Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013   #81
2012Champs
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,625
Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Maybe he just happend to be talking about his secondary while watching the game
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #82
Hervoyel
The Right Track
 
Hervoyel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 49
Posts: 14,880
Rep Power: 267781 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think if Schaub comes out next week and throws another horrible INT (not just any int, because they do happen.. I'm talking about one that illustrates horrible decision making like last week) Kubiak needs to park his ass on the bench. I'm not calling for him to permanently lose his job yet (although I'm almost there), but a message needs to be at least sent to him that his starting job is not just a foregone conclusion, he's not just entitled to that position, and there will be consequences for his ****ty play and bonehead decisions.


... but I don't expect Kubiak to ever do this, I don't think he has the stones.

Warren Moon got benched for playing with head up ass and he's in the HOF. Sometimes guys need to sit down and make an assessment of what they're doing and what's going on around them. Sometimes guys just need to sit down and watch for a bit. Put everything in perspective so to speak.

If Schaub throws another WTF pick then I agree with you. It might be time to see what Yates got out of being pushed by Keenum this summer. Most likely you end up sitting him back down like the Oilers did with Cody Carlson but it serves a purpose nonetheless.
__________________
Fitz makes bad decisions. That's not going to change.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #83
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!
 
HOU-TEX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: P-land
Age: 43
Posts: 15,611
Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think if Schaub comes out next week and throws another horrible INT (not just any int, because they do happen.. I'm talking about one that illustrates horrible decision making like last week) Kubiak needs to park his ass on the bench. I'm not calling for him to permanently lose his job yet (although I'm almost there), but a message needs to be at least sent to him that his starting job is not just a foregone conclusion, he's not just entitled to that position, and there will be consequences for his ****ty play and bonehead decisions.


... but I don't expect Kubiak to ever do this, I don't think he has the stones.
Agreed! He's normally good for at least one bone-headed play. They may not all lead to TDs, but bone-headed none the less

And you're right, Kubiak won't bench him. They're tied together and will likely go down together. I was kinda pissed he pulled him at the end of the game. "You reap what you sow" = Keep your ass in there and deal with what you helped create
__________________
Kubiak: "They’re battling their tail off." Translation: They suck.
OB: "They played hard with great effort." Translation: They suck.
HOU-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #84
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I think if Schaub comes out next week and throws another horrible INT (not just any int, because they do happen.. I'm talking about one that illustrates horrible decision making like last week) Kubiak needs to park his ass on the bench. I'm not calling for him to permanently lose his job yet (although I'm almost there), but a message needs to be at least sent to him that his starting job is not just a foregone conclusion, he's not just entitled to that position, and there will be consequences for his ****ty play and bonehead decisions.


... but I don't expect Kubiak to ever do this, I don't think he has the stones.
Not just to him, but the team needs that message. They need to know everyone will be held accountable and that the coach will do whatever it takes to win.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #85
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 51
Posts: 12,279
Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

I'm with Carr Bombed as well.

I've been a Schaub supporter and defender but enough is enough. I've had it. He just is on this fantastic slippery slide to a land I call Carr and Gabbert world. It's a place we don't want to go.

I would easily take 2007 MS over 2013 MS. Inexperienced, but much better than today's MS. Since the middle of last year, he's just on this incredible downward spiral. There have been hints here or there of the old MS showing up, but those moments are rare. His trend looks like a stock market index on the way down. Small upticks followed by a larger downward trend.

At this point, he isn't earning his paycheck. I'm ready to cut ties after this season. He's had 7 injury plagued seasons to try and get it done and he has now proven he cannot. We need to draft a young QB and let him sit on the bench while Yates or Keenum plays a year. Ya I know what that means. So be it.

I think the LisFranc injury is playing a much larger role than anyone knows - but that is mere speculation. Whatever it is, right now he is in the bottom half dozen of starters in the league and that won't get it done.

This season is basically toast already. Anyone who sees a SB team here needs glasses. We don't have the 2000 Ravens D. We can't have Blaine Gabbert and expect to win a SB. We might slip into the playoffs, although I am no longer certain about that, but we'll just get killed by a QB that can actually play.
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #86
SchaubApologist
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 227
Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That's it in a nutshell.

If before the game.... Hell before any game...if you say ill guarantee the other offense only scores 16 points, would you take it?

My answer would be hell yeah.
16 points is too much!!! That's a whopping 4 points per quarter. Not even the broncos could overcome that! :/
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #87
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,989
Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
You're right.. and if I was going to point blame at the defense, I'll sum up their performance as "they didn't win us the game, but they didn't lose the game for us either".

The STs (in Herv's words) crapped the bed "AGAIN", like they do every week and have done for a couple years now and helped lose the game.

The offense.. mainly Schaub and the offensive line crapped everywhere and lost us the game.

So if I'm going by that assessment, only one unit looked decent. Giving up only 16 points is considered a win in today's league and like I said before... I'll take that every week... except for when we play Jacksonville.
& giving up 28, then 24 is also considered a loss. The offense didn't whine about it, they went out & scored 31 & 30 to win the game.

A three & out in the second half would have been great.... I don't know that the offense would have scored. I'm thinking they wouldn't have the way they looked. But the point remains. Time & the score was against us in the second half & the defense didn't help.

They gave up 13 points in a half. That can't be considered good football. We can't expect our team to give up 26 points a game & win many games.

They played their a55 off in the first half. Not so much in the second half. The exact opposite of what they did vs San Diego & Tennessee.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #88
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& giving up 28, then 24 is also considered a loss. The offense didn't whine about it, they went out & scored 31 & 30 to win.
If you don't remember those crucial picks in those games it's no wonder you're defending the offense so tough.

Hint: units other than defense have contributed to the point totals for other teams.

Against the chargers, the offense pretty much gave up 7 and the defense scored 7.

That's a 14 point swing. Game is never even close if offense isn't giving it up like a cheap hooker on Saturday night.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #89
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame
 
Bulls on Parade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,331
Rep Power: 25616 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Porky, I don't know about Yates or Keenum starting for a year like you suggest. If those were the only options, I'd rather sign a free agent quarterback with more experience. Josh Freeman may become available next off-season. He's still young enough (25) to grasp what Kubiak likes to do. Dare I even say a name like Tim Tebow? Just kidding.
__________________
Bulls on Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #90
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,989
Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If you don't remember those crucial picks in those games it's no wonder you're defending the offense so tough.
I'm not defending the offense. They sucked.

If I'm Wade Phillips, I'm not very happy with my defense right now. They gave up 13 points in a half. That's unacceptable.

If I'm Rick Dennison, I'm not very happy with my offense. They struggled to put points on the board, they didn't protect their QB, they committed too many penalties. That's unacceptable.

If I'm Kubiak, I'm planning for life after football.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #91
Rey
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 14,475
Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& giving up 28, then 24 is also considered a loss. The offense didn't whine about it, they went out & scored 31 & 30 to win the game.

A three & out in the second half would have been great.... I don't know that the offense would have scored. I'm thinking they wouldn't have the way they looked. But the point remains. Time & the score was against us in the second half & the defense didn't help.

They gave up 13 points in a half. That can't be considered good football. We can't expect our team to give up 26 points a game & win many games.

They played their a55 off in the first half. Not so much in the second half. The exact opposite of what they did vs San Diego & Tennessee.


Ok, so if the offense scores 50 points... Defense gives up 51 through 3 quarters...

4th quarter comes. Offense can't score. Defense pitches a shut out "when we need it".

You're telling me, you're going to say it's an issue that the offense didn't score in that last quarter?
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #92
2012Champs
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,625
Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I'm with Carr Bombed as well.

I've been a Schaub supporter and defender but enough is enough. I've had it. He just is on this fantastic slippery slide to a land I call Carr and Gabbert world. It's a place we don't want to go.

I would easily take 2007 MS over 2013 MS. Inexperienced, but much better than today's MS. Since the middle of last year, he's just on this incredible downward spiral. There have been hints here or there of the old MS showing up, but those moments are rare. His trend looks like a stock market index on the way down. Small upticks followed by a larger downward trend.

At this point, he isn't earning his paycheck. I'm ready to cut ties after this season. He's had 7 injury plagued seasons to try and get it done and he has now proven he cannot. We need to draft a young QB and let him sit on the bench while Yates or Keenum plays a year. Ya I know what that means. So be it.

I think the LisFranc injury is playing a much larger role than anyone knows - but that is mere speculation. Whatever it is, right now he is in the bottom half dozen of starters in the league and that won't get it done.

This season is basically toast already. Anyone who sees a SB team here needs glasses. We don't have the 2000 Ravens D. We can't have Blaine Gabbert and expect to win a SB. We might slip into the playoffs, although I am no longer certain about that, but we'll just get killed by a QB that can actually play.



Carr or Gabbert? Get real. When you cant stay the least bit object or rational credibility is lost
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #93
Double Barrel
Modified Simian
 
Double Barrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Onward, Upward, and back into the Trees
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Age: 48
Posts: 31,106
Rep Power: 346173 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

If the defense is guilty of anything, it's not playing like the '85 Bears defense and carrying this anemic offense and special special teams unit on their backs to victory.

People like to rationalize that Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl in support of Schaub. Well, if that example is to have any merit, then the Texans defense is going to have to win games on sheer determination and willpower alone.

Right now this is an 8-8 team that would be lucky to back into a wildcard spot.
__________________
"Football is only a diversion." ~ HOUSTON TEXANS
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #94
Porky
Hall of Fame
 
Porky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 51
Posts: 12,279
Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Porky, I don't know about Yates or Keenum starting for a year like you suggest. If those were the only options, I'd rather sign a free agent quarterback with more experience. Josh Freeman may become available next off-season. He's still young enough (25) to grasp what Kubiak likes to do. Dare I even say a name like Tim Tebow? Just kidding.
I'm not a big Freeman fan. I don't see that as a huge upgrade although he is more mobile. I would rather go with one of the guys we have, and draft a young QB that we can groom. And if Kubiak doesn't catch up with the 21st century, none of it will matter.
__________________
Your local CruiseOne Vacation specialist. www.firstclasscruising.biz Visit me on Facebook.
Porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,989
Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
You're telling me, you're going to say it's an issue that the offense didn't score in that last quarter?
The only thing that matters is Wins & Losses. Doesn't matter how you win. 43-8, 6-3.... it's all the same. If we start the 4th qtr down 49-55, then get to the final seconds & the score is still 49-55, yes it is an issue that we didn't score at all in the final qtr. Same thing if it's 50-51. I expect my offense to be able to get down the field & score a field goal. I can't think of any scenario that would make that an impossibility.


That's not the only problem I have with the game. I'm very pleased with my offensive performance through the first three qtrs, but those guys aren't getting the day off tomorrow for not playing 4 qtrs.

Just like last year, no one gave a sht that we started 11-1. When it mattered, we finished the season 1-3

I'm not letting the offense off the hook for not scoring in the second half. I'm still chewing their a55es out for failing to get into the end zone in the first half. While I'm doing that, I expect Wade to be chewing out the defense for allowing 13 points in the second half.

But to win that game, we needed 3 & Outs. We got none. Knocking the ball out of Flacco's hand was great, we needed the defense to get the ball. We would have had the ball on their 25 to start the 3rd & they wouldn't have gone 80 yards the other way scoring a touchdown. Forcing the Ravens to kick a field goal was nice, but we needed Manning to make that interception.

If you were the defensive coordinator for the Texans, you're telling me you're pleased with what your unit did in the second half?
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #96
bOODRO87
Time Consumer
 
bOODRO87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: ATx
Posts: 385
Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

This game was somewhat similar to the New England playoff game in a sense, IMO. The defense made the game winnable all the way into the 3rd quarter, but the offense could never give them a rest because of going three and out/punting or a costly INT. Schaub can't bail out Kubiak's play calling with his athleticism if the play breaks and Kubiak can't bail out the offense with his creativity.

Cushing was on the money with that comment. He plays the game like it should be played.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #97
amazing80
Site Contributor
 
amazing80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Elkhron, WI
Section: my couch
Posts: 1,890
Rep Power: 76308 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
The only thing that matters is Wins & Losses. Doesn't matter how you win. 43-8, 6-3.... it's all the same. If we start the 4th qtr down 49-55, then get to the final seconds & the score is still 49-55, yes it is an issue that we didn't score at all in the final qtr. Same thing if it's 50-51. I expect my offense to be able to get down the field & score a field goal. I can't think of any scenario that would make that an impossibility.


That's not the only problem I have with the game. I'm very pleased with my offensive performance through the first three qtrs, but those guys aren't getting the day off tomorrow for not playing 4 qtrs.

Just like last year, no one gave a sht that we started 11-1. When it mattered, we finished the season 1-3

I'm not letting the offense off the hook for not scoring in the second half. I'm still chewing their a55es out for failing to get into the end zone in the first half. While I'm doing that, I expect Wade to be chewing out the defense for allowing 13 points in the second half.

But to win that game, we needed 3 & Outs. We got none. Knocking the ball out of Flacco's hand was great, we needed the defense to get the ball. We would have had the ball on their 25 to start the 3rd & they wouldn't have gone 80 yards the other way scoring a touchdown. Forcing the Ravens to kick a field goal was nice, but we needed Manning to make that interception.

If you were the defensive coordinator for the Texans, you're telling me you're pleased with what your unit did in the second half?
You're line of thought is so jaded its ridiculous, youre basically saying our defense didn't carry us to victory therefore they didn't do their job. Thats dumb.....they dominated that game and saying anything other than that is ludicrous. No **** they didn't get a stop late in the game, they kept being put on the field because our offense wasn't sustaining drives or getting points. Not to mention the special teams. The defense was on the sidelines, then their down 7, offense goes 3 and out and defense is ready to do something but BOOM, 7 more points from a punt. The defense gives up ONE TOUCHDOWN and all of a sudden its THEIR fault we didn't win? Dumb.

Quit justifying the **** play by Schaub and the offense. They are CLEARLY the problem on this team followed by special teams. Settling for fgs instead of tds has been a problem since Gary has been here. Schaub and Gary are made for one another, both passive bitches who let people walk all over them.
__________________
amazing80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,989
Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
You're line of thought is so jaded its ridiculous, youre basically saying our defense didn't carry us to victory therefore they didn't do their job. Thats dumb.....they dominated that game and saying anything other than that is ludicrous. No **** they didn't get a stop late in the game, they kept being put on the field because our offense wasn't sustaining drives or getting points. Not to mention the special teams. The defense was on the sidelines, then their down 7, offense goes 3 and out and defense is ready to do something but BOOM, 7 more points from a punt. The defense gives up ONE TOUCHDOWN and all of a sudden its THEIR fault we didn't win? Dumb.
That all happened in the first half. The defense was off the field for at least 10 minutes during half time. They opened the half by allowing the Ravens to go 80 yards & score a TD.

Keep in mind I am not saying it is the defenses fault that we lost the game.

Let's put it this way. We scored 31 points against the Chargers, gave up 28. Did we win that game because the offense played great? The offense did their job? Because we went into the 4th qtr down by 21 points. The offense played great for 1 qtr, what happened the other three?

Same thing here. The defense played great in the first half. Not so much in the second half. The offense never played good enough.




Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Quit justifying the **** play by Schaub and the offense. They are CLEARLY the problem on this team followed by special teams. Settling for fgs instead of tds has been a problem since Gary has been here. Schaub and Gary are made for one another, both passive bitches who let people walk all over them.
I wish there was just one problem on this team.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #99
SchaubApologist
Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 227
Rep Power: 3968 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That all happened in the first half. The defense was off the field for at least 10 minutes during half time. They opened the half by allowing the Ravens to go 80 yards & score a TD.

Keep in mind I am not saying it is the defenses fault that we lost the game.

Let's put it this way. We scored 31 points against the Chargers, gave up 28. Did we win that game because the offense played great? The offense did their job? Because we went into the 4th qtr down by 21 points. The offense played great for 1 qtr, what happened the other three?

Same thing here. The defense played great in the first half. Not so much in the second half. The offense never played good enough.




I wish there was just one problem on this team.
I think I finally understand what you are getting at:

The Offense: Sucks
The Defense: Sucks
The Special Teams: Sucks

While I do not agree that the defense is sucking it up, I agree with you on the offense and ST.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #100
mmwest
Site Contributor
 
mmwest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SE Houston
Section: 638 The one always standing & yelling.
Age: 51
Posts: 37
Rep Power: 0 mmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respectedmmwest is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

I can't believe I read through 5 pages of us debating offense vs defense. I think them(Off. and Def.) plus ST's - Lechler have all sucked since week 12 last year. People soon forget we couldn't beat the Vikings or the Colts to secure fricken homefeild advantage through the playoffs. You can forget that happening this year or who knows when. That was a gift we lost. This team has all the weapons minus GK,MS and Marciano to get us where we need to go. I garuantee you we would do better without the above mentioned.
__________________
Duck Fallas
mmwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger