Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2013   #21
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Game Week-- home vs. Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I can't get excited about this game
Me either. I'm more excited about the HEB ad coming out tomorrow and seeing what they have on sale for me to smoke for the tailgate. Maybe they'll even have a deal on beer, going to need plenty of it, I'm sure.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #22
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

46-10 Seahawks.

Sorry.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm excited. I can't wait. I love watching the Texans play. I like watching good football. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. But generally speaking it's usually a good game. Always better if we win & over the last 2 seasons, we've won more than we've lost. Even in 2010, there were some damn good games. Nail biters, all the way to the end.

Odds are much better that the Texans will deliver an awesome game to watch come Sunday than not.
Old 09-24-2013   #24
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

The turnover battle MUST be won.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #25
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
The turnover battle MUST be won.
It usually is. The only question is by whom?

If we can keep it close @ home, it's anybody's game. If we get down early to teams better than the Titans / Chargers, it'll be a long day.
Old 09-24-2013   #26
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
It usually is. The only question is by whom?

If we can keep it close @ home, it's anybody's game. If we get down early to teams better than the Titans / Chargers, it'll be a long day.
No doubt. And its going to take a cupla takeaways from our D and no ints by their stud secondary for us to keep it close imo.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #27
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 13881 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

31-17. Seahawks. They're clicking on all cylinders. Needless to say we're not. Lynch and co. Will be in beast mode.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #28
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot depends on turnovers I think in how close the game will be.

If we win turnover battle +2 I think we may have a chance.

If they win turnover battle +2 then I think it may be worse than Baltimore.

I may be one of the only ones not on the KJ bandwagon and one of the main reasons I am not is because in man he doesn't ever seem to look at ball and lowers his chance of intercepting the ball. Now it seems JJo is following his lead. Do they teach this method? I think the interception is the great equalizer against a good passing team and we never seem to be close unless the ball is tipped.

41-13 with 5 sacks and 2 int by MS

I think this game could be very telling but don't think any big changes will be made no matter what. Can't wait.
Make me eat crow Texans
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #29
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I trust our defense, but our shaky OLine against there plug and go pass rush is going to get UGLY.

Got to run the ball effectively for us to have ANY hope.

Texans win a defensive slugfest 16-14.
Old 09-24-2013   #30
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston - 29
Seattle - 10
Old 09-24-2013   #31
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else watching the SportsNet Central show on CSN Houston? Duane Brown was live in studio and sounds like he's close to returning. Says he'll know by Friday but his toe is feeling night-and-day better than it did last week at this time. He's no longer wearing the protective boot either. He's walking fine and going to take first-team reps in practice tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2013   #32
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I trust our defense, but our shaky OLine against there plug and go pass rush is going to get UGLY.

Got to run the ball effectively for us to have ANY hope.

Texans win a defensive slugfest 16-14.
Duane Brown is going to be back. Our offensive line should be fine with three pro bowlers on it and the right side improving. Andre Johnson's status is day-to-day but he should play against the Seahawks also.

I still think it comes down to Arian Foster having his best game of the season. I think he does with 22 rushes, 130 yards and 3 TDs against a strong Seahawks defense. Texans win 34-17 and everybody is happy.
Old 09-25-2013   #33
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Anybody else watching the SportsNet Central show on CSN Houston? Duane Brown was live in studio and sounds like he's close to returning. Says he'll know by Friday but his toe is feeling night-and-day better than it did last week at this time. He's no longer wearing the protective boot either. He's walking fine and going to take first-team reps in practice tomorrow.
If they don't at least let him rest/rehab at least one more week, he is more likely to perform as though he were still wearing the boot.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #34
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm excited because I'll be at the game.

My first game at Reliant!!! They will pull this off and the Texans will win!!!
Old 09-25-2013   #35
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans - 24
Hawks - 34

Texans held in check for most of the game. Score some late garbage TD's.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #36
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If they don't at least let him rest/rehab at least one more week, he is more likely to perform as though he were still wearing the boot.
I don't know if the Texans have that luxury. Can't afford to lose this home game against the Seahawks and drop to 2-2 before a tough road game at San Francisco the following week. I expect Duane Brown to play this Sunday.

If this game was in Seattle, an impossible environment to win, then I'd sit him out and wouldn't even let him make the trip just like at Baltimore last game. But this is a winnable home game for us. The Seahawks are not the same dominating team on the road that they are at home.
Old 09-25-2013   #37
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

we actually match up pretty well here. our zone scheme can get their line off of their spots for big gains. our stacks and crossing patterns can open holes in their man coverage. andre and nuk can get just as physical as their great DB's. on defense, the unintentional containment (meaning we cant get there) may keep wilson in the pocket. our run defense has been strong. our coverage has been pretty good, if we can eliminate the stupid mistakes and bad calls we're solid. watt's due for a player of the week game and ninja is settled in.

i'm as concerned as anybody about our holes (schaub and newton specifically), but assuming we can keep wilson from running, i think we match up favorably.

Last edited by Scooter; 09-25-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #38
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 246198 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

We are still looking for a 2-half "complete" game. Unfortunately, with the Seahawks, we are more likely to see the Texans show a complete poor game than a complete good game.
Old 09-25-2013   #39
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Texans - 24
Hawks - 34

Texans held in check for most of the game. Score some late garbage TD's.
Seahawks barely scored 12 points at Carolina Week 1. They are far from the sensational team you see when they're at their house (CenturyLink Field), aka, home of the 12th man.

I don't expect the Seahawks to score anymore than 12 points against our defense in this one. Four field goals at best for their offense. They will stall each time they reach the red zone, if they even reach the red zone.

That being said, we can't give up 14 easy points off a pick six and punt return for a Touchdown like last game. We were leading that game 6-3 late in the first half and self destructed. Look, it was a tough road game, we allowed the Ravens to get the best of us. There is nothing we can do about that now.

Texans 27, Seahawks 12

We find a way to put last week's horrible game at Baltimore behind us. While the Seahawks defense is solid, I think Arian Foster shocks the world and shows up for this game with over 100 yards rushing and a couple TDs.

Arian Foster has been playing absolutely horrible the first three games of this season and he knows it too. He reads this board and sees all of our comments. I think he's about to have himself a great game. No better time to do that with Marshawn Lynch in town. A guy that some people say has surpassed Arian Foster as the second best RB in the league (behind Adrian Peterson). Arian has too much pride to let that kind of talk slide without a fight. Time for Arian Foster to show why he's getting paid that superstar money.

The Reliant Stadium crowd has to come alive. I'm tired of the same dead-beat crowd out there. I know the team hasn't given us any reason to cheer our lungs out lately, but that place seemed like a funeral in the fourth quarter against the Titans last home game. Especially when we fell behind by 8 points late in the game. Sure, it erupted in relief when the Texans reeled off 14 unanswered points to win it in overtime.

But I want to see a loud and energetic Reliant Stadium crowd from the opening kick off all the way until the final second of the game. This home game against the Seahawks is huge. I'm calling it a must-win game early in the season. Especially with the Texans, Colts and Titans all sporting a 2-1 record.

It's only Wednesday right now and I know everybody is feeling angry and upset. Nobody wants to hear anything other than doom and gloom. We have four days to feel excited!!!!
Old 09-25-2013   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I don't know if the Texans have that luxury. Can't afford to lose this home game against the Seahawks and drop to 2-2 before a tough road game at San Francisco the following week. I expect Duane Brown to play this Sunday.
You're taking for granted that a hobbled Brown is going to be better than a healthy lesser Harris. With that fresh turf toe, that's the last thing you can expect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read