Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #21
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The real problem is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Lots of problems... But the CORE problem is the O-line. It is the foundation of the system and this team.

Where is Alex Gibbs these days?
Schaub has only been sacked 7 times through 3 games. That is only 2.35 per game, which is acceptable by NFL standards.

And lets be real here.. It's not like Schaub is avoiding sacks & deflating his sack total.

The problem is Schaub's confidence. He has a 39.5 QBR through 3 games, and his accuracy has been suspect.

We are witnessing a continuation of his struggles from late last season.

I thought Kubiak would install some new wrinkles this off season to help him out, but apparently not.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #22
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 1365 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
So you agree that more athletic QB play could lead to better offensive performances? Didn't Yates and Keenum both prove to be more athletic, just as athletic and have a good grasp of the offensive system? What's the big damn deal?
And one of those showed to be deadly accurate deep.
waynegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #23
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegg View Post
And one of those showed to be deadly accurate deep.
You mean Yates who threw 4 accurate interceptions to the Ravens two seasons ago?

I don't quite remember seeing Case throw any deep balls yet in the NFL.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #24
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan View Post
The OL

Even Brady or the all mighty Rodgers couldnt get a pass off with this kind of protection. Rush 4 drop 7....... daaaaaaam.
Schaub didn't have a good game yesterday... but the OL (namely pass pro) hasn't looked as good in years past.

Schaub has shortcomings, he's not perfect nor close to "elite"... so the team needs to help him out, by giving him a clean pocket.
Old 09-23-2013   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: The real problem is.....
Well the real problem are the fans.........

After 3 games, admittedly well not played by the Texans, they are 2-1! I wonder how Ravens fans felt after getting spanked by 30 here, last year before going on to win the SB last year...

Overreaction is the new NFL!!!
Old 09-23-2013   #26
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
You mean Yates who threw 4 accurate interceptions to the Ravens two seasons ago?

I don't quite remember seeing Case throw any deep balls yet in the NFL.
Yes, he means that Yates. That would seem an improvement ove the accurate Schaub who has thrown 2 pick sixes in the 3 games this season. Why not give Yates the benefit of the doubt, based on his offseason performance, that he isn't the same wide-eyed rookie that he was two years ago? Do you think he's been in stasis since? You don't think he's been studying and learning the playbook? You think trading up to get some rookie QB next year will cure all our woes? Maybe I should change all of those "thinks" to "feels" because all of those thinks show a serious lack of thinking and a whole bunch of feeling. Any rational fan would want to see the vastly more experienced Yates come in rather than some rookie. Texan fans experienced that from 2002-2006.
Old 09-23-2013   #27
waynegg
Veteran

Rep Power: 1365 waynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respectedwaynegg is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's get real. This is what Keenum did against the cowboys starting defense.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-8d21fbde2246

That's a 50 yard in the air pass from midfield 34 yard line (34.5 really) to five yards deep in the end zone with pinpoint accuracy. He connected twice like this with Jean. That's natural talent that has nothing to do with what defense he's facing.

Sure, they worked on their timing a lot. He did with Martin too then apparently because they were just as on. And AJ is hurt so we need a receiver to step up. His fakes were great, and when he faced pressure he had some wheels on it.

I've really been feeling like we all watched different games during the preseason or something, or just didn't pay attention because Schaub is your man.
Old 09-23-2013   #28
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18476 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I see Derek Newton and Wade Smith both having a bad day. In the 2nd video watch Derek Newton get off the ground at the very end, he can't bend his right knee. An OT can't play when he's got bad knees. Why is he on the field?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #29
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Let's get real. This is what Keenum did against the cowboys starting defense.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...6-8d21fbde2246

That's a 50 yard in the air pass from midfield 34 yard line (34.5 really) to five yards deep in the end zone with pinpoint accuracy. He connected twice like this with Jean. That's natural talent that has nothing to do with what defense he's facing.

Sure, they worked on their timing a lot. He did with Martin too then apparently because they were just as on. And AJ is hurt so we need a receiver to step up. His fakes were great, and when he faced pressure he had some wheels on it.

I've really been feeling like we all watched different games during the preseason or something, or just didn't pay attention because Schaub is your man.
34 + 5 = 39 yards... not 50. And that is not the starting Dallas defense.

I like Case, I'm extremely happy with him as our 3rd string. Is he ready to the be thrown to the wolves and start over Schaub? I don't know, in fact, i highly doubt it. I don't watch them practice, so I can't truly say. But I do remember alot of the press mention during training camp sessions how Schaub is so far ahead of Yates and Keenum.

So if you were head coach of the Texans, you'd honestly start Case next Sunday?
Old 09-23-2013   #30
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20124 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Without hesitation ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #31
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Without hesitation ...
Me too.
Old 09-23-2013   #32
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:

I like Case, I'm extremely happy with him as our 3rd string. Is he ready to the be thrown to the wolves and start over Schaub? I don't know, in fact, i highly doubt it. I don't watch them practice, so I can't truly say. But I do remember alot of the press mention during training camp sessions how Schaub is so far ahead of Yates and Keenum.

Let's let Pythagoras help you

A^2 + B^2 = C^2

(25.665 x 25.665) + (39.5 x 39.5) = 47.1 yards in the air.

(25.665 x 25.665) + (39 x 39) = 46.6 yards in the air.

Math is good!
Old 09-23-2013   #33
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Me too.
Ummm... didn't you just say this a few posts ago?

Quote:
Any rational fan would want to see the vastly more experienced Yates come in rather than some rookie. Texan fans experienced that from 2002-2006.
Old 09-23-2013   #34
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:

What has Schaub shown you that says he's ready to be thrown to the wolves? You never know how any QB is going to react to a regular season game until they play one. A bad game loss by Yates or Keenum wouldn't be any worse than the loss we had against the Ravens.
Old 09-23-2013   #35
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20124 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

A^2 + B^2 = C^2

Math is good!
The only numbers that mean anything are the ones on the scoreboard when the last second has run off ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #36
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
The only numbers that mean anything are the ones on the scoreboard when the last second has run off ...
Pulling numbers out of your ass ain't exactly math. That makes you a global warmist climatologist. In other words, an idiot.

Not directed at you, kingtexan.
Old 09-23-2013   #37
waynegg
Veteran

Quote:
But I do remember alot of the press mention during training camp sessions how Schaub is so far ahead of Yates and Keenum.
This is the press kissing up to Kubiak for the good interviews. They have no vested interest as the news in who wins. They want the good interviews because they want us to watch them even if we can't bear to watch the game.

Schaub finished preseason with a 63.5 rating and has gotten worse since. Keenum lead (or was he second?) the nfl with a 106.7. I know he ranked higher than any current starter.

We need a quarterback and we need a receiver. Case is hot with Lestar Jean. Tah-dah. Not that hard.
Old 09-23-2013   #38
revan
Veteran

Rep Power: 15026 revan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respectedrevan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is the press kissing up to Kubiak for the good interviews. They have no vested interest as the news in who wins. They want the good interviews because they want us to watch them even if we can't bear to watch the game.

Schaub finished preseason with a 63.5 rating and has gotten worse since. Keenum lead (or was he second?) the nfl with a 106.7. I know he ranked higher than any current starter.

We need a quarterback and we need a receiver. Case is hot with Lestar Jean. Tah-dah. Not that hard.
Like I said and my point in this thread, I'd rather see the OLine fixed first. If Bryan freaken Hoyer can look good behind the awesome OL in Cleveland I'm sure Schaub will excel the same way. I would love to see Keenum play over Yates, but the last thing we want to do us pull another David Carr and throw this kid to the wolves with this line.
Old 09-23-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
In the 2nd video watch Derek Newton get off the ground at the very end, he can't bend his right knee. An OT can't play when he's got bad knees. Why is he on the field?
We've got 3 OTs on the roster. Brown (toe), Newton (knee), Harris

We drafted Brennan Williams in the third as insurance in case Newton couldn't get back to his pre injury form. We also drafted David Quesenberry for future development.

Brennan started having knee issues of his own pretty early in the offseason. There was probably some misdiagnosis going on, but the end result is that his knee never got right... we put him on IR.

Q was showing some promise, could play tackle, but I think they thought he would be closer to seeing the field at tackle. He took most of his snaps at tackle. He broke his foot in practice less than a week before opening day. We put him on IR.

They tried to load the roster with people who might be an upgrade at OT, it just didn't work out for us. They didn't bring in a vet, because they had Harris. They weren't going to bring anyone in better than Harris because we don't have the money for it & we don't know how good Harris is. He was a bright spot on Denver's OL before he had injuries of his own..... back I think. He was fairly healthy last season, I think he's 100% this year. Brown's our LT & they want Newton to be our RT, so I don't know that Harris can't play.

He's not a franchise LT, I'm sure he won't play like one. But if Newton continues to struggle I wouldn't be surprised if they slide him over to the right side when Duane comes back.
Old 09-23-2013   #40
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

A^2 + B^2 = C^2

Math is good!
That sounds like something I would say.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read