Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 08-19-2004   #21
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if Parcells does leave before his contract is up and the odds are he will because that's his pattern, that it will be his choice.

Nobody talks him up more than Jerry Jones. He's absolutely a Parcells guy.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #22
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I think if Parcells does leave before his contract is up and the odds are he will because that's his pattern, that it will be his choice.

Nobody talks him up more than Jerry Jones. He's absolutely a Parcells guy.
Yeah, and Jerry really talked up Jimmy for a while until their egos became entangled. I don't think Jerry's ego has diminished any, and if there is one coach with as much an ego as Jimmy Johnson, it would be Bill Parcells.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #23
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I've read various articles about the soap opera that was "Jimmy vs Jerry" and actually Jerry realized that he let a really good coach get away due to ego.

I don't particularly like Jerry much but I do believe he is a smart businessman. I think he's poor at judging football talent but I do think behind the scenes he's very, very smart. I think he learned a lesson with Jimmy. And I've heard both say that they have patched up their friendship which actually went back to their college days.

I can't see Jerry screwing up with Bill. I think Bill will leave on his own and not because of Jerry. I also think Coach Parcells is being honest when he says he's enjoying working with Jerry.

And eventually Jerry has plans to hand the team over to his son but that may end up like the Redskins deal; I don't know. Remember that owner died and his family couldn't afford to keep the team. Jack Kent Cooke I think was his name. Maybe it's different in Texas with the estate taxes and all. I don't know how that works.
Old 08-19-2004   #24
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD
I also think Coach Parcells is being honest when he says he's enjoying working with Jerry.
Parcells is honest when his lips aren't moving.

For references ask the Jets, Patriots, and Buccaneers about Parcells and his level of honesty.
Old 08-19-2004   #25
WWJD
Hall of Fame

He has quit jobs. He has put people out. Made some enemies of owners and I guess players and certainly some fans.

But he's one coach that many players like to play for and want to play for. So who knows? Lots of people don't like Jimmy Johnson either but to others he's a wonderful person.

I've always liked the guy even though I realize he's burned bridges.

Same with Deion. I know alot of people here don't like him and that's fine but I've always liked the guy back even when he was a Falcon.

But certainly I can see why some people don't like Coach Parcells. I understand that completely.

Last edited by WWJD; 08-19-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-19-2004   #26
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH
Only firing I can recall after a good year of coaching happened to Bum Phillips.
Depends on what you consider a good year of coaching. Tony Dungy took the Buccaneers to the playoffs his last year. In fact, he was the one that turned around the image of the team.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004   #27
worgl
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan
and your still wrong on the decade thing. Playing in 2002, 2006, and 2010 means we play them THREE times in the first decade.
I would like to add that we might not play the Cowboys in 2010. The current scheduling rotation was voted on and approved by the owners through 2009. They voted to go through one 8-year cycle of each team playing each opposing conference team once home and once away.

Because the current rotation system is only guaranteed through 2009, we will play the Cowboys in 2010 only if the owners vote to extend the current rotation system or if another system is implemented that would include the Cowboys as an opponent in 2010.
Old 08-19-2004   #28
BornOrange
All Pro

I think the only way the current scheduling system gets changed is if there is expansion. This system makes so much sense, is simple to figure out, and is equitable. Under this system, you don't have scheduling anomalies like Dallas not visiting Green Bay after the Ice Bowl (1967 season) until sometime in the late 90's.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read