Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #61
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK, I'm starting to panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I do believe that we are seeing lingering effects of his Lisfranc. As I've tried so many times before to explain, this is not the type of injury that you necessarily would expect re-injury. It is an injury that many times manifests itself as a slowly progressive course of tenderness and aching, not atypically including a degenerative arthritis component. Rest tends to help temporarily, but as soon as repeated stresses are placed on the foot again, the negative effects on performance tend to return and continue, much like an elbow tendonitis problem in a tennis player. Unfortunately, unlike the knee which can be better supported and stabilized by strengthening the large hamstring and quad muscles, there are virtually no muscles of significant size in the foot that can be strengthened enough to effictively improve the support and stability of the Lisfranc joint that must carry the burden of a moving 6'5" 240 pound person.
I assume rick smith didn't get the message as he inked schaub to a contract extension :/
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #62
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Nobody blamed OD for the throw. I blamed OD for giving up on the play. Schaub made a poor throw. OD gave up on the play. The first is part of the game, the latter is unforgivable. The throw was in front of OD and he didn't make the play because he turned his back to absorb the hit.

The problem with Houston fans is that they don't actually analyze the play. The problem with "haters" is that they won't accept failure assigned to anyone but whoever their scapegoat is. Go watch the play and stop regurgitating the ignorant view that Schaub is responsible for the pick-six. Schaub threw a pick. It was six because the TE gave up on the play.

Mike
Hold on. As a hater I can assure you that we hate all people and things equally.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #63
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, it's everyone else's fault except the non-playmaking qb that throws pick sixes.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #64
Seegara
Veteran

Rep Power: 4915 Seegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respectedSeegara is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I do believe that we are seeing lingering effects of his Lisfranc. As I've tried so many times before to explain, this is not the type of injury that you necessarily would expect re-injury. It is an injury that many times manifests itself as a slowly progressive course of tenderness and aching, not atypically including a degenerative arthritis component. Rest tends to help temporarily, but as soon as repeated stresses are placed on the foot again, the negative effects on performance tend to return and continue, much like an elbow tendonitis problem in a tennis player. Unfortunately, unlike the knee which can be better supported and stabilized by strengthening the large hamstring and quad muscles, there are virtually no muscles of significant size in the foot that can be strengthened enough to effictively improve the support and stability of the Lisfranc joint that must carry the burden of a moving 6'5" 240 pound person.
Maybe my own injury is similar. A dog bit me in May on top of the 1st knuckle, forefinger. After a bad infection and 2 months of physical therapy, the finger seems to be getting stiffer. All 3 of its joints are inflamed and it doesn't want to straighten.
Seegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013   #65
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Ed says calm down.
Okay Ed... this is me calming down

Now go kick some @$$ d@mmit!!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read