worse under pressure or when getting blitzed, and if any DC starts to see this trend more and more this year you can pretty much dial up the blitz all the time.

Passing under pressure
Pressure Drop-backs Runs Att. Com. Com. % Yds Yds / Att. TD INT Sk NFL QB Rating Pff.com Rating
No pressure 75 0 75 57 76.0 469 6.3 5 2 0 102.6 5.1
Plays under pressure 60 0 53 28 52.8 369 7.0 1 2 7 65.7 -1.7
When not blitzed 78 0 75 55 73.3 466 6.2 3 1 3 96.9 5.0
When blitzed 57 0 53 30 56.6 372 7.0 3 3 4 73.8 -1.6
All Plays 135 0 128 85 66.4 838 6.5 6 4 7 87.3 3.4
__________________
Vance Joseph I was wrong, enjoying the slice of humble pie I've been served.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #743
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,556
Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
PFF stats, which if you include QBR rating from ESPN, it gets even worse. Then you look at his average yard per pass and it shows we just aren't simply getting the ball down the field.

Part of it Andre doesn't have the speed anymore to take the top off the coverage, and is not more of a possession receiver. We really didn't get a speed guy in the draft and I do like DeAndre but he's still not a burner that creates space between the deep zones and the LB's for Schaub to exploit which is his favorite target area.

My personal view is that we have seen the best of Matt, and he's going downhill, if another game or two like the previous two you have to pull him. We have Superbowl talent all around him, we just can't seem to get it done.
Classic know when to hold know when to fold epilogue.

Personally, I'm tired of his folding.
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #744
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 45
Posts: 9,744
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
PFF stats, which if you include QBR rating from ESPN, it gets even worse. Then you look at his average yard per pass and it shows we just aren't simply getting the ball down the field.

Part of it Andre doesn't have the speed anymore to take the top off the coverage, and is not more of a possession receiver. We really didn't get a speed guy in the draft and I do like DeAndre but he's still not a burner that creates space between the deep zones and the LB's for Schaub to exploit which is his favorite target area.

My personal view is that we have seen the best of Matt, and he's going downhill, if another game or two like the previous two you have to pull him. We have Superbowl talent all around him, we just can't seem to get it done.
We may well have seen the ceiling for Schaub, but the WCOis tailor made for guys like AJ and Dhop. Rice matched up better with AJ than just about any other receiver in the league. Speed is good but running a 3.8 means jack **** if you aren't carrying the rock.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #745
silvrhand
Site Contributor
 
silvrhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Porte, TX
Section: 135J 5-8
Age: 39
Posts: 2,348
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
We may well have seen the ceiling for Schaub, but the WCOis tailor made for guys like AJ and Dhop. Rice matched up better with AJ than just about any other receiver in the league. Speed is good but running a 3.8 means jack **** if you aren't carrying the rock.
Speed absolutely matters when stretching the zone defense, otherwise they just sit on top of the first 20 yards and you have no open receivers.
__________________
Vance Joseph I was wrong, enjoying the slice of humble pie I've been served.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #746
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 36,382
Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Speed absolutely matters when stretching the zone defense, otherwise they just sit on top of the first 20 yards and you have no open receivers.
I agree with this, but we've never been a vertical, seven step drop offense. Jacoby took the top off defenses for a while here & he's never been as fast as Andre, or DeAndre, or Posey, or Martin. Kubiak can get these guys wide open & they'll get major YAC, safeties will have to play deeper to stay in front of them.

But Schaub does have to throw the ball.

I also don't think Schaub is going to get benched if he throws another interception. Most of what's not going right, is not Schaub. Sure he's not making things happen like a Kaepernick (2-2 with two poor offensive performances) but he's "playing well" within the system.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #747
hradhak
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,606
Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But Schaub does have to throw the ball.

I also don't think Schaub is going to get benched if he throws another interception. Most of what's not going right, is not Schaub. Sure he's not making things happen like a Kaepernick (2-2 with two poor offensive performances) but he's "playing well" within the system.
He's not going to get benched unless he's hurt. But I think there comes a point when something needs to change. Change the playcalling, change the run-pass mix, etc. What frustrates me so much about this team is that we don't really seem to gameplan differently against teams.

I was really excited last year against the Broncos when we identified a weakness in their secondary and exploited it several times. We need to be playing more aggressively if we want to beat teams like the Hawks and bring several new plays when we go up against the elite teams.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #748
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,535
Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree with this, but we've never been a vertical, seven step drop offense. Jacoby took the top off defenses for a while here & he's never been as fast as Andre, or DeAndre, or Posey, or Martin. Kubiak can get these guys wide open & they'll get major YAC, safeties will have to play deeper to stay in front of them.

But Schaub does have to throw the ball.

I also don't think Schaub is going to get benched if he throws another interception. Most of what's not going right, is not Schaub. Sure he's not making things happen like a Kaepernick (2-2 with two poor offensive performances) but he's "playing well" within the system.
You can't expect YAC when your QB only seems to throw jump-up balls, behind his receivers, high passes, come back routes, almost hit-the-ground passes and into multiple coverage (especially when there are obvious alternatives present).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #749
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,942
Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Was going to start a new thread , but it all comes back to Schaub anyhow ... so here's my thoughts:


This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.

Its obvious to me that Gary understands what he has at the QB position .....

Over the last 8-10 games including the last few & playoffs last season , the QB hasn't been able to execute the game plan and rather than being a positive or net zero , that QB has hurt the teams chances.

I noticed against the Tinbreds that Schaub's play action fakes weren't up to the standards we are accustomed to ... I really think this is telling of a greater issue. It could be the accumulation of injuries to the shoulder & feet or it could be lacking trust in the OL having to turn his back to the defense.

When I look at the throws Schaub is making (or not) , its easy to see he isn't near as accurate with his location as he was in the past ... I think that is pointing to those injuries being a bigger deal than we are led to believe.


Is Schaub damaged goods or is the OL the problem ?! .... He should be performing to a higher standard in an offense designed around him being kept clean.
__________________



I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #750
DocBar
Hall of Fame
 
DocBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: I'm international
Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Age: 45
Posts: 9,744
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
He's not going to get benched unless he's hurt. But I think there comes a point when something needs to change. Change the playcalling, change the run-pass mix, etc. What frustrates me so much about this team is that we don't really seem to gameplan differently against teams.

I was really excited last year against the Broncos when we identified a weakness in their secondary and exploited it several times. We need to be playing more aggressively if we want to beat teams like the Hawks and bring several new plays when we go up against the elite teams.
Where's Tonya Harding and her boyfriend when we need them??

Seriously though, I'm frustrated with the game planning a lot of times, too. Kubiak get's hard headed and wants to impose his will and run the ball regardless of the circumstances.

The success of a lot of his plays rely on the defense not know if it's a pass or a run because they start out the same. That can work great against a very aggressive or undisciplined defense, but not so much against disciplined ones that don't bite on play action fakes. Kubiak seems to be unwilling or unable to change it up on a regular basis.
__________________
“Of course, if one ignores contradictory observations, one can claim to have an ‘elegant’ or ‘robust’ theory. But it isn’t science.”
— Halton Arp
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #751
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 36,382
Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
You can't expect YAC when your QB only seems to throw jump-up balls, behind his receivers, high passes, come back routes, almost hit-the-ground passes and into multiple coverage (especially when there are obvious alternatives present).
Yet the Texans seem to be among the league leaders in YAC.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #752
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 36,382
Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.
What offense isn't?
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #753
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame
 
CloakNNNdagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 16,535
Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Was going to start a new thread , but it all comes back to Schaub anyhow ... so here's my thoughts:


This entire offense is designed to keep the QB clean , from a strong running game to the play action stuff where they take their shots .... Masking the QB's weaknesses while taking advantage of what he has historically done well.

Its obvious to me that Gary understands what he has at the QB position .....

Over the last 8-10 games including the last few & playoffs last season , the QB hasn't been able to execute the game plan and rather than being a positive or net zero , that QB has hurt the teams chances.

I noticed against the Tinbreds that Schaub's play action fakes weren't up to the standards we are accustomed to ... I really think this is telling of a greater issue. It could be the accumulation of injuries to the shoulder & feet or it could be lacking trust in the OL having to turn his back to the defense.

When I look at the throws Schaub is making (or not) , its easy to see he isn't near as accurate with his location as he was in the past ... I think that is pointing to those injuries being a bigger deal than we are led to believe.


Is Schaub damaged goods or is the OL the problem ?! .... He should be performing to a higher standard in an offense designed around him being kept clean.
It is becoming evident to many now that Schaub is throwing off of his back foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
He throws off his back foot a lot on the short to intermediate passes and he doesn't have the arm strength to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That's because he doesn't have a healthy back foot to push off of..........a problem that effects both strength of throw (especially in tight spaces) and accuracy (again, especially in tight spaces).
Stop to really think this out. If a QB's problem is based on a shoulder problem, in order to compensate weaker strength of throws, he will always try to compensate by pushing off even more forcibly with his back foot.........he will never end up throwing off of his back foot!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #754
nut
All Pro
 
nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 556
Rep Power: 166 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub needs to be sat down

He is a time bomb waiting to go off every time he plays now. I don't care if Toro takes the helm. Schaub is done. His confidence is shattered and irrepairable.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #755
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame
 
WolverineFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,970
Rep Power: 114716 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

It's not just Schaub. Don't get me wrong, he's horrible, but the next QB is still handcuffed by Kubiak's inept playcalling.
__________________
"Those who stay will be champions."

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #756
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame
 
Lurvinator11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Woodlands/ Huntsville
Section: My Couch
Posts: 1,478
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub has to go.

Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him. Despite the fact that he played a good game, he still makes an awful throw that puts us into overtime. We should be celebrating a victory right now, but now it's tied going into OT. Schaub may throw the game winning TD pass, but as of right now we need to find a replacement for him next season. Draft a QB high, I don't care. He isn't the answer, and needs to go.
__________________
Texans 19 Cowboys 10. Played on my 10th birthday. Lifelong fan.

Mallet: The Texas Hammer!
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #757
Trap_Star
SiteContributor
 
Trap_Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: xvideo
Age: 29
Posts: 4,765
Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

Matty Pick Six
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #758
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,964
Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

I agree....that last 1.....that was just bad.....apart from that, our defense shouldn't just fall apart when Cushing goes out either......
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #759
JamesBill
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 369
Rep Power: 8317 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub needs to be sat down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I agree....that last 1.....that was just bad.....apart from that, our defense shouldn't just fall apart when Cushing goes out either......
It is because Wade had Mercilus on Wilson. So taking out Cushing just destroyed the game plan.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #760
htownfan32
Hall of Fame
 
htownfan32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 4,370
Rep Power: 138774 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Look, I have been a Schaub supporter for the longest time. Right now, he gives us the best chance to win. So I'm not saying we should bench him. Despite the fact that he played a good game, he still makes an awful throw that puts us into overtime. We should be celebrating a victory right now, but now it's tied going into OT. Schaub may throw the game winning TD pass, but as of right now we need to find a replacement for him next season. Draft a QB high, I don't care. He isn't the answer, and needs to go.
I say we bench him, let TJ play out the season, and then trade all our picks for first rounders and draft Johnny Manziel and Tajh Boyd and make them compete against each other in camp. Loser of the competition gets traded
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger