Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #41
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Classless act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegara View Post
Shut up.

They could have tried a running play and turned the ball over since the game was completely out of reach at that point.
Boo hoo, boo hoo! Mean Ravens didn't make it easy and didn't let us win, I'm taking my ball and going home boo hoo.

Grow up.
Old 09-23-2013   #42
SouthSideTexan
HATER!!!!!

Section: 319 Row L
Rep Power: 400 SouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSouthSideTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

They should have hung a fifty-burger on us the way we played.
Old 09-23-2013   #43
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14619 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't even notice that I was too pissed off at the skull****ing they gave us for 60 minutes.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #44
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the worst threads I have seen in a while. I honestly think we should do a "Worst Thread of the Season" poll after the season. Actually, I am going to set that up. PM me nominations throughout the season, and I will create the poll after the Texans' season is over.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
What did you think of the Ravens kicking that last field goal? Do you think if it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all?
No..
Old 09-23-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
You won't get that with Kubiak, never ever. Now, the coach coming into town next week, he'll give it to ya.

We squashed their bug a55 last year.
Old 09-23-2013   #47
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to read too much into it. However, this thread is probably a by-product of the mindset of the team sometimes.

It seems like this HC lacks a killer instinct. When the Texans get ahead, they do not go for the throat, but seem content to ride out the clock and play a percentage game with "safe" plays.

So, perhaps it is a foreign concept to the OP to see a team with a true killer instinct who never lets up until the clock strikes 0:00, because we rarely see such an attitude from the Texans. It has happened (for those that want to give individual examples), but those are exceptions and not indicative of the general attitude of the team.

We have some players with this attitude, but as a team, it is lacking the general mad dog mindset.
Old 09-23-2013   #48
gwallaia

Rep Power: 84150 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I don't want to read too much into it. However, this thread is probably a by-product of the mindset of the team sometimes.

It seems like this HC lacks a killer instinct. When the Texans get ahead, they do not go for the throat, but seem content to ride out the clock and play a percentage game with "safe" plays.

So, perhaps it is a foreign concept to the OP to see a team with a true killer instinct who never lets up until the clock strikes 0:00, because we rarely see such an attitude from the Texans. It has happened (for those that want to give individual examples), but those are exceptions and not indicative of the general attitude of the team.

We have some players with this attitude, but as a team, it is lacking the general mad dog mindset.
DB, this exactly why Kubiak does not have a killer instinct. He would not want to hurt the feelings of the other team and have their fans make unflattering comments about him on a message board.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #49
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

While it IS nice to win on the road, it's MUCH better to do it later in the season when wins are at a premium. Better to finish strong than to start strong.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #50
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 145735 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
I didn't even notice that I was too pissed off at the skull****ing they gave us for 60 minutes.
More like 32 1/2 minutes. Texans controlled the game until the pick 6...then the wheels came off.
Old 09-23-2013   #51
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
While it IS nice to win on the road, it's MUCH better to do it later in the season when wins are at a premium. Better to finish strong than to start strong.
So you're holding out hope of THIS team doing that. Good luck.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #52
IlliniJen
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 176918 IlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respectedIlliniJen is a quality contributor and well respected

This ain't some pee wee "everyone is special" participatory prize co-ed soccer league. This is the National Football League were the men are paid millions to be PROFESSIONAL football players. If there are points to hang on a team, hang those points! There's no cryin' in football!

"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I get to kill something." - Ron Swanson
IlliniJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What did you think of the Ravens kicking that last field goal? Do you think if it wasn't for low class, they wouldn't have any at all?
There was nearly four minutes to go in the game.

We were down by three scores. Weirder crap has happened over the history of the league than to lose a game when you were up by 18 in the fourth quarter. Two TDs with the associated 2-pt conversion and now they're only a FG away from a loss.

You DO recall they scored 14 pts in a two minute stretch just before halftime, right? So a quick 14-pt (or 16 if we go for two both times) is possible. Not probable the way we sucked but possible.

So yeah, I totally see Harbaugh choosing to make it a 21 point lead instead of a 18-pt lead. From a certain viewpoint, it's respect. It was Harbaugh saying, "We've seen you come from behind before and I ain't taking no chances."

Not classless, common sense.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #54
kingtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53394 kingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedkingtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with it. Like has already been said if you don't want a team to keep scoring on you, then stop them. I would love to see a 100 point game in the modern era ...
kingtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell Peyton would somehow got a TD pass in that situation.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #56
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Classless act

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
Had they faked the FG and scored a TD, maybe so. Kicking a chip shot FG? Nah.
Wouldn't have made any difference; the Ravens totally dominated this game. To be honest, I wish our coach was more like Harbaugh; the score was flattering to the Texans.
Old 09-23-2013   #57
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 09-24-2013   #58
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
So you're holding out hope of THIS team doing that. Good luck.
"It aint over till it's over"
:Yogi Bera

"Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday"
:Oriel A. "Bum" Phillips

Need I remind you that the team who won the Superbowl last year BARELY made it into the playoffs? It's the 3rd game of the season, your team has won 2 out of 3 of their games and you're jumping off the bandwagon ALREADY? Wow. With fans like YOU behind them how can the Texans POSSIBLY lose?

Obvious
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-24-2013   #59
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtexan View Post
I have no problem with it. Like has already been said if you don't want a team to keep scoring on you, then stop them. I would love to see a 100 point game in the modern era ...
Sorry. If I'm on defense and you run up 100 points on my team and go full throttle for a full 60 mins of football the next time we play each other my memory of your merciless humiliation and emasculation of me and my team mates will be fresh in my memory and I'll make it my mission to make you best buddies with the team trainers or whomever puts you into a huge therapeutic bath. Kicking someone's butt is one thing, running up the score is another. In this game the Ravens kicked the Texans butt, but our special teams helped them do it.
Old 09-24-2013   #60
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year it was Texans 26 Ravens 3 with a min before halftime- Texans kicked a FG- is that a classless act?

then Texans 36 ravens 13 with 8 min left in 4th qtr, Foster runs 2 yds for a TD.= is that a classless?

Im in the 'Don't like it, stop 'em" crowd...these are grown men playing, not 12 yr olds Rec league players.....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read