Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-25-2013   #1
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Freeman OUT Glennon IN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/97...n-mike-glennon

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have decided to bench quarterback Josh Freeman for rookie Mike Glennon, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
wow

edit:

edit2:
Old 09-25-2013   #2
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Freeman OUT Glennon IN

Josh Freeman a Texan in 2014? It wouldn't shock me. Somebody with some experience who's had two solid seasons in the NFL already in 2010 and 2012. I'd feel more comfortable with him than I do with Yates and Keenum. His completion percentage would drastically improve in Gary Kubiak's offense. He could probably make a few pro bowls if he played on a team with the talent the Texans have. He's only 25 years old too.

I should clarify: I'm not saying to run Matt Schaub out of town. I believe Josh Freeman can be our backup QB for a season or two - enough time to fully grasp Kubiak's system - assuming he's still our head coach. Schaub is already aging towards retirement even though he's barely 32 years old. That Lisfranc injury, even though it happened two seasons ago, affecting his play could be true. I didn't want to believe it but the proof is in the play. I can't imagine him playing much longer.
Old 09-25-2013   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Bucs are a mess.

I'm not really a glennon fan but it doesn't matter if they don't develop their guys.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #4
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Tampa Bay is trying to trade him now (shopping him around) but I doubt they're going to find any active takers with his remaining salary for the rest of this season. I think he's making $8.4 million the rest of the season before he becomes an unrestricted free agent this off-season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-josh-freeman/
Old 09-25-2013   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Josh Freeman a Texan in 2014?
as a minimum salary free agent, we'd be quick to bring him in. i doubt he'd get more attention than that though. he's been starting long enough to be damaged goods. too much needs to be fixed, i doubt anyone gives him a real shot at starting.
Old 09-25-2013   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been rooting for Freeman but it's clear he doesn't have it. The dude has zero leadership qualities. I think the last straw was him sleeping in and missing the team photos. That just demonstrates his lack of commitment.

The sad thing is the team has a lot of talent and is actually pretty good. They are 2 plays away from being 2-1 and physically were beating down the Pats in the first quarter and a half. However they couldn't take advantage because of Freeman's bad play and the Pats finally got it going.

Glennon is wasted pick IMO. I don't see him being a NFL QB. Looks like the Bucs will be competing for a first round QB.

Freeman is talented. Maybe Kubiak could do something with him however he is not the answer to replace Schaub.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #7
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95426 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
as a minimum salary free agent, we'd be quick to bring him in. i doubt he'd get more attention than that though. he's been starting long enough to be damaged goods. too much needs to be fixed, i doubt anyone gives him a real shot at starting.
Freeman could start for:

Jets
Jags
Browns
Cardinals
Titans
Raiders
Vikings

He would be better than anything those teams have on the roster. He's not a great QB, but he isn't a bum either.

This is just Greg Schiano showing once again that he is a classless douche.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2013   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Freeman could start for:

Jets
Jags
Browns
Cardinals
Titans
Raiders
Vikings

He would be better than anything those teams have on the roster. He's not a great QB, but he isn't a bum either.

Disagree with some teams on that list. Freeman has looked horrible this season. Geno Smith outplayed him head to head in week 1. Locker is outplaying him now. Hoyer looked better last week.
Old 09-25-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have been rooting for Freeman but it's clear he doesn't have it. The dude has zero leadership qualities. I think the last straw was him sleeping in and missing the team photos. That just demonstrates his lack of commitment.

The sad thing is the team has a lot of talent and is actually pretty good. They are 2 plays away from being 2-1 and physically were beating down the Pats in the first quarter and a half. However they couldn't take advantage because of Freeman's bad play and the Pats finally got it going.

Glennon is wasted pick IMO. I don't see him being a NFL QB. Looks like the Bucs will be competing for a first round QB.

Freeman is talented. Maybe Kubiak could do something with him however he is not the answer to replace Schaub.
Agree on all counts, Bucs see the head start other teams are getting in tanking their season for draft position and decided they wanted in on the goodies.

This 'not putting your best 22 out there' is going to become a problem, I think.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Freeman could start for:

Jets
Jags
Browns
Cardinals
Titans
Raiders
Vikings

like i said, damaged goods. he wouldnt start for any of those teams. maybe as a rookie to be molded he had the talent to start for a handful of teams, but right now i doubt many would drop a poor starter for a poor starter.
Old 09-25-2013   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
like i said, damaged goods. he wouldnt start for any of those teams. maybe as a rookie to be molded he had the talent to start for a handful of teams, but right now i doubt many would drop a poor starter for a poor starter.
He would start for the Vikings and would be better than Ponder or Cassel. He can at least chuck the ball 60 or 70 yards to Jennings if need be (might not be all that accurate, but it'll at least get there), which is something neither of those guys can do.
Old 09-25-2013   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel that Freeman has all the makings of a decent QB. The oversleep incident is inexcusable, but in the right organization, that or similar incidences would happen once and only once, and he would quickly be put in line. His support cast has been suspect, and I feel that if he were taken under the wing of a decent QB coach, his performance could easily be notched up significantly. JMO
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There are rumors floating around the Tampa boards that Freeman parties too much and may have an aldon smith level problem with either alcohol and/or coke.

FWIW, you can find quotes around where I said I would rather have Freeman than Matt s. Primarily because of a younger player.
Old 09-25-2013   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
There are rumors floating around the Tampa boards that Freeman parties too much and may have an aldon smith level problem with either alcohol and/or coke.

FWIW, you can find quotes around where I said I would rather have Freeman than Matt s. Primarily because of a younger player.
I frequent one Bucs board and listen to a lot of Tampa sports radio during the day when I am running around and that's the first I have heard that. That said it wouldn't shock me. The guy sounds like a stoner (or always out of it) on his weekly radio show.

Something is definitely wrong with him. At times he has looked great (not this season however) and other times he looks like David Carr.

Schiano knew this was coming also. To me it was bizarre that Glennon was getting most of the reps during the preseason, especially after Freeman looked like utter dog crap on his only series. Now it makes sense because it's clear to me now that Schiano had no intention of keeping him on.

I just noticed also that the game is going to be blacked out on Sunday. The Texans game is showing on my Directv guide where the Bucs normally are.
Old 09-26-2013   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember a writer has Glennon on the texans mock draft saying we should have drafted him

has far has Freeman o well this is the NFL on 32 QB's and 32 backups so there is not a lot of room for error

of what like the 500 million people in the United states only 64 can be a QB in the NFL that's crazy

that gets me thinking how many pick sixes can matt throw till he gets benched for yates or Keenum ...LOL

o and gleeon is huge height wise hes like taller then flacco but yeah
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Freeman could start for:

Jets
Jags
Browns
Cardinals
Titans
Raiders
Vikings

I doubt the Jets are going to want Freeman over Geno

I doubt the Browns are looking to move on from the Hoyer era any time soon.

I wouldn't trade Locker for Freeman..... looks like he's starting to figure some things out.

Definitely not finished with the Pryor experiment in Oakland (& he's on my fantasy team)

& Ponder may not be as talented as Freeman, but he's a better QB so far.

Jags, Cardinals.... probably so.
Old 09-26-2013   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoyer era? good lord

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Hoyer era? good lord
Hey, it's the Browns.
Old 09-26-2013   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I frequent one Bucs board and listen to a lot of Tampa sports radio during the day when I am running around and that's the first I have heard that. That said it wouldn't shock me. The guy sounds like a stoner (or always out of it) on his weekly radio show.

Something is definitely wrong with him. At times he has looked great (not this season however) and other times he looks like David Carr.

Schiano knew this was coming also. To me it was bizarre that Glennon was getting most of the reps during the preseason, especially after Freeman looked like utter dog crap on his only series. Now it makes sense because it's clear to me now that Schiano had no intention of keeping him on.

I just noticed also that the game is going to be blacked out on Sunday. The Texans game is showing on my Directv guide where the Bucs normally are.
http://www.bucschat.com/topic/35270-...ohol-problems/
Old 09-26-2013   #20
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Hoyer era? good lord
I bet Lombardi et al in Browns front office were screaming that Hoyer was supposed to lose games and improve their draft slot, not win.

Which brings up a point -- does the NFL have any kind of duty to be competitive clause for teams?

I was wondering while watching ESPN baseball analysts arguing about who's the better team and one said Team A's record was inflated because they played the Astros x-many more times than Team B did.

Next NFL draft class is supposed to have quality QBs, and I think you can see teams trying to tank for that. Seems awfully early to be throwing away 2013 season, and those fans are getting ripped off.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read