Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2013   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SeaHawks fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHawk View Post
Some SeaHawks fans wanted us to draft Jake Locker; I am not one of them. Locker is a slightly upgraded version of Tebow, intangibles and all, only minus Jesus and probably the whole "being a virgin" thing.
Just curious about your board name. Are you a 'Hawk fan from Sacramento? As I said, just curious.

Welcome to the board, btw.
Old 09-24-2013   #42
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Just curious about your board name. Are you a 'Hawk fan from Sacramento? As I said, just curious.

Welcome to the board, btw.
Thanks! And yes, I'm in Sacramento.
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #43
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.
You forgot the amazing hair.
Old 09-24-2013   #44
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will be 4-3 at the bye week. The Seahawks game is one of the two loses they'll suffer in the next four weeks.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #45
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I must say, the Seahawks message board is very hard on the eyes. They seem like a pretty coo fanbase.

http://seahawks.net/
Old 09-24-2013   #46
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I must say, the Seahawks message board is very hard on the eyes. They seem like a pretty coo fanbase.

http://seahawks.net/
That there is my home on the internet. You get used to the color scheme after a bit. From what I hear it's going through a re-design, but the color schemes won't change much.
Old 09-24-2013   #47
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

To whom would I compare thee Matthew Schaub?

The names:

Hasselbeck

Brister

Carr

Flacco

Romo

&

Grossman

come to mind.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #48
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 12424 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0

That's always been my go to comparison, and Hasselbeck never had a good season after the age of 32. Schaub is 32.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #49
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
To whom would I compare thee Matthew Schaub?

The names:

Hasselbeck

Brister

Carr

Flacco

Romo

&

Grossman

come to mind.
ugh...you just had to go there, didn't you...

I really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to believe in Matt Schaub.

But I cannot disagree with your list* and I could never believe in any of those jokers....

*'cept for Flacco. Dude has a ring, SB MVP, and made some serious clutch plays last year that I have serious doubts MS can perform under pressure.
Old 09-24-2013   #50
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 5283 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure most other fans see Schaub as a average qb at best.
cstyle42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #51
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I liked Hasselbeck, especially when he played with the Seahawks. He was a gamer. Good enough to get his team to the Super Bowl. The Tennessee Titans Hasselbeck wasn't. He was better than any QB they've had since McNair, but that's not saying a lot.

In his prime, in Seattle, I would have taken that Hasselbeck over the Schaub we've got today. Stat wise, I'm sure Matt blows him out of the water, but Hasselbeck didn't have Andre Johnson & Gary Kubiak.
Stats is definitely what Schaub accumulates. But look at the Hawks game this past Sunday. Even against a terrible team like the Jags, Wilson only completed 14 of 21 passes for 202 yards but with four touchdowns. The Seahawks scored a total of six touchdowns in this one and they were all offensive. I wonder how many yards Schaub would had to throw before getting 4 passing TDs? 500?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #52
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Stats is definitely what Schaub accumulates. But look at the Hawks game this past Sunday. Even against a terrible team like the Jags, Wilson only completed 14 of 21 passes for 202 yards but with four touchdowns. The Seahawks scored a total of six touchdowns in this one and they were all offensive. I wonder how many yards Schaub would had to throw before getting 4 passing TDs? 500?
To piggyback on this, from Chase Stuart yesterday:
Quote:
Chase Stuart as @fbgchase

Russell Wilson leads the NFL in air yards on his completed passes, at 9.83 per. Geno Smith is second at 9.13.
It's subject to interpretation as to whether this is a product of the offense, Schaub's physical limitations, or a combination of both, but it remains that Wilson is a potent downfield passer.
Old 09-24-2013   #53
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
ugh...you just had to go there, didn't you...

I really, really, really,really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to believe in Matt Schaub.

But I cannot disagree with your list* and I could never believe in any of those jokers....

*'cept for Flacco. Dude has a ring, SB MVP, and made some serious clutch plays last year that I have serious doubts MS can perform under pressure.
That Ring was a gift from his defense. But I will give Flack credit he had his Doug Williams/Buster Douglas moment.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #54
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
He's thrown for 4 TDs three times and 5 TDs once. The 5 TD game was last year vs. the Jaguars. Texans won 43-37, in part because Schaub also threw 2 INTs. He threw 4 TDs on 290 yards once, and the other two were 350+. Most of the time he throws for about 250 yards and 1-2 TDs. And to be fair, he did throw a TD pass this week as well.

I didn't go check how many 4TD games the SB winning QBs had.
Old 09-24-2013   #55
SacHawk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
To piggyback on this, from Chase Stuart yesterday:

It's subject to interpretation as to whether this is a product of the offense, Schaub's physical limitations, or a combination of both, but it remains that Wilson is a potent downfield passer.
DangeRuss is deadly efficient, yo.
Old 09-24-2013   #56
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That there is my home on the internet. You get used to the color scheme after a bit. From what I hear it's going through a re-design, but the color schemes won't change much.
I don't know. Maybe it's because I always have it dark in my office and my backgrounds on my cpu are dark. The fluorescent green burns

The group over there seem pretty cool.
Old 09-24-2013   #57
SacHawk
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

The group over there seem pretty cool.
That's because it's true. Unless you're a Niner troll. If you troll, you get a much different impression!
Old 09-24-2013   #58
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
That Ring was a gift from his defense. But I will give Flack credit he had his Doug Williams/Buster Douglas moment.
I won't argue that (not to mention gifts from the Broncos defense, too!!).

I hope our defense can gift our QB with the same!

Are you suggesting that Flacco is Trent Dilfer 2.0 or Brad Johnson 2.0?
Old 09-24-2013   #59
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If our defense would set him up the way the Seahawks defense set Wilson up, I'm sure Matt's stats would be less gaudy. But when he's having to travel 70 yards to get into Field goal range, he's going to put up some numbers.
Old 09-24-2013   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If our defense would set him up the way the Seahawks defense set Wilson up, I'm sure Matt's stats would be less gaudy. But when he's having to travel 70 yards to get into Field goal range, he's going to put up some numbers.
Lechler has been turning the field position all three games this season. The offense has been starting with much better field position and they have done relatively little with it. The defense has not done much more with it, to be honest. Field position is an argument you aren't going to win with Lechler pinning the other team inside the 20 consistently.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read