Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2013   #41
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I wonder how much of that is his QB .... We know he cant move well. He doesn't have a strong arm .... and from the looks of the last three games , he isn't reading defenses very well. I have to wonder if the league has figured him out.
Maybe Schaub needs new contacts lenses. He sure isn't seeing 'ish out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #42
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Losing like THAT...especially when I live in the state, is bad. Even the damn cops at the gate were chirping in my ear this morning.
I mean, they should know right?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #43
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I mean, they should know right?
I have a rule in life, never argue with a guy with a gun.

I'll eat my giant slice of humble pie but I know we're better than they are. Just weren't yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #44
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 15351 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Same ol' stuff, different year. We have two really good WR's besides AJ in Hopkins and Posey so what's the excuse for the 3-5 yards passes? Screens on long 3rd downs? We are SOFT. Just like the Longhorns. Starts with the HC. Also, Schaub might be the least athletic QB in the entire league.

I'm so tired of people defending Schaub and Gary. It's exactly like last year and the years before. Slow starts. Predictable play calling. Everything has to be perfect for Schaub to perform. My emotions are put to the side for this season because I see exactly what kind of team we are. It's a shame because we are loaded with talent except at QB. There are far worse OL in the league with the QB playing above it. Ugh..
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #45
cstyle42
Veteran

Rep Power: 4590 cstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respectedcstyle42 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Same ol' stuff, different year. We have two really good WR's besides AJ in Hopkins and Posey so what's the excuse for the 3-5 yards passes? Screens on long 3rd downs? We are SOFT. Just like the Longhorns. Starts with the HC. Also, Schaub might be the least athletic QB in the entire league.

I'm so tired of people defending Schaub and Gary. It's exactly like last year and the years before. Slow starts. Predictable play calling. Everything has to be perfect for Schaub to perform. My emotions are put to the side for this season because I see exactly what kind of team we are. It's a shame because we are loaded with talent except at QB. There are far worse OL in the league with the QB playing above it. Ugh..
This something else that ticks me off... I got the texans app and I'm looking at the post game interviews. They got Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Brian Cushing, Shane Lechler and Ryan Harris talking. Where in the hell is Matt Schaub? Somewhere hiding behind Gary Kubiak next to Rick Dennison! Speak up man say something... I wish the players on our team would just go ahead and call Schaub out. I am sick of this dude being cuddled and nurtured. My bet is Arian Foster is the first to do it.
cstyle42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstyle42 View Post
This something else that ticks me off... I got the texans app and I'm looking at the post game interviews. They got Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Brian Cushing, Shane Lechler and Ryan Harris talking. Where in the hell is Matt Schaub? Somewhere hiding behind Gary Kubiak next to Rick Dennison! Speak up man say something... I wish the players on our team would just go ahead and call Schaub out. I am sick of this dude being cuddled and nurtured. My bet is Arian Foster is the first to do it.
He did his Matt Schaub show this morning. I'm waiting for the podcast on HT.com
Old 09-23-2013   #47
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Just pointing out how silly this sounds. We were rattling off the problems this team had from week 1. None of those problems went away, but we managed to win 12 games in spite of them. We won the division, we won a play off game.. & it don't matter to me who we beat. They were there, they got beat.

All because Kubiak does a good job of covering up our weaknesses.

We lose one game & we're talking about mediocrity..... that's silly. There are real issues here, to make sht up.... that's just, well.... silly.
The point is that this team has peaked under Gary/Matt and since Gary is HC for life then yes it's best to move on from Schaub. Be it with T.J./Case or a draft pick.

And yes, keeping a ST's coach of the worst ST's in the NFL and expecting a different result, even when you spend $$$$ on the best P in in NFL history is ludicrous/excepting mediocrity and not holding people accountable. All of which seems to be a staple of Gary's regime.

But hey, these guys are all great guys.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #48
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Ah yes, the all encompassing "Everybody Calm Down" thread that comes after Texans fans are displeased about what they see on the field...

Personally, I am tired of calming down. I've been calm for 12 years now, I've been calm for what 8 years now with this head coach?

Calm walked it's self right out the door at the end of last year when a 2nd year coach was in the Super Bowl and our 7-8th year coach has only 2 playoffs wins under his belt.

Calm walked out the door when I am watching teams that were 7-9, 6-10, 2-14 turn it around in one year and make noise in the playoffs, while THIS team keeps on with status quo...

Calm walked out the door when the EXACT same problems that plagued this team last year, are still plaguing this team this year. When you see that nothing has changed from the last time you saw this team...

Screw calm, it's time to rage against the machine...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #49
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Agreed. But the notion that the team could be 0-3 is different than should be. In other words, don't ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat.
Agree with this statement 100%, but that has always been the motto of this board. Ignore the glaring problems and get irritated at others who bring up the concerns ahead of time, but then totally freak out when the team loses and go all haywire over it then. Symptoms are always there, but when a team wins even if it's ugly people like to gloss over it. I questioned whether Kubiak would start a guy like Wilson or Kaepernick, because I don't think Kubiak would have ever opened up the competition to either guy. I think he is attached to Schaub and that is the only alternative he wants. I think that is a problem that we might have to be tied to Schaub for another two or three more years due to Gary's attachment. That is a problem that shouldn't be accepted for that much longer as more and more people are certain that we can't win with Schaub.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #50
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I have to wonder if the league has figured him out.
I think some in the league have figured out a couple of hot read adjustments we make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
He did his Matt Schaub show this morning. I'm waiting for the podcast on HT.com
I heard Schaub for a couple of minutes this morning and was reminded what a waste of time it is. All coach speak.
Old 09-23-2013   #51
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Ah yes, the all encompassing "Everybody Calm Down" thread that comes after Texans fans are displeased about what they see on the field...

Personally, I am tired of calming down. I've been calm for 12 years now, I've been calm for what 8 years now with this head coach?

Calm walked it's self right out the door at the end of last year when a 2nd year coach was in the Super Bowl and our 7-8th year coach has only 2 playoffs wins under his belt.

Calm walked out the door when I am watching teams that were 7-9, 6-10, 2-14 turn it around in one year and make noise in the playoffs, while THIS team keeps on with status quo...

Calm walked out the door when the EXACT same problems that plagued this team last year, are still plaguing this team this year. When you see that nothing has changed from the last time you saw this team...

good post, excellent rant, and I agree 100%. + rep

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #52
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Maybe I'm a "sunshine-pumper", but this board is absolutely sickening after the first loss of the season.

I'm all for bringing up legitimate concerns about the team and even complaining about players/coaches/schemes. Every team (shocker) has them.

What makes me sick is how the first loss of the year (and every loss after that) is used to somehow prove that certain people were right all along. It's like they were lying in wait, painfully being patient through wins (because, you know, that's what fans do), and then finally. FINALLY. It's time to unleash the hate, because our team lost a game.

Every team loses. Every team can look BAD. Any given Sunday.

By all means, rage against the machine. Just wait for more than one loss on the season.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #53
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I thought you were becoming a Colts fan already?
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post

What makes me sick is how the first loss of the year (and every loss after that) is used to somehow prove that certain people were right all along.
Agreed.

"We were inconsistent in the red zone last year & we're inconsistent now."

We were 8 for 8 before yesterday.

"Matt never throws it past the sticks" He did against the Chargers, he did against the Titans.

"We can't beat the elite teams" We beat these Ravens last year.

"We never step on anyone's throat." We killed these Ravens & the Broncos last season.

But since we lost, it's time to bring all that up.
Old 09-23-2013   #55
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The team had a piss poor performance yesterday, and a lot of the stuff we saw we've seen to many times already.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #56
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

We should have grabbed Manning last year when he had us on his list of teams he was interested in.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #57
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
I thought you were becoming a Colts fan already?
Just when I thought I was out.....

Dey pull me back in!!!!

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013   #58
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post

On the heels of last season, I can understand the frustration with the conservative playcalls on 3rd and long. However, the conservative game plan was unique to this week- on the road against Baltimore and without Duane Brown. The Texans have been very aggressive in those situations the first two weeks- more aggressive than I ever remember. Clearly, they entered this week attempting to control the ball, avoid 7 step drops, and rely on the defense more heavily. The game plan fell apart int he 2nd quarter with the interception return and the punt return. I

It did make sense to avoid exposing our tackles to Dumervil and Suggs. Unfortunately, those two big plays combined with an afternoon of penalties vs. the defense ruined the plan. In a tight game in the second quarter, I thought it made total sense to run a draw on 3rd and 17 in our own territory.
Old 09-23-2013   #59
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Since there seems to be a concerted effort to overlook Schaub's shortcomings this year, let's have a little perspective: Link

Let's see:

The Good:

1. Completion percentage = A bit above his career average at 64.4

2. Above career average for yards

3. Above career average for touchdowns

4. Above career average for TD percentage.

5. Yards / Game second only to 2009

6. Great pace for 4th QTR comebacks and game winning drives.

The Bad:

1. Set to shatter INT numbers

2. Highest INT % since 2007

3. Longest pass of 32 yds (last in the league)

4. Lowest Y/A and AY/A as a Texan (only higher than his rookie yr in ATL)

5. Y/C - Lowest in his career

6. Quarterback Rating and ESPNs QBR - One lowest since 2007, the other FAR lower since they started it in 2008.

7. On pace to shatter sacks mark (though this one most assuredly not all on him)

8. NY/A & AYN/A- Lowest since he was a rookie in ATL.

Someone please tell me how those "good" numbers outweigh the "bad" ones? That we're 2-1 isn't enough, not with the remaining schedule.
Old 09-23-2013   #60
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Since there seems to be a concerted effort to overlook Schaub's shortcomings this year, let's have a little perspective: Link

Let's see:

The Good:

1. Completion percentage = A bit above his career average at 64.4

2. Above career average for yards

3. Above career average for touchdowns

4. Above career average for TD percentage.

5. Yards / Game second only to 2009

6. Great pace for 4th QTR comebacks and game winning drives.

The Bad:

1. Set to shatter INT numbers

2. Highest INT % since 2007

3. Longest pass of 32 yds (last in the league)

4. Lowest Y/A and AY/A as a Texan (only higher than his rookie yr in ATL)

5. Y/C - Lowest in his career

6. Quarterback Rating and ESPNs QBR - One lowest since 2007, the other FAR lower since they started it in 2008.

7. On pace to shatter sacks mark (though this one most assuredly not all on him)

8. NY/A & AYN/A- Lowest since he was a rookie in ATL.

Someone please tell me how those "good" numbers outweigh the "bad" ones? That we're 2-1 isn't enough, not with the remaining schedule.

3 games in, thats what the numbers tell you. Id be interested to hear what the numbers looked like at the start of week 3. One bad game in 3 certainly throws numbers off. I dont think Schaub will continue his INT avg. I think 3-5 on the bad will also improve with more games
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read