Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The real problem is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
This is the press kissing up to Kubiak for the good interviews. They have no vested interest as the news in who wins. They want the good interviews because they want us to watch them even if we can't bear to watch the game.

Schaub finished preseason with a 63.5 rating and has gotten worse since. Keenum lead (or was he second?) the nfl with a 106.7. I know he ranked higher than any current starter.

We need a quarterback and we need a receiver. Case is hot with Lestar Jean. Tah-dah. Not that hard.
DHop has shown he's a very capable #2 and can take over a game if AJ is out. The Texans are only lacking talent at QB and OL on the offensive side of the ball. And only part of the OL. A better QB could mask the lack of talent on the OL easier than the reciprocal.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #42
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
The only numbers that mean anything are the ones on the scoreboard when the last second has run off ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Pulling numbers out of your ass ain't exactly math. That makes you a global warmist climatologist. In other words, an idiot.

Not directed at you, kingtexan.
Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

That's basic math. Keenum threw the ball from the center of the field on the 34.5 yard line to one yard away from the sideline and 5 yards deep in the end zone. That's a distance of 39.5 yards. The field is 53.33 yards wide. Half of that is 26.665, subtract a yard off that for how far away from the line Jean was and you get 25.665

Use the above link and do that. The ball flew 47.1 yards in the air with pinpoint accuracy. He made the same connection to Jean twice already. That's natural talent. Being able to throw that perfect that far, puts touchdowns on the board.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #43
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 3727 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
Like I said and my point in this thread, I'd rather see the OLine fixed first. If Bryan freaken Hoyer can look good behind the awesome OL in Cleveland I'm sure Schaub will excel the same way. I would love to see Keenum play over Yates, but the last thing we want to do us pull another David Carr and throw this kid to the wolves with this line.
Keenum took 2 seconds to get that play off. Our offensive line gave protection to Schaub in the videos you posted as examples of horrible O Line for a full 3 seconds. What's the issue?
Old 09-23-2013   #44
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh!.. ............. 2-1 Equals .667.

With a win against Seattle, 3-1, or a .750 winning percentage! I can live with that!
Old 09-23-2013   #45
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Meh!.. ............. 2-1 Equals .667.

With a win against Seattle, 3-1, or a .750 winning percentage! I can live with that!
I think we all could.
Old 09-23-2013   #46
waynegg
Veteran

But my math is still right. That's how far that boy threw that ball.
Old 09-23-2013   #47
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78643 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_theorem

That's basic math. Keenum threw the ball from the center of the field on the 34.5 yard line to one yard away from the sideline and 5 yards deep in the end zone. That's a distance of 39.5 yards. The field is 53.33 yards wide. Half of that is 26.665, subtract a yard off that for how far away from the line Jean was and you get 25.665

Use the above link and do that. The ball flew 47.1 yards in the air with pinpoint accuracy. He made the same connection to Jean twice already. That's natural talent. Being able to throw that perfect that far, puts touchdowns on the board.
I never said Pythagorean's theorem was BS. I said you pulling passing numbers out of your ass is.

Let's not forget that Jean has shown a trend of dropping passes and getting holding penalties. And let's also not forget that AJ, DHop, Martin, OD and Graham have shown themselves to be very reliable. Martin is the weak link among those, but is still pretty reliable. Keenum showed famiarity with all of those but AJ and OD. They didn't play much at all in PS.

I also highly doubt that Kubiak benches one of those guys just because Keenum started a game. You don't bench starter quality players for bench players just because a bench player is starting.
Old 09-23-2013   #48
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
I never said Pythagorean's theorem was BS. I said you pulling passing numbers out of your ass is.

Let's not forget that Jean has shown a trend of dropping passes and getting holding penalties. And let's also not forget that AJ, DHop, Martin, OD and Graham have shown themselves to be very reliable. Martin is the weak link among those, but is still pretty reliable. Keenum showed famiarity with all of those but AJ and OD. They didn't play much at all in PS.

I also highly doubt that Kubiak benches one of those guys just because Keenum started a game. You don't bench starter quality players for bench players just because a bench player is starting.
When they're thrown behind him and in the dirt, yep. There's been a lot of dropped passes. Accuracy counts. He has had a couple of penalties, but he's produced far more than he's been penalized.
Old 09-23-2013   #49
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
When they're thrown behind him and in the dirt, yep. There's been a lot of dropped passes. Accuracy counts. He has had a couple of penalties, but he's produced far more than he's been penalized.
I guess you got this opinion from Wiki, too. Jean has done OK but he's way more inconsistent than the other WR's.
Old 09-23-2013   #50
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you agree that more athletic QB play could lead to better offensive performances? Didn't Yates and Keenum both prove to be more athletic, just as athletic and have a good grasp of the offensive system? What's the big damn deal?
A few million dollars .... They have to admit that the contract they handed Schaub early last season was a mistake.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #51
waynegg
Veteran

But don't like Jean, fine. He'll be a star though. Watch. Keenum is just as on with Martin, DHop, and Graham. I don't recall seeing him hook up with AJ. I'll look for a video.
Old 09-23-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Keenum took 2 seconds to get that play off. Our offensive line gave protection to Schaub in the videos you posted as examples of horrible O Line for a full 3 seconds. What's the issue?
How many receiver do we have that can run the 40 in 2 seconds with full pads?
Old 09-23-2013   #53
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
A few million dollars .... They have to admit that the contract they handed Schaub early last season was a mistake.
I completely agree but then I look at what Pete Carrol did with Wilson and what Harbaugh did with Kaepernick and say WTF??? Why can't Kubiak have the stones to do that? It took MAJOY HUEVOS for Carrol to name Wilson the starter after signing what's his name to a FA contract. Just let the best man start and screw the money. Just win, baby.
Old 09-23-2013   #54
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
I guess you got this opinion from Wiki, too. Jean has done OK but he's way more inconsistent than the other WR's.
I got this from watching him play...
Old 09-23-2013   #55
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I got this from watching him play...
So you have vision problems, too? Man, you're a train wreck.
Old 09-23-2013   #56
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 27197 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO!!!!!!! You are seriously comparing Keenums preseason games vs second and third stringers to yesterday's game???!!!! Hahahahaha. Dude why are you even getting all defensive?. I'm a Keenum fan too, I would like to see a coaching change too, what.........is..........your problem?!
Old 09-23-2013   #57
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How many receiver do we have that can run the 40 in 2 seconds with full pads?
None. The pass was off well before he got there. Watch the video I dug up and linked. That's how you lead the receiver. If you wait til he's already there, where do you think the defender is going to be?
Old 09-23-2013   #58
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
LMAO!!!!!!! You are seriously comparing Keenums preseason games vs second and third stringers to yesterday's game???!!!! Hahahahaha. Dude why are you even getting all defensive?. I'm a Keenum fan too, I would like to see a coaching change too, what.........is..........your problem?!
He played against the cowboy's STARTING DEFENSE for the entire half.

But no, I'm comparing Schaub getting crunched in 3 seconds before he could even look at the play to attempt to get a play off to Keenum getting off beauties like what he showed in the preseason in 2 seconds. Which would leave a whole second to spare. And they aren't tolerating late hits on QBs this year...
Old 09-23-2013   #59
waynegg
Veteran

Surely you see what I'm saying. The offensive line is is adequate. Keenum will get flattened here and there. That's unavoidable with any line. He's shown he knows how to get down when he needs to.
Old 09-23-2013   #60
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Surely you see what I'm saying. The offensive line is is adequate. Keenum will get flattened here and there. That's unavoidable with any line. He's shown he knows how to get down when he needs to.
I'm a Keenum fan, also. I just like him. Having said that, there is absolutely no way that he starts a game this season unless we suffer an injury barrage at QB like we witnessed in 2011. If that happens, expect Kubiak to go even more conservative because that means he has no good QB as a back up. The more likely bet is that Schaub gets hurt or "hurt" and Yates takes over. There is a 0% likelihood that Keenum gets a start over Yates.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read