Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2013   #721
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I tell you what, I will make a bet with you, I will buy YOU a Super Bowl ticket if the Texans MAKE the Super Bowl. If they dont you cut me a check for $1000.00. I'm putting my $$$$ where my mouth is. (You're getting the better of the deal $$$$ wise and the Texans should make the playoffs, so all you need is Matt to step up in big games.) Looking forward to seeing your reply soon.
that's not a money where your mouth is bet, that's taking the long odds, stacking the deck in your favor.

Make it an Afc Championship ticket for an Afc Championship game appearance or I'll cut you a check for $200 & I'm your huckleberry.
Old 09-28-2013   #722
busterspencer
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 busterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respectedbusterspencer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Matt Schaub Remember when you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Of course not. All wins are credited to anyone but Schaub/Kubiak, and all losses are directly their fault. WE GET IT!
Amen...Schaub and Kube never get any of the credit...I remember Carr and the other coach..
Old 09-28-2013   #723
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
As has been pointed out you have to explain why his completion % and yards per attempt are both high
I'm not sure why people think his yards per attempt are high? He's actually horrible for the year.

18 attempts have been 0 yards, or < LOS.
59 attempts have been > then 0 and < 9 yards.
77 attempts out of 128 attempts are less than 9 yards accounts for 60% of his passes.. Ouch.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #724
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
that's not a money where your mouth is bet, that's taking the long odds, stacking the deck in your favor.

Make it an Afc Championship ticket for an Afc Championship game appearance or I'll cut you a check for $200 & I'm your huckleberry.
You're not a true believer that Shaub is going to take the team to the SB? If NF was he would take the bet.

I tell you what, $200 bet, you win if the Texans make the AFC championship game this yr. I hope I'm paying you $$$$. LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #725
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I'm not sure why people think his yards per attempt are high? He's actually horrible for the year.

77 attempts out of 128 attempts are less than 9 yards accounts for 60% of his passes.. Ouch.

Are those stats you posted the overall distance a play covered or the distance Schaub actually threw to his receivers? YPA could seem high if there's decent YAC despite not throwing the ball deep. You know, like WCO was designed?
Old 09-28-2013   #726
rpagz3
Rookie

Schaub can't handle the pressure when the pocket collapses.
rpagz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #727
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpagz3 View Post
Schaub can't handle the pressure when the pocket collapses.
Well thank you Captain Obvious! Have anymore unknown insight to share?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #728
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224612 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post

Not sure where you got your numbers. ESPN has:

23 behind LOS
63 1-10
35 11-20
7 20+

So 67% 10 or less yards in the air (that may be some of the number difference but this is more indicative of the QB play). But is that ouch?

Flacco 66.4%
Rodgers 70.5%
Manning 67%
non-Peyton 61.4%
Brady 70%
Big Ben 56%
Ryan 72%
Dalton 71%

Would appear not to be. The only two QBs with significantly lower percentages have a combined record this season of 0-6.
Old 09-28-2013   #729
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're not a true believer that Shaub is going to take the team to the SB? If NF was he would take the bet.

I tell you what, $200 bet, you win if the Texans make the AFC championship game this yr. I hope I'm paying you $$$$. LOL
Again, this is a put my money where my mouth is bet. You suggested to put your money where your mouth is.... You've got to give me better odds to meet that criteria.
Old 09-28-2013   #730
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Compare the 2009-2010 tape to the 2012-2013 tape and tell me if you think Matt is the same guy. The rest of the team has to be perfect to carry Matt, is this the same with Manning? Monday night Manning seemed to be able to have his offense rise to the occasion despite the OL missing LT Clady and C Walton.

Time will tell who's right or wrong on this. So you have no idea if I'm wrong. I do respect the fact that you are calling your shot right now. I would hope that you respect my position. I hope you're right and Schaub gets us to a SB.

I tell you what, I will make a bet with you, I will buy YOU a Super Bowl ticket if the Texans MAKE the Super Bowl. If they dont you cut me a check for $1000.00. I'm putting my $$$$ where my mouth is. (You're getting the better of the deal $$$$ wise and the Texans should make the playoffs, so all you need is Matt to step up in big games.) Looking forward to seeing your reply soon.

Please.
No wagering.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #731
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Again, this is a put my money where my mouth is bet. You suggested to put your money where your mouth is.... You've got to give me better odds to meet that criteria.
What odds are you looking for. The Texans should make the playoffs considering the division they play in? If so, then you're telling me they aren't going to be better than they were last yr?

Where's the faith in your boy Schaubie? LOL
Old 09-28-2013   #732
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
What odds are you looking for. The Texans should make the playoffs considering the division they play in? If so, then you're telling me they aren't going to be better than they were last yr?

Where's the faith in your boy Schaubie? LOL
I'm just saying, 2 of 16 teams are going to make it to the Afc Championship game that's like 8 to 1. I'm only looking for something that pays 2 to 1. If it's a you put your money where your mouth is. You win I (or he) pays $100. If the Texans are in the Afc Championship game you pay $200
Old 09-28-2013   #733
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm just saying, 2 of 16 teams are going to make it to the Afc Championship game that's like 8 to 1. I'm only looking for something that pays 2 to 1. If it's a you put your money where your mouth is. You win I (or he) pays $100. If the Texans are in the Afc Championship game you pay $200
Lets split the difference since the Texans only have to improve 1 game over last yr for you to win. I'll give you 200 if you win for 150 I win.

BTW,I hope I lose. LOL
Old 09-28-2013   #734
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
Lets split the difference since the Texans only have to improve 1 game over last yr for you to win. I'll give you 200 if you win for 150 I win.

BTW,I hope I lose. LOL
13-3?

I don't like that bet. I'm thinking we'll be the third/fourth seed, hence my sig
Old 09-28-2013   #735
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
13-3?

I don't like that bet. I'm thinking we'll be the third/fourth seed, hence my sig
So you dont think a Schaub led team is going to make it to the AFC championship game?

Never said anything about 13-3.
Old 09-28-2013   #736
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Quote:
So you dont think a Schaub led team is going to make it to the AFC championship game?

I was a little confused about what you meant by one game better.

AFC Championship game... yeah, I'll take that bet.... Schaub or no Schaub.
Old 09-28-2013   #737
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Here's some easy money for you guys that know Schaub and Kubiak can't win a suberbowl:

I'll take the Texans at 10 to 1 to win the Superbowl. Any takers? Easy money for those so adamant that Schaub doesn't have what it takes... To make it even better, if Schaub goes down for the year with an injury, we can void the bet- since clearly, Yates or Keenum would tip the scales towards my favor.

Anyone?
Old 09-28-2013   #738
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Here's some easy money for you guys that know Schaub and Kubiak can't win a suberbowl:

I'll take the Texans at 10 to 1 to win the Superbowl. Any takers? Easy money for those so adamant that Schaub doesn't have what it takes... To make it even better, if Schaub goes down for the year with an injury, we can void the bet- since clearly, Yates or Keenum would tip the scales towards my favor.

Anyone?
Put me down for $50.

This is the last bet I'm taking.

I will gladly hand out the $$$$ if I'm wrong.

Go Texans
Old 09-28-2013   #739
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was a little confused about what you meant by one game better.

AFC Championship game... yeah, I'll take that bet.... Schaub or no Schaub.
Schaub has to start the playoff game before the AFC championship game, or the bets a push.
Old 09-28-2013   #740
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post

Anyone?
$100 on 10 to 1 odd, I'll take it.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read