Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2013   #61
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week-- home vs. Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
And when compared with the original graphic, where the Seahawks conceded 55 less points, you get your answer about where the problems are currently situated with this team.
Might as well take 21, even 28 pts off that total. 2 pick 6's, a pick at the goal line, and a punt return for a TD should not count against the D....
Old 09-25-2013   #62
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 3178 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Goony Birds 34
Toros 0
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #63
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 29450 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Goony Birds 34
Toros 0
I hate to say it, but this is exactly how I see it. Our completely inept offense is somehow supposed right the ship against the league's best defense that is only allowing 9 points per game? I just can't see it happening.
Old 09-25-2013   #64
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 11712 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Drew Dougherty ‏@DoughertyDrew
"Kubiak: Reed, Bouye had INT's today in practice. Usually when it happens in practices, it translates to games. #Texans"
... and someone had to throw those....
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #65
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzO View Post
... and someone had to throw those....
Reed was taking scout team snaps..... Buoys isn't a starter, so that means it must have been.....
Old 09-25-2013   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh.......... I expect a loss.

The question is this:
Will the Texans show up and play a good game, or will they look as lousy as they did against Baltimore?

Over/Under on the "Booooooooos!!!"?

1st or 2nd quarter?

3rd quarter???

Someone call a line. For me it will be the first 3 and out IN the first quarter!
Old 09-25-2013   #67
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I expect them boys on Kirby to show up & do what they do. They're going to win, but there's going to be a "glaring" weakness or two. We'll expose a glaring weakness or two in the Seahags as well... how else can we beat them? But that's not important, we're only worried about festering our thoughts on how perfect we are not.

I'm not going to make a sarcastic prediction, using Flacco's elite status & the wide open offense designed by CamCameron/JimCaldwell. I find that confuses some of my TT brothers.

In short, we's gonna spank that azz!

Last edited by thunderkyss; 09-26-2013 at 10:46 AM. Reason: changed their to they're
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #68
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I expect them boys on Kirby to show up & do what they do. Their going to win, but there's going to be a "glaring" weakness or two. We'll expose a glaring weakness or two in the Seahags as well... how else can we beat them? But that's not important, we're only worried about festering our thoughts on how perfect we are not.

I'm not going to make a sarcastic prediction, using Flacco's elite status & the wide open offense designed by CamCameron/JimCaldwell. I find that confuses some of my TT brothers.

In short, we's gonna spank that azz!
TK, I love your enthusiasm brother!!!

Although, from what we've seen, you suffer from a bit of:

Kind of weird coming from me though... I tend to suffer from: myself!!
Old 09-26-2013   #69
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
TK, I love your enthusiasm brother!!!

Although, from what we've seen, you suffer from a bit of:

Kind of weird coming from me though... I tend to suffer from: myself!!
Hehe I want to be all kool-aid high too but ugh the sealants look really good.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150820 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Hehe I want to be all kool-aid high too but ugh the sealants look really good.
They looked really good against the Jags & the 9ers. We know about the Jags & the 9ers aren't looking so hot. The Seahawks looked like JAT (just another team) against the Panthers.

They put their pants on one leg at a time, just like Jj Watt.
Old 09-26-2013   #71
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61034 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6D_hw-Xvk

Never forget
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #72
Big52Hurt
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Big52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respectedBig52Hurt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post
I think the good guys pull this one out. Remember last year when the Packers kicked our teeth in and the next week we smashed the Ravens by 30. They'll play better.
so the thought is that this time around....it was the Ravens that kicked your teeth in and winning by 21 (holding them to 3 FGs) so that means that the Texans will smash the Seahawks? i don't know about that one man. the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!
Big52Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #73
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big52Hurt View Post
so the thought is that this time around....it was the Ravens that kicked your teeth in and winning by 21 (holding them to 3 FGs) so that means that the Texans will smash the Seahawks? i don't know about that one man. the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!
Totally. And when you have injuries such as a hobbled AJ and our best O lineman by far not present, that on the road when you throw picks/give up defensive/special teams tds that the game can get out of hand rather easy... Just like last year. Would you agree?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #74
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21706 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

When the Texans are known as a soft Country Club team and practices are closer to playing Flag Football vs Seattle who practice and tackle like they want to go to the Super Bowl it looks like it will be a long day for the Country Club folks.

In addition the Texans still are having difficulty with teams playing over .500 football and I don't foresee any changes.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #75
HouTx11
Veteran

Rep Power: 2075 HouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respectedHouTx11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big52Hurt View Post
the Texans played great against us last year but you guys seem to forget that we had no Ray Lewis or Lardarius Webb on defense and Suggs was just coming back from his ACL tear. at least give us that! lol!
Given. Meanwhile, the Texans were without Brian Cushing.
HouTx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #76
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans seem to commonly leave their CBs AND their safeties manned up on an island while the rest of the team blitzes. We got burned last week and with the type of QB we're going to face this week, toast will not be a word referring to what they had for breakfast. KJ again can't turn around, JJo can't keep up, the others many times aren't even in the screen shots, and Ed Reed has still not gotten word from the league concerning his request for a one-time equipment exemption for a motorized wheelchair. Something's got to change drastically, not only with the offense, but also definitely with defense.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013   #77
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The Texans seem to commonly leave their CBs AND their safeties manned up on an island while the rest of the team blitzes. We got burned last week and with the type of QB we're going to face this week, toast will not be a word referring to what they had for breakfast. KJ again can't turn around, JJo can't keep up, the others many times aren't even in the screen shots, and Ed Reed has still not gotten word from the league concerning his request for a one-time equipment exemption for a motorized wheelchair. Something's got to change drastically, not only with the offense, but also definitely with defense.
It's amazing how we can consistently blitz 5 or 6 against 5 blockers and never get anywhere close to the opposing QB unless Watt does it by himself. On the other hand, opposing teams can rush just 4 and collapse the pocket seemingly at will.
Old 09-27-2013   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's a "drunk" Hawks fan's take on the Texans.

Rapping with the Drunkard: The Houston Texans
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Here's a "drunk" Hawks fan's take on the Texans.

Rapping with the Drunkard: The Houston Texans
Entertaining, I'll give him that. Drunk bastid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-28-2013   #80
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Ah yeah. Remember that.

I'm a homer. Cant help it, but that's the Houston Texans I remember. Not those guys we saw last year, we couldn't put our finger on it, or didn't want to admit, but we knew something just wasn't right. We got swept up in the 2011 next man up mantra that we expected it to happen in 2012... but it didn't.

Arian wasn't right, Tate wasn't right, Schaub wasn't right, Jjo wasn't right. We lost Mario, Winston, Briesel, Dresse.. we were lucky to get 12 wins & we knew it (didn't want to say it).

But Matt looks healthy now, so does Jjo, Foster, Tate, even Andre looks better. We've got some new challenges. Still trying to replace Mario & Winston. I still believe we've got the tools & the people to make this a better team than that 2011 team where the sky was the limit.. a Lombardi was in our grasp, with a third string rookie QB.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read