Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wednesday Injury Report: Texans vs. Seahawks

Pertinent changes in Injury Report:

Sharpton--Add foot to hip--DNP
JJo--Toe--DNP
Dobbins--Hamstring--DNP
AJ--Shin--DNP
Cushing-Add ankle to knee
Wade Smith-DNP
Brown--LP (one on one only, whatever that means)

HOUSTON TEXANS
Wednesday (9/25/13)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
ILB Tim Dobbins Hamstring
CB Kareem Jackson Illness
WR Andre Johnson Shin
CB Johnathan Joseph Toe
ILB Darryl Sharpton Hip/Foot
LG Wade Smith Knee

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
LT Duane Brown Toe
TE Owen Daniels Non-Injury/Rest*
TE Garrett Graham Hip/Groin
FS Ed Reed Hip

FULL PARTICIPATION
ILB Brian Cushing Knee/Ankle
RB Arian Foster Thumb
CB Brice McCain Knee/Ankle
C Chris Myers Back
RT Derek Newton Knee/Calf
WR DeVier Posey Achilles
QB Matt Schaub Ankle
RB Ben Tate Shoulder

* - Daniels was limited due to a coaches' decision to rest him on Wednesday. He is not injured.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
Wednesday (9/25/13)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
DE Michael Bennett Groin
DE Red Bryant Back
T Breno Giacomini Knee
S Jeron Johnson Hamstring
WR Jermaine Kearse Ankle
RB Marshawn Lynch Not injury related
C Max Unger Arm
RB Spencer Ware Ankle

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
DT Jordan Hill Biceps
G J.R. Sweezy Back

FULL PARTICIPATION
CB Brandon Browner Hamstring
LB Malcolm Smith Hamstring
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #2
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wednesday Injury Report: Texans vs. Seahawks

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
Quote:
(on T Duane Brown’s status) “He worked with the trainers today so that was a good thing. Moving around, did a little individual. He did not do any team stuff. I don’t know where we’ll be tomorrow. I think it’s going to be a game-time decision. It’s very sore, but he’s doing a lot better than he was last week at this time. We’ll just sit here and hope for the best and continue to prepare Ryan (Harris) to play.”

(on if T Duane Brown did not do anything beyond working with the trainers today) “He did individual and worked with the trainers. That’s all he did.”

(on any injuries) “Let me just go through all of these guys. Kareem (Jackson) did not practice. He has been sick, has an illness. Andre (Johnson) did not practice. Obviously, he’s got the sore leg. We’ll see where we’re at tomorrow. He did work with the trainers some. J. Jo (Johnathan Joseph) has a sore toe. He did not practice. Owen Daniels was rest. Wade Smith was rest. Darryl Sharpton’s foot, he was out with a sore foot. Garrett Graham was limited, I think, is the way he’s listed in practice. He did very little, but did do some things. I think that’s about it. I think I’m right.”

(on if WR Andre Johnson is considered a game-time decision) “I would think so. We’ll see where we’re at tomorrow. He did some today. I think Andre’s going to do everything he can to be there. He is very sore today. We’ll let it run its course and see how he’s feeling. Get these young guys ready to go.”

(on if CB Johnathan Joseph hurt his toe in the game on Sunday) “Yeah, he’s got a sore toe just coming out of the game. So we just kept him out today.”

(on CB Johnathan Joseph’s outlook) “I don’t know. It’s a day-to-day situation. He just didn’t practice today.”

Duane Brown

Quote:
(on if he’s worried that the toe injury could longer for a while) “The plan, the thing about is to not rush it back too much because, if I do, then it could be something could last a while. It’s recovering pretty rapidly right now. I think a little bit ahead of schedule than we previously though. I’m not too worried about it. I think I’ll be fine.”
Old 09-26-2013   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Sharpton is hurt again.

SURPRISE!

DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #4
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

If Breno sits this game out that's a huge loss for the Hawks.
Old 09-26-2013   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Hey Sharpton is hurt again.

SURPRISE!

I never would've expected that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #6
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post

Will our OLBs start getting to the QB?!
Old 09-26-2013   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Will our OLBs start getting to the QB?!
Probably not. We may need to copy the Mario Williams sucks thread and make one for the OLBs for motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2013   #8
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
The Hawks had a similar problem last year, and their backups did quite well. This year, they have brought in more backup tackles who have already shown themselves to hold their own pretty well. Their left tackle has already been put IR designated for return...............for what?..............TURF TOE. With Brown being still very limited and and still being very sore has no business being brought back this week. If he is brought back too soon, expect him to extend his injury and be out for a very prolonged period.
Old 09-26-2013   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Probably not. We may need to copy the Mario Williams sucks thread and make one for the OLBs for motivation.
I think we need to watch closer. They aren't getting sacks, but Mercy is getting his hands on the QB... it's just a matter of time.
Old 09-26-2013   #10
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Hawks had a similar problem last year, and their backups did quite well. This year, they have brought in more backup tackles who have already shown themselves to hold their own pretty well. Their left tackle has already been put IR designated for return...............for what?..............TURF TOE. With Brown being still very limited and and still being very sore has no business being brought back this week. If he is brought back too soon, expect him to extend his injury and be out for a very prolonged period.
They have backup guards filing in for both tackle spots. I have a very different view. And yet they're still better than our garbage backup tackles.
Old 09-26-2013   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Kubiak:

(on if T Duane Brown and WR Andre Johnson are still game-time decisions for Sunday) “Oh, I think so, yeah. Hopefully, we get some of these guys on the field tomorrow, but I think it’s going to be heading towards that way.”

(on if T Duane Brown has to play the entire game or if he would be willing to play him in spot duty) “We’ll play him if he can play at his level. We’re not going to put Duane in a real bad position. We’ve got to see him being capable of doing things he’s capable of doing. If he plays, he would go to play full-time. It’s not like he would play and we would pull him out every 20 plays. So we’ll see where he’s at tomorrow.”

BTW, after yesterday's only contact practice, Schaub, despite full participation in practice today (non-contact) is now listed on the Injury Report with an "ankle." You know, "The ankle bone's connected to foot bone........and the foot bone's connected to the................"

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-26-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2013   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90177 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

BTW, after yesterday's only contact practice, Schaub, despite full participation in practice today (non-contact) is now newly listed on the Injury Report with an "ankle." You know, "The ankle bone's connected to foot bone........and the foot bone's connected to the................"
Possible "out" if he plays ****ty Sunday to help him save face? Someone in another thread mentioned that scenario.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #13
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Note the OUT and QUESTIONABLE lists. And there is an addition to the injury list........Eddie Pleasant (who had a knee in preseason) has a hamstring.

HOUSTON TEXANS FRIDAY INJURY REPORT:
Quote:
OUT
ILB Tim Dobbins (DNP) Hamstring

QUESTIONABLE

LT Duane Brown (DNP) Toe
CB Kareem Jackson (Limited) Illness
WR Andre Johnson (Limited) Shin
CB Johnathan Joseph (Limited) Toe
ILB Darryl Sharpton (Limited) Hip/Foot

PROBABLE

ILB Brian Cushing (Full) Knee/Ankle
TE Owen Daniels (Full) Knee
RB Arian Foster (Full) Thumb
TE Garrett Graham (Full) Hip/Groin
CB Brice McCain (Full) Knee
C Chris Myers (Full) Back
RT Derek Newton (Full) Knee/Calf
S Eddie Pleasant (Full) Hamstring
WR DeVier Posey (Full) Achilles
FS Ed Reed (Full) Hip
QB Matt Schaub (Full) Ankle
LG Wade Smith (Limited) Knee
RB Ben Tate (Full) Shoulder
Old 09-27-2013   #14
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The Seahawks have 3 players who are on the doubtful list in the o line.
I think our only real shot at beating them is tearing up Russell Wilson early and getting him to hear footsteps. The only way we can win is a close low scoring game. If the Hawks score > 20 I think we lose.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
The Seahawks have 3 players who are on the doubtful list in the o line.
I think our only real shot at beating them is tearing up Russell Wilson early and getting him to hear footsteps. The only way we can win is a close low scoring game. If the Hawks score > 20 I think we lose.
As long as we don't spot them 14, we can hang with anybody

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read