Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2013   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs

FWIW, per 610, the Texans worked out four CBs with NFL experience.............none with PS eligibility.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #2
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Tuesday FA Workout CBs

Jason La Canfora
@ JasonLaCanfora

HOU worked out 8 DBs Tues including
former Pat Ras-I Dowling.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I was intrigued with Dowling when he left college but perhaps the two injuries have messed him up. 6'1" 200 4.40
Old 09-25-2013   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I was intrigued with Dowling when he left college but perhaps the two injuries have messed him up. 6'1" 200 4.40
In the latter part of his college career, he was a mess injury-wise, while having to deal with hamstring, knee and ankles injuries. With the Pats, his problems continued. He tried to avoid surgery after tearing a tendon in his hip. He finally gave into the inevitable......and has never been the same since.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans tried out DBs Ras-I Dowling, Jalil Brown, Eric Hagg, Mario Butler, Myron Lewis, Locyce Means, Steven Terrell and Josh Victorian. (Aaron Wilson)
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Texans tried out DBs Ras-I Dowling, Jalil Brown, Eric Hagg, Mario Butler, Myron Lewis, Locyce Means, Steven Terrell and Josh Victorian. (Aaron Wilson)

Loyce Means is a UH and Madison High grad.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #7
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I also read they worked out Antoine Winfield. I always liked his game, and always did a good job on AJ. I wonder if he still has decent speed though.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2013   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
I also read they worked out Antoine Winfield. I always liked his game, and always did a good job on AJ. I wonder if he still has decent speed though.
A 50 yr old Winfield would be better than McCain has been this yr.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #9
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Totally agree. Physically he and Aaron Glenn always reminded me of each other. Maybe Winfield can reverse Glenn and come here to end in a backup role. He's lost more savvy than McCain has ever thought of having.
Old 09-26-2013   #10
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Totally agree. Physically he and Aaron Glenn always reminded me of each other. Maybe Winfield can reverse Glenn and come here to end in a backup role. He's lost more savvy than McCain has ever thought of having.
Sorry, I misread the article. It said he's "working out in Houston", not "working out FOR Houston". But hey, if he still he wants to play, I don't see why we shouldn't consider him.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder if he can play QB ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Obviously better than Brandon Harris as well. If they're looking at veteran replacements for McCain & not even considering putting BHarris in the game... smh.

I really liked BHarris & I've had my head in the sand regarding him, but the writing appears to be on the wall.
Old 09-26-2013   #13
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Obviously better than Brandon Harris as well. If they're looking at veteran replacements for McCain & not even considering putting BHarris in the game... smh.

I really liked BHarris & I've had my head in the sand regarding him, but the writing appears to be on the wall.
This has been covered numerous times before, but this does not necessarily mean they're looking for replacements for anyone.

They routinely bring specific positions on manyTuesdays in case injury would dictate that a replacement is necessary. This way they have current info on available candidates, and can move immediately.

Without commenting on whether McCain should be replaced, I doubt very seriously that's what they're considering doing.
Old 09-26-2013   #14
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

McCain guarantee is up this season and we'd eat only about 1 M in cap of his new contract.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read