Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #1
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default SeaHawks fan here

Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 66021 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: SeaHawks fan here

Welcome to the board, I'm sure there will be some good football discussion leading up to the game Sunday. Everyone here is pretty pissed off at our team right now. The Texans better come out as angry as the fans are right now.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #3
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect most Texans fans to watch the game, see your QB perform compared to ours, and want to jump off their balconies. Fortunately here in Houston many homes are single story, and very few are more than two, so it will be mostly just sprained ankles and nicks and bruises.

Welcome ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.
Old 09-23-2013   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the board, Seahawks Fan. I hope we have a good game (that means we blow y'all out) and the Texans can get back on track.

The Seahawks have an awesome secondary, but I think we match up well in several key areas. Hopefully there are no injuries and the good guys win.
Old 09-23-2013   #6
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34103 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Serious question - would you trade Wilson for Schaub if you could? Either this year alone or going forward.
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.
Old 09-23-2013   #7
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
If you are asking that of me I would give up much more than Matt for Wilson.
I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....
Old 09-23-2013   #8
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I don't believe he was asking you. Just saying....
Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...
Old 09-23-2013   #9
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacHawk View Post
Hello all!

Obviously, I'm a SeaHawks fan. But There are two teams in the AFC that I find myself following or rooting for. The first is the Texans (Waaay classier than Dallas fans), the second is the team the Texans have beaten the last two years in the playoffs.

I am very much looking forward to the game on Sunday, and I have to say, regardless of what happened in Baltimore, this is a game that has me a bit worried.

Our All-Pro left tackle is on injured reserve with a return designation, and our guard play has been shaky at best. That didn't prove too detrimental against the Jags, but the Texans aren't the Jags. I expect to see TE Zach Miller helping quite a bit with JJ Watt, so you shouldn't see him releasing into the secondary very often.

I also would guess that the 'Hawks are going to try and run the ball a lot. You won't see a whole lot of 5 to 7 step drops from our QB on Sunday. I'm guessing you'll see more 3 step drops, play action, and roll outs. If not, Wilson is going to get hit.

On the other side, I have a pretty good feeling about our defense that is getting healthier going against your banged up offense. And Schaub is a statue, so that works in our favor.

But all in all, I expect a close game with the result hinging on turnovers and a few big plays where they can be had. Cheers to a good and injury free game on Sunday!

Welcome! I respect the Seahawks a great deal. Are you sure Russell Okung is "All Pro"? I believe he's a pro bowler, and that's a great accomplishment.. But All Pro is a whole different tamale.

If the game comes down to turnovers, I think you guys have the advantage. To be honest, our only turnovers of the season come in the form of INT's. We have been pretty good about not fumbling thus far. **knock on wood**

I think you will have a hard time running the ball against us. But, Russell is a savvy QB who can throw bullets down the field.

Seahawks are a much better home team, so we have that going for us.

I think it will be a good, hard fought game.. With the Texans coming out on top.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #10
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Well enjoy the feast, our offense is a flaming piece of dog sheet.
Old 09-23-2013   #11
SacHawk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respectedSacHawk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. Absolutely not. Never ever. Russell Wilson is the absolute truth.

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

Matt Schaub is Matt Hasselbeck2.0
SacHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #12
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I was thinking David Carr 2.0, but without the strong arm, or ability to run.
Old 09-23-2013   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
Thought he may have "only" been asking the OP ...
Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL.
Old 09-23-2013   #14
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Still didn't give a damn about your opinion. LOL.
No one does, I know it ... but yet continue to share ...
Old 09-23-2013   #15
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 09-23-2013   #16
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Peyton Manning set the rookie record for TD passes with 26 while throwing 28 INTS that same year. Russell Wilson tied his record while only throwing 10 INTS, and only 2 over the second half of the season.

Russell Wilson was second all time for rookie passer rating at 100.00 (RGIII was like 100.04 or something)

Russell Wilson owns the rookie record for consecutive passes completed at 17

Wilson is currently the 3rd highest rated passer in the NFL at 109.6

He's got wheels, and he can run. But he's a passer first.

I'm not so sure the question was "serious"
Old 09-23-2013   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is this.... @theGuruStu is coming in town Friday from Seattle. I look forward to seeing him but kicking his ass Sunday!!!

Stu, I'll see ya at Nick's place Friday!

*EDIT*

BTW Stu, you sounded a bit awnry on 1560 this evening!!
Old 09-23-2013   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchaubApologist View Post
I'm not so sure the question was "serious"
Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.
Old 09-23-2013   #19
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Quote:
Was curious what an outsider thought of Schaub.
oh, my bad.. thought you were being facetious (:

well, for what it's worth.. I would totally trade wilson for schaub straight up if I were the Seahawks
Old 09-23-2013   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119300 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder what it's like to feel that way about a Houston quarterback. It's been so long since the days of Dante and later, Warren Moon.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read