Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2013   #81
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 66263 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week-- home vs. Seattle

Seahawks Insider
Seahawks at Texans Keys to the Game

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photo...2-b268aafffc2e

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Has anyone looked at the NFL.com passing defensive rankings by number of sacks? I know sacks aren't the end all be all, but generally speaking, the teams with the most sacks are usually the teams with more hurries & hits.

Seattle is down there at 20, 7 sacks per game.... 3 weeks in, that's about 2 sacks a game.

We're at 16, with 8.... not much better.

Bad news, the Ravens is up there at 7 with 12.

Don't know what to think about Seattle's pass rush.
Old 09-28-2013   #83
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I'll tell you what to think about it - Derek Newton, Wade Smith, and Ryan Harris.
Old 09-28-2013   #84
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Has anyone looked at the NFL.com passing defensive rankings by number of sacks? I know sacks aren't the end all be all, but generally speaking, the teams with the most sacks are usually the teams with more hurries & hits.

Seattle is down there at 20, 7 sacks per game.... 3 weeks in, that's about 2 sacks a game.

Sacks are a bit misleading. I think pressures is a better indicator of well...pressure.
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #85
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope Brown is out this week. He's more valuable down the road. Besides, if Schaub and ST's can keep from allowing the bad guys to put easy points on the board, I think we can win this game with Harris at LT. Seattle's offense doesn't scare me all that much (and neither did Baltimores, but their offense didn't exactly light it up against us, either).

If the Texans execute well, this is a winnable game. I expect them to be fired up and ready to give the hometown fans a treat after the beat down they took in Baltimore.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #86
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Hehe I want to be all kool-aid high too but ugh the sealants look really good.
Well except for the fact that the SeaGals over the last three seasons (which -includes 2 playoff runs) are 7-17 on the road in those three seasons!

So, I'm asking, "So there's a chance"?

Old 09-28-2013   #87
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 282262 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #88
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I'll tell you what to think about it - Derek Newton, Wade Smith, and Ryan Harris.
So we can expect to see Bruce Smith, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor on Seattles defense?
Old 09-28-2013   #89
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Priscoe is picking us to win. That shocks the hell out of me. He's usually a tool about the Texans. I'm not sure how this makes me feel.
Old 09-28-2013   #90
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Priscoe is picking us to win. That shocks the hell out of me. He's usually a tool about the Texans. I'm not sure how this makes me feel.

Prisco is a known Seahawk hater. If there's even the slimmest of reasons to pick the opposing team, he will. He HATES Pete Carroll.
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #91
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
So we can expect to see Bruce Smith, Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor on Seattles defense?
No. But one thing that I'm not sure that anyone is giving much thought to...........Seattle's CBs are BIG. If Schaub tries to pull off some of his signature jump ups for AJ or Deandre, expect more picks than what we expect anyway. Both of Seattle's CBs tower at 6' 3"..........and both with nice vertical jump ability.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #92
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23432 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope the texans surprise us and win the game convincingly
Old 09-29-2013   #93
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
No. But one thing that I'm not sure that anyone is giving much thought to...........Seattle's CBs are BIG. If Schaub tries to pull off some of his signature jump ups for AJ or Deandre, expect more picks than what we expect anyway. Both of Seattle's CBs tower at 6' 3"..........and both with nice vertical jump ability.
John McLame wrote an article about this. Keep it real, bro.

BTW, 6'3 and runs good means he has stone hands when he's on defense. I'll take my chances with AJ and DHop just taking the ball away. Unless Schaub does a patented short arm after 15 yds.
Old 09-29-2013   #94
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I really hope the texans surprise us and win the game convincingly
What difference would it make? We beat the Broncos & Ravens convincingly last year... the haters are gonna hate as long as Schaub & Kubiak are here.
Old 09-29-2013   #95
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Every scenario I can come up with in my head for us to win this is something this team is not capable or willing to do. I hate this feeling...
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #96
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

According to NFL.com Offensive Line stats of QB hits given up:

Houston is #9 in QB its with 20

Seattle is #19 with 15

Baltimore is #23 with 13

Edit*** this is more what you are looking for....Houston actually had a higher % of Sacks, Hits, Hurries, etc than Baltimore did because dropped back to pass less.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/26/justin...poe-pass-rush/

Scroll to second table and you'll see Seattle, KC, Balt and Houston are 1-4 in the rankings
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013   #97
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Edit*** this is more what you are looking for....Houston actually had a higher % of Sacks, Hits, Hurries, etc than Baltimore did because dropped back to pass less.

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/09/26/justin...poe-pass-rush/

Scroll to second table and you'll see Seattle, KC, Balt and Houston are 1-4 in the rankings
Thanks... Seattle ranking that high is not exactly what I was looking for.

But yeah, that's what I was looking for.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read